Hi everyone!!

Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

StevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud of
Default Hi everyone!!

I'm Cheryl, my OH is Steve and our children are Oliver (7) and Millie (3). We've just recently made the decision that it's now or never and are busy reading every bit of information we can get our hands on. The visa applications look daunting as I'm a self employed 'spouse' with a skill not listed on SOL (carpet and upholstery cleaner) - it's never straight forward is it.

Not decided where we will go yet but it would have to be near one of the main shipping ports as my husbands a transport logistics manager - so anyone out there with ideas???

Anyway, it's going to be nice chatting with everyone and sharing the experience.

Kindest regards
Cheryl
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi everyone!!

Originally Posted by StevenChez
I'm Cheryl, my OH is Steve and our children are Oliver (7) and Millie (3). We've just recently made the decision that it's now or never and are busy reading every bit of information we can get our hands on. The visa applications look daunting as I'm a self employed 'spouse' with a skill not listed on SOL (carpet and upholstery cleaner) - it's never straight forward is it.

Not decided where we will go yet but it would have to be near one of the main shipping ports as my husbands a transport logistics manager - so anyone out there with ideas???

Anyway, it's going to be nice chatting with everyone and sharing the experience.

Kindest regards
Cheryl
Wecome to the site............lots of helpful advice on here.

Perth has a big port.............Freemantle...........lots of international shipping traffic.

We live in the Northern Suburbs of Perth............been here almost 3 years now.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

StevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud of

Hi Sandra, lovely to hear from you. There's so much to take in but Perth certainly looks fantastic.

Speak soon.

Cheryl x
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:33 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cheryl,

Welcome to BE and best of luck with your venture!

jackie x
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:56 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Kindest regards
Cheryl
Welcome to the site.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

gidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud ofgidxg03 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sue
Welcome to the site.
Hi Cheryl. The visa process is daunting but you can use an agent to apply for the visa for you. Thats what we are doing (using Go Matilda - would recommend them). If you decide to apply for the 136 skilled visa you could apply with your husband as main applicant (if he scores more points than you - as my wife did with us). It's all straight forward and the agency will let you know everything that they need. They will also do a pre assessment before you pay any money as they cannot take you on their books unless their confident you'll pass. Hope this helps.

Dave.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome. If you are a bit daunted by the whole thing then it might be worth using an agent to help you. We are using Go Matilda and would recommend them.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the welcome. My husband has a meeting with his MD on Monday to discuss relocating to one of their Aus offices. It's so unlikely there will be a position because it would be filled so quickly by someone from their head office, but I feel like going into the meeting with him and grovelling at the MD's knees!

So until we hear back from that I'll have to hang fire with the visa app.

Cheryl
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:41 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you bake the MD an nice cake Cheryl

Wishing you lots of luck!

Jackie x
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:37 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the welcome. My husband has a meeting with his MD on Monday to discuss relocating to one of their Aus offices. It's so unlikely there will be a position because it would be filled so quickly by someone from their head office, but I feel like going into the meeting with him and grovelling at the MD's knees!

So until we hear back from that I'll have to hang fire with the visa app.

Cheryl
Hi guys, i was searching thorugh mycareer for jobs in Adelaide and there was stacks of places looking for import and export people.

Hope this helps you out some.