Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi everyone ~ I'm new to the site & full of q's!

Hi everyone ~ I'm new to the site & full of q's!

Old May 7th 2007, 7:39 am
Just Joined

happypod is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi everyone ~ I'm new to the site & full of q's!

Hi

I am a health worker ~ waiting on a phone interview for work in Robinvale, Victoria from my flat in Yorkshire.
I'd really appreciate any info re the area/life etc... I am in process of having documents certified (waiting on refs) for sponsorship.
I do not want to live in a city but neither do I want to live in too remote an area.
I am in contact with an Agency in Perth who have asked where I want to work/live, not having been to Aus I cannot answer with 100% conviction, have stated the above and said near the sea (which, of course Robinvale isn't). Any suggestions/ideas/bits of advice etc would be gratefully received.

Ta & good wishes
Old May 7th 2007, 7:53 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone ~ I'm new to the site & full of q's!

Sorry can't help with info on that area, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say good luck with your venture.

Jackie x
Old May 7th 2007, 7:59 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hey welcome,my rellies are in nursing,i may be wrong,i believe that subiaco(perth),is quite popular with the nursing community,,

there will be someone along in a minute to sort you out..

welcome..

aston
Old May 7th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

You said you dont want to live in the city, have you thought about the beautiful Bunbury in the south west, just 2 hours south of Perth.
Welcome to expats.
Denise
Old May 7th 2007, 8:04 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

messed that up sorry forget about subiaco..
Old May 7th 2007, 9:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Sorry can't help with info on that area, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say good luck with your venture.

Jackie x
Ta that's lovely ~ nice to meet you.
Old May 7th 2007, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cranni
You said you dont want to live in the city, have you thought about the beautiful Bunbury in the south west, just 2 hours south of Perth.
Welcome to expats.
Denise
Sounds well worth mentioning to the agency ~ ta for the help.
best wishes
Old May 7th 2007, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by aston man
messed that up sorry forget about subiaco..
no worries ~ I've no idea where the place is anyway! lol
All the best
Old May 7th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

No help at all - but welcome to the forum and best of luck!
Old May 7th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happypod
Hi

I am a health worker ~ waiting on a phone interview for work in Robinvale, Victoria from my flat in Yorkshire.
I'd really appreciate any info re the area/life etc... I am in process of having documents certified (waiting on refs) for sponsorship.
I do not want to live in a city but neither do I want to live in too remote an area.
I am in contact with an Agency in Perth who have asked where I want to work/live, not having been to Aus I cannot answer with 100% conviction, have stated the above and said near the sea (which, of course Robinvale isn't). Any suggestions/ideas/bits of advice etc would be gratefully received.

Ta & good wishes
Sorry, I'm in Qld but welcome to BE
Old May 7th 2007, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by happypod
Sounds well worth mentioning to the agency ~ ta for the help.
best wishes
I am seeking to move somewhere that is not a city i.e. not too busy, smelly & bustling, this is for living as much as for the job which will involve travelling around to various clinics & i really do not want to have to drive around cities.
Maybe Bunbury would be ideal as it is reasonably close to Perth, what is the pop? Is it more like a town? a friend of mine, also in healthcare went to Robinvale (& passed on m CV) but is now moving to Newcastle, I haven't been in communication with him yet but think that it's most prob to do with the extreme ruralness of the location & I know that i prob couldn't hack it either, but then neither do I want a city!!!!
Thanx for your help
all the best
Old May 7th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

will pm you