Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi any one know mackay area?

hi any one know mackay area?

Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute
Default hi any one know mackay area?

hi there my partner has been offered a job in Mackay and i wondered does any one know the area or live near there?any info would be brill thanks xxx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 7:55 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi any one know mackay area?

Originally Posted by LINDZI
hi there my partner has been offered a job in Mackay and i wondered does any one know the area or live near there?any info would be brill thanks xxx

I dont live there but I have been there, and I personally didnt like it.......yes it is a city but it was very dirty......jobs are a plenty but then it is very industrial, and has basically got so big because of the mines, its is also very touristy and housing is expensive but then the wages should reflect that

H
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
I dont live there but I have been there, and I personally didnt like it.......yes it is a city but it was very dirty......jobs are a plenty but then it is very industrial, and has basically got so big because of the mines, its is also very touristy and housing is expensive but then the wages should reflect that

H
hi thanks for that info i would say in hull where i live is dirty because of the rubbish all over but if theres a lot of mines there would be,is there anything else that you could let me know? thanks xx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

H
A friend of mine has just gone to live there, he has family over there in Mackay and from what I can gather it is rather industrial. We looked into the housing there but was'nt too impressed, quite expensive and not the nicest looking houses
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The S's
A friend of mine has just gone to live there, he has family over there in Mackay and from what I can gather it is rather industrial. We looked into the housing there but was'nt too impressed, quite expensive and not the nicest looking houses
thank you for replying does this friend who has gone to live there have children? the look of a house does not bother me to much as long as it is tidy and clean and is secure enough. thanksxx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Yes he has 3 kiddies and was really pleased to be going there, he never mentioned it was dirty etc, he has been on reccies numerous times so was obviously happy with it. What does your partner do for a living
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

TheGreenz is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: hi any one know mackay area?

Hi Lindzi, don't know if you picked up my PM. My husband has just excepted a job in Mackay what does your partner do? I have done a bit of research on Mackay and would be happy to send you the links for sites which I have found useful.
Rachel.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes he has 3 kiddies and was really pleased to be going there, he never mentioned it was dirty etc, he has been on reccies numerous times so was obviously happy with it. What does your partner do for a living
he is a design engineer and i have a daughter who is 8yrs old i have been looking at the council website it looks ok but we need to get more research on this city and where best to locate to xx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:15 pm

perhaps we landed in the wrong part of town lol.......we didnt stay that long to explore further....i just didnt like but that is a personal thing We had seen the website for Mackay but it just didnt live up to its expectations for us anyways.

We live in Yeppoon which is 4 hours drive south of Mackay............much smaller 28,000 population, but plenty to do and miles and miles of beaches.
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheGreenz
Hi Lindzi, don't know if you picked up my PM. My husband has just excepted a job in Mackay what does your partner do? I have done a bit of research on Mackay and would be happy to send you the links for sites which I have found useful.
Rachel.
yer that would be brill i have sent you a private message hope you got this thanks xx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

perhaps we landed in the wrong part of town lol.......we didnt stay that long to explore further....i just didnt like but that is a personal thing We had seen the website for Mackay but it just didnt live up to its expectations for us anyways.

We live in Yeppoon which is 4 hours drive south of Mackay............much smaller 28,000 population, but plenty to do and miles and miles of beaches.
my main concern is the school for my daughter and easy access to a main job source for me as well as my partner xx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:19 pm

my main concern is the school for my daughter and easy access to a main job source for me as well as my partner xx

you say he is a design engineer but in what field?
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

you say he is a design engineer but in what field?
hi he is a Cad Draftsman at the moment he designs Tesco delivery vans! and he has done other things in engineering xx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:24 pm

http://education.qld.gov.au/apps/owa/school$centre.ActionQuery?p_text_input=5&p_match=S tarts+With&p_sort=Score&p_text=mackay&P_CTR_NM_UC= &P_OIC_NM=&P_ALL_STATE_SCHOOLS=Y&P_CTR_TYP_CD=&P_A SSOC_SRV_CATEGORY_CD=&P_DISTRICT_CODE=&P_REGION_CO DE=&P_BUSINESS_CENTRE=&P_STATE_ELCT_DIST_CD=&P_LCL _GVT_AREA_CD=&P_TOTAL_ENROLMENT=&U_TOTAL_ENROLMENT =&P_BAND_CD=&U_BAND_CD=&p_centre_code=&P_NSS_SEARC H=&Z_ACTION=Search&p_log=211002352

i hope that link works......I put in a search for schools in Mackay FFS quite a few...all with links to websites....just contact the schools and ask for a prespectus
Old Nov 21st 2005, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://education.qld.gov.au/apps/owa/school$centre.ActionQuery?p_text_input=5&p_match=S tarts+With&p_sort=Score&p_text=mackay&P_CTR_NM_UC= &P_OIC_NM=&P_ALL_STATE_SCHOOLS=Y&P_CTR_TYP_CD=&P_A SSOC_SRV_CATEGORY_CD=&P_DISTRICT_CODE=&P_REGION_CO DE=&P_BUSINESS_CENTRE=&P_STATE_ELCT_DIST_CD=&P_LCL _GVT_AREA_CD=&P_TOTAL_ENROLMENT=&U_TOTAL_ENROLMENT =&P_BAND_CD=&U_BAND_CD=&p_centre_code=&P_NSS_SEARC H=&Z_ACTION=Search&p_log=211002352

i hope that link works......I put in a search for schools in Mackay FFS quite a few...all with links to websites....just contact the schools and ask for a prespectus
thanks do you have children?if you have have they settled?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.