Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi All! We're here and loving it!!

Hi All! We're here and loving it!!

Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:32 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Hi All! We're here and loving it!!

[FONT=Verdana]
It's been a while since I posted but to those who still remember me "Hi".
We finally arrived in Oz on January 14th and feel like we've been here forever-so much has been going on! Two eldest children got into our first choice of school by the skin of their teeth (we had to wait til the Friday before school started to find out if the family who've left to work in England for a stint liked it and were going to stay, therefore leaving a place open for my son!) They settled in fine. Ian got a few job offers in within 10 days of arriving (relief or what!) and is now working in a role he enjoys and not a million miles off what he did in the UK. I intend to start work in the next couple of months once the kids are all settled (much rather spend all day on the beach but I suppose the 'holiday' has to end at some point!!! )

Slowly meeting people and making friends....miss friends in the UK and Tesco.com deliveries but otherwise Oz is everything we'd hoped for and more!!

Haven't had the time or the energy to post but I've tried to catch up on what others are doing.

Thanks to everone on here for keeping me sane-ish during the visa and house selling process

Phil xx
Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hi All! We're here and loving it!!

Originally Posted by philian4
[FONT=Verdana]
Slowly meeting people and making friends....miss friends in the UK and Tesco.com deliveries but otherwise Oz is everything we'd hoped for and more!!
Phil xx
With the profits they've just announced they should be able to afford to ship your stuff over
Glad you're enjoying yourself. Sounds fantastic
Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:48 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

philian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the roughphilian4 is a jewel in the rough
Talking Re: Hi All! We're here and loving it!!

Originally Posted by DianneH68
With the profits they've just announced they should be able to afford to ship your stuff over
Glad you're enjoying yourself. Sounds fantastic

Don't build my hopes up!!!!!!!

I feel like a lazy troll for missing the deliveries but ......
Old Apr 12th 2005, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

dont know you but well done in your new life
Old Apr 12th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Good luck, i hope the good life continues
Old Apr 12th 2005, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear its all going well for you.All the best and may it continue.
Dreamaway
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Phil

Glad to see alls well and everyone has settled well to.

Keep us posted

Sue
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

Hi Phil

So glad to hear you are enjoying life in OZ- we fly out 3 weeks today
( aaaahhh !!!) so hopefully will be enjoying life in Oz as much as you soon !!!

Nat
undefined
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:47 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

[FONT=Verdana]
miss friends in the UK and Tesco.com deliveries but otherwise Oz is everything we'd hoped for and more!!
For online grocery shopping and delivery, check out these websites to see if they deliver to your area. Also worth asking instore as some will do local deliveries but not necessarily on these sites for some strange reason.

www.coles.com.au

www.woolworths.com.au
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:49 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by kiwichild
For online grocery shopping and delivery, check out these websites to see if they deliver to your area. Also worth asking instore as some will do local deliveries but not necessarily on these sites for some strange reason.

www.coles.com.au

www.woolworths.com.au
Oh joy!!! Haven't checked the sites out but I will soon. Fingers crossed.

The area we're in is great, sun, sea,sand and Sydney just down the road so to moan about anything seems shocking but I can honestly say I miss nothing else-Chocolate there's no point missing it as I can no longer eat my body weight in the stuff as it tastes vile.....once I got through cold turkey I realised my body weight may actually reduce so not all bad!!

Wish to high heaven we hadn't shipped all the kids toys out as most of them ended up in th local Salvos.....they just don't need toys with so much to do here.

Glad we brought no furniture as most of ours was getting in need of replacing in the next few years and we got lovely stuff in the sales and in factory outlets/discount shops.

Thanks for all your good wishes.....I can remember vividly what it's like waiting to leave, hang on in there it is soooooo worth all the emotion and stress, it makes life here seem even better!!!
Old Apr 12th 2005, 9:53 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by kiwichild

www.coles.com.au

www.woolworths.com.au

YIPEEEEEE!! They deliver.........life can get no better!!!!!

......well unless anyone has the winning numbers for the lotto...?????
Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:07 pm
wombat42

YIPEEEEEE!! They deliver.........life can get no better!!!!!

......well unless anyone has the winning numbers for the lotto...?????
12,8,13,5,6,14,2,7, But don't tell anyone.

Old Apr 12th 2005, 10:17 pm
Phil is NOT a bloke!!!!

Originally Posted by wombat42
12,8,13,5,6,14,2,7, But don't tell anyone.
......shan't tell a soul!!!! LOL