Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi all..........newbie to the forum

Hi all..........newbie to the forum

Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all..........newbie to the forum

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Aaaah, so that's the trick!. It's easy to do so when you're on holiday and with an ADSL connection. So my aim will be to get atleast one star before returning

IG
Not sure how many posts = how many stars though Anyone?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:30 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it's too hot to go out, and am sick of the malls in Dubai already. Once I'm back in Bangalore, it will be a different story. The internet connection is a bit dodgy!
I am very proud of the two little boxes below my name!! How do you earn those nice little stars

IG
Hi Indiegirl

I'll swap places with you its bloody freezing here at the moment I've got up to see my other half off, hes gone to Ireland for the weekend and I dont know how to turn the heating on

Oh and welcome to the forum
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
Hi Indiegirl

I'll swap places with you its bloody freezing here at the moment I've got up to see my other half off, hes gone to Ireland for the weekend and I dont know how to turn the heating on

Oh and welcome to the forum
Hi Possoms,
Thanks! I can manage heat very well, thank you, but cold, now that is another story. If at all I have to work in Australia, it will be to keep myself warm
I found Melbourne freezing and this was in October - supposedly Spring! But then I wasn't exactly dressed in the right attire (I was imagining full sleeved cotton t-shirts would make me sweat!! I ended up wearing most of my clothes at the same time besides keeping the heater on all the time!

IG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:09 am

Hi Possoms,
Thanks! I can manage heat very well, thank you, but cold, now that is another story. If at all I have to work in Australia, it will be to keep myself warm
I found Melbourne freezing and this was in October - supposedly Spring! But then I wasn't exactly dressed in the right attire (I was imagining full sleeved cotton t-shirts would make me sweat!! I ended up wearing most of my clothes at the same time besides keeping the heater on all the time!

IG
LOL we are moving to Tasmania its a good job we are used to the cold!!

We will have to take long weekends up in Queensland to warm up
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

LOL we are moving to Tasmania its a good job we are used to the cold!!

We will have to take long weekends up in Queensland to warm up
Hiya Possoms,

Just had a terrific idea to stay warm - will send you some red hot 'authentic' indian receipes from my grandma. You'll probably need the aircon after eating that though

Anyone else want's to keep warm, my way, just let me know Forget ducted and doonas and what not.

IG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:00 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

We have our PR Visas and the validity expires in Aug of this year. Due to some unforseen circumstances we cannot go there now, but plan to apply again (skilled designated - 139) and hopefully be able to make the move within 2 years.
Be aware that the skilled designated area sponsored visa (as we know it) will be closed to new applicants in mid-2006 and replaced with a new temporary visa.

This won't affect those who have 110 points with sponsorship who will still be able to use the mainstream skilled sponsored visa (at least for now), but it's an indication that you should not waste time deciding what to do.

Jeremy
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:08 am

Hiya Possoms,

Just had a terrific idea to stay warm - will send you some red hot 'authentic' indian receipes from my grandma. You'll probably need the aircon after eating that though

Anyone else want's to keep warm, my way, just let me know Forget ducted and doonas and what not.

IG
Hi sounds great hey and you read my mind I was just thinking of getting a takeout curry tonight!

also melbourne only an hours flight from Tas so I can make it to your Indian Cuisine night
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
Be aware that the skilled designated area sponsored visa (as we know it) will be closed to new applicants in mid-2006 and replaced with a new temporary visa.

This won't affect those who have 110 points with sponsorship who will still be able to use the mainstream skilled sponsored visa (at least for now), but it's an indication that you should not waste time deciding what to do.

Jeremy

Thanks JAJ. Yes, we will be applying as soon as our current visa expires, and reapply in Aug this year.

IG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi sounds great hey and you read my mind I was just thinking of getting a takeout curry tonight!

also melbourne only an hours flight from Tas so I can make it to your Indian Cuisine night
You're most welcome. Meanwhile I am trying to persuade Pandya to learn cooking and invite everyone over !!

IG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:11 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Hey Indiegirl! Is there nothing to do in Dubai? You`re on this forum alot
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stormz
You're right. This forum is addictive . No, but it's mid afternoon here, everyone's at work and I've run out money to go to the mall for the millionth time. Besides that there is nothing else to do in Dubai. Glad I found this forum though

IG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Stormz
yeah isnt Dubai the shopping mecca of the world? get out there and find some bargains

aah posted at the same time, never mind I'm sure there were no bargains to be had anyway
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

You're right. This forum is addictive . No, but it's mid afternoon here, everyone's at work and I've run out money to go to the mall for the millionth time. Besides that there is nothing else to do in Dubai. Glad I found this forum though

IG

Besides I'm getting greedy now, want some more shiny stars to go with my lil blue boxes

IG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

aah posted at the same time, never mind I'm sure there were no bargains to be had anyway

Yes, I bought up all the nice stuff there was. .

IG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:08 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Yes, I bought up all the nice stuff there was. .

IG
You must be a Rupee millionaire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.