Reload this Page >

Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Wikiposts

Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Old Nov 5th 2003, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dazzac
Chrikey your keen - sold the house without recieving the Visa.

We first applied end of April - just before my 35th to ensure points were OK. We had to withdraw that application (Skilled Application) . Re-applied under sponsored (Aunty in Melbourne) end of August - meds were requested and sent last week. Supposedly time frame is 4-6 weeks for assurers bond to be requested . On reciept of that the grant letter will be sent . So should be with us early Jan.

Haven't made any formal plans. Will put the house up for sale in the new year I think , therafter things should fall into place I hope.

Do you think we should have the removers bookd well in advance then?
How old are you children?
Whats your main reason for going?
How namy turned up for the last meet?

Sort of fancy living on the coast but not really sure - guess we'll change our minds a lot once there.
Hi Darren & Lisa,

Sorry for the long delay in reply, I've only just come back on to the site. In answer to your questions ....

We have to sell the house for the bond money (100k), thats why we decided to sell early, also, we've decided we are moving regardless of the visa outcome, but we are confident we will get the visas. We applied in late February, so we hope to hear about the visas early next year.

The movers are booked because we were meant to exchange at the end of October, but our buyers solicitor has decided she needs lots of questions answered by the council, thus stalling the sale. We have now told our buyers that we are not prepared to move out till after Christmas which buys us more time in our house and less hassle. The shippers want approximately 3 - 4 weeks notice.

We have a son of 14, a daughter of 12 and a Cocker Spaniel!

We relocated to the UK 10 years ago from South Africa and are now heading to Oz to regain some of the lifestyle plusses that a Southern hemisphere country offers.

The Essex meet ups are quite well attended, normally between 10 to 20 families turn up, I think.