Hi

Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

dizzyblonde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide

Hi Dog,
We're heading out to Adelaide on the 7th May.I'm a Midwife and came over a couple of weeks ago to have a look around at houses and hospitals etc.
My 10 year old daughter came along too (left hubby & son behind!) and we both loved it !! I know it was only for a couple of weeks and like a holiday but we just felt comfortable there straight away.Had never been to Oz before .

Any tips on good,or not so good Hospitals?
I was offered 3 jobs in the space of a week !! so I don't think any Nurses or Midwives out there don't need to worry about employment.
We are looking at living in the Flagstaff Hill area....it appears very nice, any opinions would be greatfully accepted though!!

I'm new to this site too,so i hope i've posted this right!
Dizzy
Old Apr 8th 2003, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Yet another one of us desparate for your feedback on where to live

Great to hear u r enjoying it!
Old Apr 8th 2003, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

pott is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dog,

I am not going to Adelade. But it is nice to see a positive post.

Pott.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been a patient at Women's and Children's and have to say I thought it was a great hospital, don't know if it is the same being on staff.

I am originally from Adelaide, my family still lives there and let me tell you house prices are going up.

A few areas I do know to avoid are Elizabeth, Salisbury, Woodville and Kilkenny.
Old Apr 9th 2003, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

dog19363 is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey....this is a busy forum!!

Will try and get back to all, once I've figured out how to work this forum properly.
I assume that I might be able to type out a list...then attach to an e-mail for those that want it?
As I said, I wouldn't want to offend anyone by posting publicly.

Will give it a go, but bear with me )

Dog
Old Apr 9th 2003, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

ok,

e-mails done,
hope you find it useful

Dog
Old Apr 9th 2003, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Hi

Originally posted by Houdini
Hi Dog,
Glad to read such a positive post, although I think we need to hear any honest views about what we are letting ourselves in for!
We are planning to head for Brisbane but as I am also a nurse I would be grateful to hear what you feel are the main differences between working here and in Oz. What speciality are you in? I'm A&E. How does the pay compare relatively?
Any information gratefully received!
Lizzy
Hi Lizzy

Difficult for me to comment, cos all States are different, but on the whole, I haven't found too many difficulties slotting in.
I'm in mental health, and pay-wise...I do ok. I have a much bigger house than in the UK, pool, etc etc.

BUT....I still have a mortgage to pay, still have crap days (same poo- different country), pools are nice-but a pain in the rear to clean etc,etc

Dog
Old Apr 9th 2003, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Adelaide

Originally posted by dizzyblonde
Hi Dog,
We're heading out to Adelaide on the 7th May.I'm a Midwife and came over a couple of weeks ago to have a look around at houses and hospitals etc.
My 10 year old daughter came along too (left hubby & son behind!) and we both loved it !! I know it was only for a couple of weeks and like a holiday but we just felt comfortable there straight away.Had never been to Oz before .

Any tips on good,or not so good Hospitals?
I was offered 3 jobs in the space of a week !! so I don't think any Nurses or Midwives out there don't need to worry about employment.
We are looking at living in the Flagstaff Hill area....it appears very nice, any opinions would be greatfully accepted though!!

I'm new to this site too,so i hope i've posted this right!
Dizzy

Hi Dizzy

Flagstaff Hill...good spot, near Flinders Medical Centre, just down the road from me. We could probably wave to each other from our back yards )

Dog
Old Apr 9th 2003, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Interested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant futureInterested has a brilliant future

Adelaide reminds me of many a UK town !
Old Apr 9th 2003, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dog19363
ok,

e-mails done,
hope you find it useful

Dog
Thanks for the e-mail Dog. Bet you didn't expect such a big response:scared:

Keep the information coming, its really useful.

Regards

Sindy
Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
Hi Dog,

Good to see a post from someone who is enjoying life in Oz.

Makes a nice change from the negative posts from the "We are too brainy, sophisticated, rich and up ourselves " brigade.
Hear, hear

Couldn't someone who's gotten "The List" sort of "by accident" put it on the forum?

Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2003, 9:51 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi

Originally posted by dog19363
Hi Lizzy

Difficult for me to comment, cos all States are different, but on the whole, I haven't found too many difficulties slotting in.
I'm in mental health, and pay-wise...I do ok. I have a much bigger house than in the UK, pool, etc etc.

BUT....I still have a mortgage to pay, still have crap days (same poo- different country), pools are nice-but a pain in the rear to clean etc,etc

Dog
Thanks Dog!
Can't wait to have a pool to moan about cleaning!!!
Lizzy
Old Apr 9th 2003, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sashimi
Hear, hear

Couldn't someone who's gotten "The List" sort of "by accident" put it on the forum?

Thanks
mmm, hope not.... might put me off posting ever again

Dog
Old Apr 9th 2003, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

dizzyblonde is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dog,
Have just accepted a post at Flinders Private ,so hope I've done the right thing !
Nice to know that Flagstaff Hill seems to be a good area.We certainly liked it.
Any tips on schools? Have 2 children 6 & 10,so will be in primary.We had a look at Flagstaff Primary and were impressed,but are we missing anything??
Have you any info on the housing market?Rental seems to be really hard to find in that area.We also need some temporary accomodation until our belongings arrive.so any ideas about holiday lets etc would be a great help.
Sorry to bombard you with all this,but time suddenly seems to be going so fast and there's so much to do !!

Many thanks
Dizzy
Old Apr 10th 2003, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dizzyblonde
Thanks Dog,
Have just accepted a post at Flinders Private ,so hope I've done the right thing !
Nice to know that Flagstaff Hill seems to be a good area.We certainly liked it.
Any tips on schools? Have 2 children 6 & 10,so will be in primary.We had a look at Flagstaff Primary and were impressed,but are we missing anything??
Have you any info on the housing market?Rental seems to be really hard to find in that area.We also need some temporary accomodation until our belongings arrive.so any ideas about holiday lets etc would be a great help.
Sorry to bombard you with all this,but time suddenly seems to be going so fast and there's so much to do !!

Many thanks
Dizzy
Flinders Private....nice spot
Can't really help about Flagstaff Primary...although I haven't heard anything bad about it.
Rental.............dunno, we bought after about 2 months! We didn't want to move the kids around too much.
Are you using the meet and greet service? that offers trust housing for the first 3 months...we found it very useful

Dog