Hi

Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

dog19363 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi

Hi all,

Just joined the forum. Live in Adelaide, where we have been for the past five years. Me, wife and 2 kids took the plunge despite never visiting or even knowing anyone here (had another child shortly after arriving).
Best thing we ever did...our only regret is that we didn't do it sooner.
I work as a nurse, in one of the big hospitals here, live in a nice house, and love the lifestyle.

Happy to help people out with info if I can

Catch you later

Dog
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Dog,

Nice to see someone else on here thinks it was a worthwhile move.

Chris.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your words. It is good to know it worked out for you and the family.

footie chick
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

mmmm, initially it was scary, (only experience of Aus was Rex Hunt, The crocodile Hunter, and The bush Tucker man!)
However, things worked out fine for all of us.

Adelaide is a great place to live (but don't tell anyone!....lets keep it's "sad little country town" reputation going......keeps it from getting too crowded!)

Dog
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi

Originally posted by dog19363
Hi all,

Just joined the forum. Live in Adelaide, where we have been for the past five years. Me, wife and 2 kids took the plunge despite never visiting or even knowing anyone here (had another child shortly after arriving).
I work as a nurse, in one of the big hospitals here, live in a nice house, and love the lifestyle.

Catch you later

Dog
Hi dog,

We hope to be moving to Adelaide around Sept time this year. We are in a similar situation to the one you were in before emigrating, in that we have never visted Adelaide before either.

Any information you could give regarding Adelaide would be a big help. Issues we are keen to resolve are:

1 Are there any areas you would recommend we steer clear of?

2 Do you know if Happy Valley is a nice area?

3 Are the house prices there still increasing?

Thanks for now, although will probably pester you again later

Regards Sindy
Old Apr 8th 2003, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Sindy,

There are quite a few areas that I personally would steer clear of, but not wishing to offend any Adelaide residents, I won't name them here.....
In general, the suburbs in the far north and far south seem to have their share of problems...........

Happy Valley is not a bad spot, we live a couple of k's from there and have a few friends there

House prices increasing.........I think so, but it's a while since I've bought one. Prices are still way way way cheaper than anywhere else!

Dog

Originally posted by Sindy
Hi dog,

We hope to be moving to Adelaide around Sept time this year. We are in a similar situation to the one you were in before emigrating, in that we have never visted Adelaide before either.

Any information you could give regarding Adelaide would be a big help. Issues we are keen to resolve are:

1 Are there any areas you would recommend we steer clear of?

2 Do you know if Happy Valley is a nice area?

3 Are the house prices there still increasing?

Thanks for now, although will probably pester you again later

Regards Sindy
Old Apr 8th 2003, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info dog

Is there any chance you could send a PM with the list of places you think should be avoided?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Sindy
Old Apr 8th 2003, 1:37 pm
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Great to hear how things are going. Thanks for the info so far. Would also appreciate receiving a PM if possible of areas to avoid and areas that you like. We have our visa and our move is pending (waiting for house to sale).

Thanks, Dawn
Old Apr 8th 2003, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really niceMottie is just really nice

Hi ya

Wouldnt mind a list of areas to avoid as well if you could

Many Thanks

Mottie
Old Apr 8th 2003, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dog
could we have the list too please!!

we're hoping to apply for STNI to SA in the near future, so may be heading for Adelaide next spring if all goes to plan!

Thanks
Hazel
Old Apr 8th 2003, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dog,

Good to see a post from someone who is enjoying life in Oz.

Makes a nice change from the negative posts from the "We are too brainy, sophisticated, rich and up ourselves " brigade.
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:10 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

Catch you later

Dog
Hi Dog,
Glad to read such a positive post, although I think we need to hear any honest views about what we are letting ourselves in for!
We are planning to head for Brisbane but as I am also a nurse I would be grateful to hear what you feel are the main differences between working here and in Oz. What speciality are you in? I'm A&E. How does the pay compare relatively?
Any information gratefully received!
Lizzy
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Daffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Begging for the list too!

Hi Dog
could we have the list too please!!

We arrive in Adelaide on 12 June on STNI. We have no idea where we will be allocated for our 3 month rental accommodation and would like to be prepared if it should be a not so nice area. Not moaning though as we really appreciate the scheme, especially having someone meet us at the airport.

We are a family with three young sons.

Thanks.

Daffy
Old Apr 8th 2003, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dog, glad you joined us and there seem to be a lot now coming to Adelaide. We are coming at the end of June all being well and going to live Gawler/Barossa area.

Been 3 times and have friends there so we know it's the place for us.

Keep up the advice.
Mash...

Hi all,

Catch you later

Dog
Old Apr 8th 2003, 8:46 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi Sindy,

There are quite a few areas that I personally would steer clear of, but not wishing to offend any Adelaide residents, I won't name them here.....
In general, the suburbs in the far north and far south seem to have their share of problems...........

Happy Valley is not a bad spot, we live a couple of k's from there and have a few friends there

House prices increasing.........I think so, but it's a while since I've bought one. Prices are still way way way cheaper than anywhere else!

Dog
Hi Dog.

We too are coming to Adelaide and would also appreciate a list of not so good areas if you could manage it.

Glad you feel you have made the right move. Good luck for the future.

Sally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.