HGV Licence

Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default HGV Licence

Hi can anyone tell me if your HGV Licence is transferable to Oz along with the car and bike licence. I have class one and would like to transfer it if possible.
Thanks in anticipation of any replies.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: HGV Licence

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Hi can anyone tell me if your HGV Licence is transferable to Oz along with the car and bike licence. I have class one and would like to transfer it if possible.
We are in WA and hubbies licence was not transferrable. He had to sit a theory test which I class as pathetic. They gave him a list of 20 example questions and they asked him a number of them (word for word) so as long as you can memorise them you are OK. Not like the UK when you had to learn the whole highway code and didn't know what you were going to be asked (mind I did pass my test millions of years ago so it may be different now). He then took an assessment with a drving school and went straight for the assessment.

He had no worries with his HC licence (38 tonne) and the instructor even advised him to go straight for his MC but he bottled.

I think other states may be different so hopefully someone else will answer you as well.

Debs
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
We are in WA and hubbies licence was not transferrable. He had to sit a theory test which I class as pathetic. They gave him a list of 20 example questions and they asked him a number of them (word for word) so as long as you can memorise them you are OK. Not like the UK when you had to learn the whole highway code and didn't know what you were going to be asked (mind I did pass my test millions of years ago so it may be different now). He then took an assessment with a drving school and went straight for the assessment.

He had no worries with his HC licence (38 tonne) and the instructor even advised him to go straight for his MC but he bottled.

I think other states may be different so hopefully someone else will answer you as well.

Debs
Thanks for the information.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=woody1cruiser;4411675]We are in WA and hubbies licence was not transferrable. He had to sit a theory test which I class as pathetic. They gave him a list of 20 example questions and they asked him a number of them (word for word) so as long as you can memorise them you are OK. Not like the UK when you had to learn the whole highway code and didn't know what you were going to be asked (mind I did pass my test millions of years ago so it may be different now). He then took an assessment with a drving school and went straight for the assessment.

Hi Debs,i have a class 1 card,my girlfriend and i are hopefully relocating to Perth,ive been told truck drivers are needed,as well as a truck company {Giacci Brothers}are looking to sponsor.can you advise,we have our appointment with the consultant on Monday.
Regards Phil and Steph.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 8:44 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahampaula
My Class 1 wasn't transferable here in NSW...
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=2royalgreenjackets;4412402]
Originally Posted by woody1cruiser

Hi Debs,i have a class 1 card,my girlfriend and i are hopefully relocating to Perth,ive been told truck drivers are needed,as well as a truck company {Giacci Brothers}are looking to sponsor.can you advise,we have our appointment with the consultant on Monday.
Regards Phil and Steph.
Truck drivers are in demand down here but not sure about sponsorship. Husband walked straight into a job (nights) which suited us because of my job and the kids.

Try contacting Cranni as I am sure she has mentioned Giacci to me.

Debs
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Not transferable in Queensland either. You will need to take a practicle test
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:12 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

An email I recieved from QLD transport after asking the same question:

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

You would be required to pass a written and practical test when
transferring your UK heavy vehicle licence to Queensland. The fees are as
follows:

Practical test: $ 39.30. QLD Transport do not supply test vehicles. If you
do not have a vehicle to use for the test please contact a driving school
for prices to use their vehicle for the test. QLD Transport do not have
contact details for a driving school.
Written Test: $ 16.75

Should you require any further information, please contact Queensland
Transport on telephone 13 23 80 between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
(Local call charge in Australia. Higher rates apply from mobile phones and
payphones. For international callers, please phone +61 7 3834 2011).

Regards,

Lee

The information provided in this e-mail is true and correct at the time of
sending and is subject to change without notice.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:16 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
An email I recieved from QLD transport after asking the same question:
You going to use Ian Watsons when you get here? Few more I've spoken to are recommending them.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:41 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 232Bar
You going to use Ian Watsons when you get here? Few more I've spoken to are recommending them.
AM swaying that way Graeme! A recommendation goes a long way!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of

hi
Were in mackay QLD and i took my theory the other week they gave me a multiple choice question sheet an answer sheet and i had to complete all 9 questions. havnt driven for some years so thought i would go out with a guy i met as ive only ever driven scania's .I was told and im not sure how true is that 70% of lorries over here are crunch boxes and if you take your test in one with syncromesh then this will go on your licence as a restriction.Also you dont take your test with while pulling a trailer !!!whats that all about!
good luck
peter
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

This is the same in WA. If you pass your test in a 'crunch box' it means you can drive any but if a synch (I think that is what hubby called it) you can only drive the newer ones. It is the same as in England as with manual and auto boxes in a car. He was really worried and was going to go for the sync but would have had to had lessons in Perth as the local company doesn't have one down here. He went out one day in the 'crunch' one and decided to go for it.

As far as the trailer is concenred, I'm afraid I can't help as hubby has gone to work but I am sure he had a trailer on for his test.

Debs
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice

From what I have been told by a truckie who lives across the road from me it is not worth doing your test in a non synchro as all the big lorries are tending to be like the european trucks now.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough2royalgreenjackets will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=woody1cruiser;4414035]
Originally Posted by 2royalgreenjackets
Truck drivers are in demand down here but not sure about sponsorship. Husband walked straight into a job (nights) which suited us because of my job and the kids.

Try contacting Cranni as I am sure she has mentioned Giacci to me.

Debs
Many Thanx Debs.
Phil.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 7:42 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

The 'HC' test is done with a trailer and the 'MC' test is done with 2. You're right in that if you take your test in a truck with a synhromesh 'box you only get a 'Restricted' licence rather than an 'Open' one. Restricted means you can't drive the 'crash' type box which requires double clutching etc. The other poster is correct though - a lot of the standard combinations and road trains are now moving towards synchro (and even electronic "in Aus??, surely not!!" LOL) 'boxes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.