He's Loving it!

Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:23 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default He's Loving it!

Thought it was time for a quick update on what we are up to…..just in case you guys are interested.

We are now settling in Mt Gambier, having tossed our old plan to move up to Brissie, as both of us have managed to secure work here. Sus got a job working for an engineering company, as an office manager, and has been there a week. I have got a job as a lab chemist…..not geology I know, but its work ! Hav’nt started yet….so im not sure whats in store.

Mount G is a great town. Just the right size for us. It’s a regional centre 450ks from Adelaide and Melboune….has a bit of a country feel without being real outback. There are certain disadvantages….things can be more expensive than in the cities, and you have to travel more to get anywhere. In the same light…..if we bought a house in the Mount we would both have a 20 minute walk/5min drive to work! Not bad. We are actually staying in a beach shack a 25min drive away at the moment (as its rent free, and a 10m walk from the waters edge).

Bought a boat!! Woop woop!! Doing my boat exam tomorrow…..lets hope I get it!! Been fishing loads, at least every other day. Boy are we eating cheap and healthy at the moment!!!!!

Weather is great, if a touch chilly for summer. To be honest its fantastic that its not searingly hot. Most days are about 22/23 at the moment, occasionally it gets as high as 40. We seem to get 7/8 days of 20ish, then 3 days of 30+. I like it. Nights are normally a comfy 15ish.

Seen sh*t loadsof spiders!! Since we have been here we’ve had 7 or 8 white tails, 2 redbacks and a couple of big ass huntsmans in the shack. They all (not the hunstmen, I leave them be) make a really satisfying noise as the rattle up the pipe on the Dyson!

Well…..signing off for the mo….may be back on tomorrow. (2 days on the trot with web access…..blessed is a staying in a house with a phone!!!!!)

Cheers

Pete.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:43 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pete, great to hear you are having a ball down there. Disappointed that you wont be getting up to Brissy, but Im sure we will get to meet sometime.

Catch some fish for us .
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:43 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: He's Loving it!

Originally posted by PeteY
Thought it was time for a quick update on what we are up to…..just in case you guys are interested.

We are now settling in Mt Gambier, having tossed our old plan to move up to Brissie, as both of us have managed to secure work here. Sus got a job working for an engineering company, as an office manager, and has been there a week. I have got a job as a lab chemist…..not geology I know, but its work ! Hav’nt started yet….so im not sure whats in store.

Mount G is a great town. Just the right size for us. It’s a regional centre 450ks from Adelaide and Melboune….has a bit of a country feel without being real outback. There are certain disadvantages….things can be more expensive than in the cities, and you have to travel more to get anywhere. In the same light…..if we bought a house in the Mount we would both have a 20 minute walk/5min drive to work! Not bad. We are actually staying in a beach shack a 25min drive away at the moment (as its rent free, and a 10m walk from the waters edge).

Bought a boat!! Woop woop!! Doing my boat exam tomorrow…..lets hope I get it!! Been fishing loads, at least every other day. Boy are we eating cheap and healthy at the moment!!!!!

Weather is great, if a touch chilly for summer. To be honest its fantastic that its not searingly hot. Most days are about 22/23 at the moment, occasionally it gets as high as 40. We seem to get 7/8 days of 20ish, then 3 days of 30+. I like it. Nights are normally a comfy 15ish.

Seen sh*t loadsof spiders!! Since we have been here we’ve had 7 or 8 white tails, 2 redbacks and a couple of big ass huntsmans in the shack. They all (not the hunstmen, I leave them be) make a really satisfying noise as the rattle up the pipe on the Dyson!

Well…..signing off for the mo….may be back on tomorrow. (2 days on the trot with web access…..blessed is a staying in a house with a phone!!!!!)

Cheers

Pete.

Gday Pete,

Thanks for filling us in on your adventurous new life, really hope all goes well.
p.s can ya nip down the bottle shop n post me a bottle of Beam Black and 24 pack of Vb stubbies
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:44 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pete,

Its good to get an update from you. Congratulations on securing work so quickly, lets hope you enjoy it too.

It sounds as though you have found the lifestyle you have been looking for and with jobs too you mus be very happy.

I would love a few days of low 20's at the moment

Hope everything stays good for you.

Donna
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: He's Loving it!

Cheers

Pete.
Pete

Great to catch up on your news and good to see that things are falling into place workwise, boatwise etc. We were just wondering about you a few days ago because someone posted a story about a shortage of Cooper's due to problems at the brewery in Adelaide. I bet a lot of people will pick up only on the 'creepy crawlies' part of your post. Is Mount Gambier really equidistant between Melbourne and Adelaide? In my 'mental map' (interesting topic mental maps but for another thread) it was closer to Adelaide than Melbourne.

OzTennis
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:52 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by OzTennis
Pete

Great to catch up on your news and good to see that things are falling into place workwise, boatwise etc. We were just wondering about you a few days ago because someone posted a story about a shortage of Cooper's due to problems at the brewery in Adelaide. I bet a lot of people will pick up only on the 'creepy crawlies' part of your post. Is Mount Gambier really equidistant between Melbourne and Adelaide? In my 'mental map' (interesting topic mental maps but for another thread) it was closer to Adelaide than Melbourne.

OzTennis
The sign bang in the middle of town says 459ks Adelaide and 437 to Melb!! Coast road to melb is alot longer, about 550 i think (great ocean road etc).

Good to see there are still some of the old posters here I don't get much web time

We have been really lucky on the work front.....and for peoples info.....I have managed to find a job with the same hrs as at home for more money....so i am VERY happy....Susan on the other hand is now working 8 to 5, not 9 to 5 like back home, and for just over half of her uk salary. She int a happy puppy in that respect!! But hey....its work, and shes enjoying it so what the heck.

Timber......Vbs??? You've gotta be kidding mate. Coopers all the way
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

The sign bang in the middle of town says 459ks Adelaide and 437 to Melb!! Coast road to melb is alot longer, about 550 i think (great ocean road etc).

Good to see there are still some of the old posters here I don't get much web time

We have been really lucky on the work front.....and for peoples info.....I have managed to find a job with the same hrs as at home for more money....so i am VERY happy....Susan on the other hand is now working 8 to 5, not 9 to 5 like back home, and for just over half of her uk salary. She int a happy puppy in that respect!! But hey....its work, and shes enjoying it so what the heck.

Timber......Vbs??? You've gotta be kidding mate. Coopers all the way
Cheers Pete - as I said that mental map of mine was shrunken reality as far as Mt G to Adelaide goes. You were lucky with your job and as you say at least Sus has work. There are more important things in life though - good luck with the boat licence.

OzTennis
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased things are working out for you both- like Mrs D, I'm disappointed that you aren't making it to Brisbane yet, but hope to see you here sometime this year.

Good luck with the boat and the fishing......... and don't worry about not getting here - Mrs D is going to play at being Lord Lichfield instead!!!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:41 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Really pleased things are working out for you both- like Mrs D, I'm disappointed that you aren't making it to Brisbane yet, but hope to see you here sometime this year.

Good luck with the boat and the fishing......... and don't worry about not getting here - Mrs D is going to play at being Lord Lichfield instead!!!
Dunno about Lord Litchfield, LOL.

Hey Polly, just noticed your little by-line, something happen that you should tell us about? Or am I early?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:42 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Pete - thanks for the update. Good to know that all is well and congrats on the jobs. We spent a night in Mount Gambier...in a gaol that had been converted to a hostel. There was a very rowdy 18th birthday bash going on at the time which led to the unlikely sight of the police trying to break into the gaol to break up the party!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:44 am
WBB

great to hear from you pete, you have fallen on your feet, both working and living rent free!!!cant be bad.

keep us updated and good luck with the new job.

p.s - leave a few fish for the rest of us.

Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

About 50 minutes to go Mrs D! Bit like New Years Eve all over again, oh of course you missed that one - me, and a bottle of wine, and Expats, while the Bloke snores on the sofa!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:12 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
About 50 minutes to go Mrs D! Bit like New Years Eve all over again, oh of course you missed that one - me, and a bottle of wine, and Expats, while the Bloke snores on the sofa!
21 again polly ?

Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:14 pm
Rocket Scientist

I'll make sure we pack a celebratory drink on Saturday then .

Happy Birthday for 40 mins time, Im off to bed
Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLLYANNA

first one in your new life..may you have many more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.