Reload this Page >

Hervey Bay QLD has Australias most content people

Hervey Bay QLD has Australias most content people

Old Feb 13th 2006, 1:49 am
ABCDiamond

Default Hervey Bay QLD has Australias most content people

From the Courier Mail

MONEY can't buy happiness.
That's the message from research released yesterday showing Queenslanders in the federal electorate of Wide Bay have the nation's highest level of personal well-being despite also having one of the nation's lowest average household income levels.

Wide Bay in Queensland, comprises: Maryborough, Hervey Bay and Gympie.

Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:12 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hervey Bay QLD has Australias most content people

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
From the Courier Mail

That's the message from research released yesterday showing Queenslanders in the federal electorate of Wide Bay have the nation's highest level of personal well-being despite also having one of the nation's lowest average household income levels.

Crestaaaaaaaa, is that cos they are all either smoking weed or drinking homebrew?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

From the Courier Mail

I know of a very high powered executive, of NZ origin, that worked for Nestle, travelled and lived in lots of different countries, including Switzerland and France, for quite an extended period. Who when his travelling days where over. Didn't choose to go back to NZ to live, or Europe, or America for that matter. He chose Gympie to live in, It made me very curious about that area. Especially as he had no family or other ties there. I figured it had to be a very Educated choice.

So whats Gympie like ?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:41 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Crestaaaaaaaa, is that cos they are all either smoking weed or drinking homebrew?
Talking about people that live in certain areas, an area that comes in very close to Wide Bay, but covering some of Rural NSW is Lyne, including Taree, Port Macquarie and Kempsey. I'm sure we know someone there

Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:45 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I know of a very high powered executive, of NZ origin, that worked for Nestle, travelled and lived in lots of different countries, including Switzerland and France, for quite an extended period. Who when his travelling days where over. Didn't choose to go back to NZ to live, or Europe, or America for that matter. He chose Gympie to live in, It made me very curious about that area. Especially as he had no family or other ties there. I figured it had to be a very Educated choice.

So whats Gympie like ?
Here is one quote from the 2001 Census for the electorate area that includes Gympie:

On several measures from the 2001 census, the electorate is the poorest in the country

Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:46 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

It said people who live in OZ's cities were the unhappiest while those who lived in country area's particularly coastal areas where the hapiest . It said West Australians were the most unhappy people of any state.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Here is one quote from the 2001 Census for the electorate area that includes Gympie:

On several measures from the 2001 census, the electorate is the poorest in the country

Blimey, that was the last thing I expected !!!

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Feb 13th 2006 at 3:00 am.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We nearly got transferred there (hervey bay) , spent a good 3 days checking out the area and the project. I came rapidly to the conclusion that the areas main populaton group was elderly retired, which would explain the low income thing.

Its also an area thats got high unemployment adding further to low incomes.

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 13th 2006 at 3:12 am.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:22 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Poor old Gympie gets a rough trot from most people usually who dont live there. My other half is from Gympie and most of her family still live in the area so I get up to the place at least once a month (including this coming weekend) maybe more and its not as bad as the stories I heard. It may lack on the sophistication front but most of the people I have met up there are genuine and friendly. Its probably like 90% of the large towns/small cities in England most of the facilities you need but may lack high end products.

My only complaint with the place is as of yet I have not found 1 Indian restaurant so no curries if your in the Gump.

So whats Gympie like ?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:35 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Poor old Gympie gets a rough trot from most people usually who dont live there. My other half is from Gympie and most of her family still live in the area so I get up to the place at least once a month (including this coming weekend) maybe more and its not as bad as the stories I heard. It may lack on the sophistication front but most of the people I have met up there are genuine and friendly. Its probably like 90% of the large towns/small cities in England most of the facilities you need but may lack high end products.

My only complaint with the place is as of yet I have not found 1 Indian restaurant so no curries if your in the Gump.
Is it still widely referred to as "helltown" ?
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:40 am
ABCDiamond

But if he was financially well off when he got there, and wanted a relaxed life, it sounds like a nice situation.

Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:12 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Perhaps he settled in Gympie because there is a Nestle factory there, maybe that's why he first went there. The Gympie factory is is the largest coffee makers in Australia. They are one of customers.

I'm not going to comment on Gympie itself just in case I upset anyone who lives there , but I will say it's not a place I would personally like to live.

cheers
Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:39 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hic hic hang on while I have another toke and I'll get back to you
Ti's true though simple people simple tastes just fishing and chilling smoking a bit of weed and collecting dole cheques and pensions. Check out the unemployment figures for Wide Bay and you'll see why so many are happy as pigs in shit.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:42 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jad n rich
We nearly got transferred there (hervey bay) , spent a good 3 days checking out the area and the project. I came rapidly to the conclusion that the areas main populaton group was elderly retired, which would explain the low income thing.

Its also an area thats got high unemployment adding further to low incomes.

It's known as God's Waiting Room. Have some good mates there (60 - 70 yrs of age and lovin' it).
Old Feb 13th 2006, 6:21 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by cresta57
Hic hic hang on while I have another toke and I'll get back to you
Ti's true though simple people simple tastes just fishing and chilling smoking a bit of weed and collecting dole cheques and pensions. Check out the unemployment figures for Wide Bay and you'll see why so many are happy as pigs in shit.
How does this quote from RP Data agree with what you know of the area ?
The population of Gympie in 1996 was 10,803 people. By 2001 the population was 10,572 showing a population decline of 2% in the area during that time. The predominant age group in Gympie is 10 - 19 years.
Households in Gympie are primarily couples with children and are likely to be repaying between $400.00 - $600.00 per month on mortgage repayments. In general, people in Gympie work in a professional occupation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.