Hervey Bay

Old May 26th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of
Default Hervey Bay

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the Hervey Bay area is like? And which suberbs are the best to live in? Perferably ones without housing commision!!.
Also is there any watersports rental( jetskis, catamarans, windsurfers) there and what is that like.
We are looking to move to Oz soon and are looking between Brisbane and Airlie Beach. If you know any nice beachside places thats up and coming please let me know.

Thanks

Alex[/FONT]
Old May 26th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hervey Bay

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the Hervey Bay area is like? And which suberbs are the best to live in? Perferably ones without housing commision!!.
Also is there any watersports rental( jetskis, catamarans, windsurfers) there and what is that like.
We are looking to move to Oz soon and are looking between Brisbane and Airlie Beach. If you know any nice beachside places thats up and coming please let me know.

Thanks

Alex[/FONT]
Hi, we were in hervey bay in february 07, We travelled up the coast from Bris airport, intented to stay in hervey 2 days max, but was so nice stayed longer, carried on up to airlie beach, stayed 1 night and came back to hervey bay, enjoyed it so much we are in the process of applying with the intention of moving there. Hervey is a really lovely, plenty of shops great beaches really friendly people, airlie was very small not a lot there, seems all back packers, could go on about hervey all night, point vernon in hervey is nice. did not see any water sports, great club called the boathouse similar to social club but more up class, also 2nd club called RSL again excellent , food drink really good, free shuttle bus on the hour from both to and from the clubs, no drink drive worries. boat trips galore in airlie. available for more questions if you have any. m.
Old May 26th 2007, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

Hi
We moved to Hervey Bay 6 months ago, periodically I have been trying to organise a meetup!
Any way the whole Coast from Hervey Bay up to Bunderberg is under huge development, it is called the Fraser coast, it is the next Gold coast, sundhine coast thingy.
Hervey bay is still lovely at the moment, and we do enjoy the beach and the sea. We had a bit of a problem finding jobs first of all, so make sure you have enough money to keep you going as it can take quite some time.
We also find most of the people very friendly, lots of English and Victorians here, all escaping the cold. Good luck with your moves.
Kate
Old May 27th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
Hi,

Thanks

Alex[/FONT]
Hi We will be in Hervey Bay on the 15/06/2007.From what my sister tells me its a good place to live.We are looking to buy at Point Vernon.

Brad
Old May 27th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

katiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura aboutkatiesel has a spectacular aura about

Hi
Point vernon is nice, to be honest i do not think there is any bad or rough places to live in Hervey bay, I have not heard of any as yet. I think the majority of the population is retirees.
Kate
Old May 27th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by katiesel
Hi
Point vernon is nice, to be honest i do not think there is any bad or rough places to live in Hervey bay, I have not heard of any as yet. I think the majority of the population is retirees.
Kate
Hi Kate what part of Hervey Bay do you live in and what profession are you in. We hope to be there within 12 months, I'm a painter and decorator do you think i will have any problems getting work locally.
Sitting here now watching the rain, it hasn't stopped all day.
Where in the UK did you come from and did you leave all your family behind
Last question, have you made many friends.

Isle
Old May 27th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Isle
We came form Essex, I miss my friends and family dreadfully, but that is only to be expected. We have made some friends, but it takes time to make real friendships. But every one is friendly here.
As a painter and decorator i should think you should be able to get work easy enough as there is tons of building going on every where. We live in Dundowran, which is nice, about 15 mins drive from town, so we seem to spend all our time driving to and from town for something! It has actually been raining a bit here this weekend. Which is unusual, as the drought here is dreadful, we went to the Maryborough county show and they had very few entries for cows, sheep, produce ect... as most farmers have had to let everything die as there is no water at all in land. But you still see some idiots washing there boats and cars and drives etc....But every one is hopeful the drought will break soon. Have you got your visa yet, how old are you? do you have family here?
Kate
Old May 27th 2007, 8:39 pm
waiting for the sun

ozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant future

hi there me the wife and two kids are looking at this region and have come across burrum heads could any one let us know what its like we have our visas and are looking to come in sept this year
ps i know were all strangers but any chance of a meet an greet or info on accommodation any help would be fantastic
Old May 27th 2007, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

hi
Burrem Heads is lovely, very tiny, one pub, one shop, holiday place. If you dont have to work it would be a lovely place to live, but i dought there is much work there Although it is probably commuting distance to Hervey bay or Bunderberg. There is plenty of Holiday accomodation and rental accomodation in Hervey Bay area, not sure about burrem heads, have you tried realestate.com.au? We can meet up with you when you get here, no worries.
Kate
Old May 28th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Hello there.

We have been in the bay now just over two weeks and are really enjoying exploring the area.

Always available for coffee/tea at Enzo`s!!!!!

Angela
Old May 28th 2007, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
what part of hervey bay did you move to and where did you move from.
could ask 101 questions, but I could appear nosey.
Did you apply as cook by any chance.
Isle
Old May 28th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Morning,

we are renting in Torquay at the moment, but have just had an offer on a house accepted in Scarness.

We came up from Adeliade where we were for 13 months.

Originally from Gosport UK on the south coast.

Ask your 100 questions, dont mind!!!

Angela
Old Jun 29th 2007, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

chillysix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

New to forum, and wondered if anyone could give me an idea what Hervey Bay area is like?

Weather- is it much more humid than say, the sunshine coast and Brisbane?

Population- is there a busy community?

Drought- how much of a problem is 'the big dry' for this region?

Would be grateful for any thoughts/ideas/help!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Welcome tothe site.
Hervey bay has a population of about 50,000 and growing very rapidly, as It is destined to be the next sunshine coast.
It is hotter and more humid as it is further north, but at the moment it is bloody freezing and has been for a few weeks and apparently it will remain cold for a while longer . They never tell you about the cold!
The drought is every where, but not as bad here as in other places.
all the best kate
Old Jun 30th 2007, 9:55 pm
waiting for the sun

ozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant futureozziebods has a brilliant future

Hi there we also hoping to settle in Hervey Bay. We have been before but it is over 5 years ago now so it has probably changed. We also remember buying fleece jumpers and jeans whilst in Brisbane as we were freezing. I suppose this is a bit of a typical woman question but I have been wondering what kind of clothing to bring. Do I really need to bring things like long boots like we where here in the uk. I have to say if I leave them all behind my sister will be delighted. Also things like duvets, we have a 13 tog for winter but is it just going to be stored when we get there. Also another question, we are shipping all our household goods but have been wondering if it is worthwhile shipping our wardrobes as all the shipping agencies say that you have fitted out there. It will be sods law if we don't bring them we will need them, any thoughts.

Looking forward to living in Hervey Bay, hope we won't be disappointed.

We arrive in Brisbane 30th August and Hervey Bay 14th September.

Thanks
Miranda

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.