Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hertford Meeting - October?

Hertford Meeting - October?

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:24 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hertford Meeting - October 17th

Summer's just about over on this side of the world, and if there's enough interest and people who don't want to do the washing-up one Sunday, I'll arrange another meeting.

October 17th or 24th??

If you're interested, please let me know if you (& yours) can make one or both dates.

Last edited by arnie2oz; Oct 8th 2004 at 3:34 pm. Reason: date now fixed for 17th October
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

sue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the roughsue and mick is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Hertford Meeting - October?

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
Summer's just about over on this side of the world, and if there's enough interest and people who don't want to do the washing-up one Sunday, I'll arrange another meeting.

October 17th or 24th??

If you're interested, please let me know if you (& yours) can make one or both dates.

Hi graham

17th october would be great

just the 2 of us this time no small person too stressful

see you soon

sue and mick
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

October 17th or 24th??

Hi Graham

Me & Hubby (Danny) would love to come, we can make either date. Not sure about the kiddies, could i let you know about them in a few weeks.

Thanks Graham, look forward to seeing everyone again

Bye
Paula
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Graham

Kevan is working both those sundays. If you go ahead with either one, he can try and get the day swapped with someone else. If not it would be me and girls.

Thanks for the karma Got told by a friends daughter that for an oldie I didn't have too many wrinkles - don't you just love 'em
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:48 am
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

October 17th or 24th??

Hie Graham,

Just thought would let you know that we arrived in Brisbane around 3 weeks ago now, have settled in well and look forward to meeting up again when you get over, we have finally seen a nice house we like at Woody Point which is around 25 mins from the city, the weather is lovely, the people are friendly and we are loving it, not all been easy our new car broke down after 10 days which we paid $15k for so we have had the rough with the smooth but all in all its " No Drama's or No Worries or Too Easy or as the lovely lady said when i signed over to Vodafone AU, this is Awesome!!!! Love to Nicki and see you soon, hows your application going, send me a PM when you get a chance and have a great meet up everybody.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Hertford Meeting - October?

October 17th or 24th??

Would you believe it Graham ?!? It's the October week up here then ! Schools on holiday from Fri 15th until Mon 25th , so might just have to come down and gate crash the party !!

That is , of course , if we're not flying to Oz the week after !! LOL - miracles happen !

Tass. x
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:50 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tass
Schools on holiday from Fri 15th until Mon 25th , so might just have to come down and gate crash the party !!

That is , of course , if we're not flying to Oz the week after !! LOL - miracles happen !

Tass. x
It would be great to see you - you could stay at our place no problem - visit London, Cambridge & generally have a good time!

Just sort out your shifts!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

hi graham and nikki

We can't make the 17th as we are in Ireland saying our last goodbyes to old friends. the 24th is better but we have Johns brothers kids with us as they are off to vegas for a week and we did the good samaritan thing and said we would have them.

We can bring them as they will sit and behave so if you decide on the 24th we will see you then.

love sally and John

Ps have you sold the house yet
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Nessa will become famous soon enoughNessa will become famous soon enough

Hi Graham & Nikki,

We'd love to come 17th or 24th is fine, hubby Mick, me and Danielle. So excited that Paula & Danny have their visa today - shouldn't be too long until ours arrives. I hope not anyway, we complete on the house mid October!

How is everything going with you?

Thanks for organising again,
Nessa
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

weenie is an unknown quantity at this point

October 17th or 24th??

Hi i am in Herts, whats the meeting about? Cheers, ween
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Andy scaff is an unknown quantity at this point

October 17th or 24th??

Hiya!
Only guessing, but is this just a general get-together for prospective/expat aussies? If so, would love to do it, swap some stories, compare notes, maybe even get some hints on how to work this goddam laptop! Love this web- site, (is that the right term?), but I spend more time tryna figure out what to do next than reading stuff!
Old Sep 26th 2004, 6:25 pm
Keeping Busy

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the replies; I'll be organising it all this week.

Andy's right weenie, it's just a get together for those who can make it from this website so they can share experiences, realise that they're not alone with specific issues, and put faces to names - as well as meet up with people who you will bump into on the other side!

I'll sort out the place, date and time and then I'll need clearer numbers so we can all get a seat and enjoy Sunday lunch, as I said before, without having to wash up!

Thanks for your update Leanda - great to know you, John & the kids are doing well. I'll be in touch this week.

Last edited by arnie2oz; Sep 26th 2004 at 7:36 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 4:11 pm
Keeping Busy

Hi again Everyone,

Thanks for the replies and PM's.

Democracy rules here so the Sunday Lunch in October will be on the 17th.

Same time; 12 -12.30
Same place:

The Cowpers Arms, Cole Green, Hertford
Tel: 01707 330202

West from Hertford along the 414 about 3 miles; 1st exit at the Welwyn Roundabout, past the garden centre on left; road curves left, then 1st right, right again and the pub is on the left about 200metres (I've finally gone metric)

Look forward to seeing (almost) all of you there and some new faces hopefully. Sorry John & Sally you're the only ones who can't make the date I think.... Still, enjoy Ireland and hopefully we'll meet up again before Christmas.

Please could everyone confirm numbers as soon as possible so that enough tables can be reserved.Cheers!
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Graham

We will hopefully be four but if Kevan can't get the leave, it will be three.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 5:19 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Well done Graham

We will hopefully be four but if Kevan can't get the leave, it will be three.

Heather and Abs are assuming the other kids will be there, but I have told them about assumptions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.