Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hertford Meet 28th March

Hertford Meet 28th March

Old Mar 9th 2004, 1:52 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hertford Meet 28th March

*********************UPDATE*******************
I'm editing this today (HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LADIES!) with an update for any others who would like to meet up with the 15 already confirmed. Those booked in are:-

Sally, Roy, Laura Thomas
Sally, John, Hayley
Ginni, Martin & 2 year old
Mike, Vanessa, Danielle
Nikki, Graham

Please let me know if I've missed anybody or if you would like to join us. We shall meet at 12.30 and can order food at 1pm. A table is reserved but I need to know by Wednesday at noon if more seats are required.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

A2O

Hi Everyone

Following an enthusiastic response I suggest that those interested in meeting others in the area meet at:-

The Cowper Arms
Cole Green House
Cole Green
Hertford SG14 2NN
Tel: 01707 330202 (if you get lost!)

on Sunday 28th March at 12 Noon - which is when they start to serve Sunday Lunch.

This pub is about 2 1/2 miles west of Hertford town, and a map is attached (I hope - if not go to upmystreet.com and put in the postal code.

It would be great if anyone coming could let me know how many of you will be there so I can reserve tables & chairs.

I've not eaten here but the menu looks good and the layout of the place should suit us. They will reserve places if the party exceeds 10.

Looking forward to seeing a crowd there - or having a quiet sunday lunch with nikkers - as long as she buys the drinks.

A2O

Attached Images
File Type: bmp
the cowper arms.bmp (201.2 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by arnie2oz; Mar 21st 2004 at 7:26 am.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 2:00 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Just noticed that the map doesn't show location of pub!

It is off the roundabout along The Old Coach Road; then right along Station Road, and the pub is on the left just before the bridge over the road.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 6:55 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough
Default Hertford meet

Thought I'd just bump this.

Nikki
Old Mar 10th 2004, 6:52 am
Keeping Busy

Default bump

sorry but I have to bump this one;
obviously everyone spent many hours last night reading Guinevere's post crying with laughter and not responding to this thread!

Shall we all meet?
Old Mar 10th 2004, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

the ovenaters will be there

There will be 3 of us John Sally and Hayley, we would like to book for sunday lunch if there is enough people to book.

thanks for organising it

from sally
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:30 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road

Hi! Count us in. There will be 4 of us. Sally, Roy, Laura and Thomas.

Thanks for organising this. See you then.

Sally
Old Mar 11th 2004, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there all,i am really dissapointed to say that i would not be able to make that date as husband and son is going to the arsenal game.
Is there any chance of changing the date as i would really like to meet you all ,how about the saturday or the next weekend.
I understand fully if this is not conveiniant for everyone,and will hopefully have chance at meeting you all on another meet many thanks, look forward to your reply. allison delboys wife
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:57 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by delboy
hi there all,i am really dissapointed to say that i would not be able to make that date as husband and son is going to the arsenal game.
Is there any chance of changing the date as i would really like to meet you all ,how about the saturday or the next weekend.
I understand fully if this is not conveiniant for everyone,and will hopefully have chance at meeting you all on another meet many thanks, look forward to your reply. allison delboys wife
Couldn't think of a better excuse. Obviously the wenger boys come before anything else.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

bumping for anymore peps to come
Old Mar 12th 2004, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

ginni is an unknown quantity at this point

Count us in. At present 2 adults plus one 2 year old - there may be more!!!!!!!
Thanks for organising - much appreciated.

Ginni
Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by delboy

you could still go whilst the boys are at the arsenal game.......i know i would
Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

bumping again
Old Mar 13th 2004, 7:01 am
Keeping Busy

Thanks for the bumps ovenater!

I've booked a table for us now - and the pub also has another large group booked in for that Sunday so have asked that we order food from 1pm! I suggest that we turn up around 12.30, have a drink at the table and chat before we order.

I'll bump this during the week before and look forward to seeing you all there.
Old Mar 14th 2004, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Nessa will become famous soon enoughNessa will become famous soon enough
Default Herts Meet 28th March

Hi
We are hoping to reach Melbourne by Christmas, would love to meet. 3 of us in all, Mick, Vanessa & Danielle (age 9).

Thanks for organising - hope there's enough room !

Nessa
Old Mar 21st 2004, 7:27 am
Keeping Busy

*********************UPDATE*******************
Here's an update for any others who would like to meet up with the 15 already confirmed. Those booked in are:-

Sally, Roy, Laura Thomas
Sally, John, Hayley
Ginni, Martin & 2 year old
Mike, Vanessa, Danielle
Nikki, Graham

Please let me know if I've missed anybody or if you would like to join us. We shall meet at 12.30 and can order food at 1pm. A table is reserved but I need to know by Wednesday at noon if more seats are required.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

A2O

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.