Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hertford Christmas Lunch Meeting

Hertford Christmas Lunch Meeting

Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:45 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hertford Christmas Lunch Meeting

An early note to let anyone interested know that a table has been booked for anyone in the area to meet and enjoy Sunday Lunch without the washing up bit!

Sunday Lunch:12th December

Same time: 12 -12.30
Same place:
The Cowpers Arms, Cole Green, Hertford
Tel: 01707 330202

West from Hertford along the 414 about 3 miles; 1st exit at the Welwyn Roundabout, past the garden centre on left; road curves left, then 1st right, right again and the pub is on the left about 200metres.

The Pub Chef will need to know numbers at least 2 weeks before - so if you're interested please put the date in your diary now and let me know if you want the 'Festive Meal' at £14.99 each (see below) or the standard menu food.

Festive Menu:
Starters
garlic breaded mushrooms
soup of the day
prawn cocktail
pork & bacon pate
Main Courses
(all served with roast & new potatoes and seasonal vegetables)
chicken with chasseur or creamy stilton sauce
roast beef
festive turkey, stuffing, sausage in bacon
salmon fillet topped with melted garlic butter
vegetarian dish of the day
Puddings
christmas pudding with brandy sauce
profiteroles with choc sauce & cream
caramel apple betty with cream or vanilla flavoured ice cream
Coffee or Tea
And Mince Pie

I'll bump this mid-November for final orders but an indication now would be useful.

Cheers -and if it's not too early- ' Merry Christmas ' !!!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 9:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hertford Christmas Lunch Meeting

Graham
As you say, better than expected.

Will ask the brood and get back to you.

Thanks
Penny
Old Nov 5th 2004, 8:45 am
Just Joined

c.harbinson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arnie2oz
An early note to let anyone interested know that a table has been booked for anyone in the area to meet and enjoy Sunday Lunch without the washing up bit!

Sunday Lunch:12th December

Same time: 12 -12.30
Same place:
The Cowpers Arms, Cole Green, Hertford
Tel: 01707 330202

West from Hertford along the 414 about 3 miles; 1st exit at the Welwyn Roundabout, past the garden centre on left; road curves left, then 1st right, right again and the pub is on the left about 200metres.

The Pub Chef will need to know numbers at least 2 weeks before - so if you're interested please put the date in your diary now and let me know if you want the 'Festive Meal' at £14.99 each (see below) or the standard menu food.

Festive Menu:
Starters
garlic breaded mushrooms
soup of the day
prawn cocktail
pork & bacon pate
Main Courses
(all served with roast & new potatoes and seasonal vegetables)
chicken with chasseur or creamy stilton sauce
roast beef
festive turkey, stuffing, sausage in bacon
salmon fillet topped with melted garlic butter
vegetarian dish of the day
Puddings
christmas pudding with brandy sauce
profiteroles with choc sauce & cream
caramel apple betty with cream or vanilla flavoured ice cream
Coffee or Tea
And Mince Pie

I'll bump this mid-November for final orders but an indication now would be useful.

Cheers -and if it's not too early- ' Merry Christmas ' !!!
Could you alos include me on this if it is possible

Carl
Old Nov 5th 2004, 10:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Graham, we do wish we could be there with you at xmas - no, no, really, we do!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hey Graham, we do wish we could be there with you at xmas - no, no, really, we do!

You mean you're not! WHY??
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:34 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Right!!!!

Then how will you organise the welcome fireworks and street parties for our arrival in Brisbane?????

See you on 31st December!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:36 pm
Keeping Busy

Originally Posted by c.harbinson
Could you alos include me on this if it is possible

Carl
No problem Carl.

I will bump this thread in about 10 days, but meanwhile perhaps you can let me know if you want the festive menu and how many of 'you' will be coming.

Cheers
Look forward to meeting you on the day
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:41 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Pen, cos y is a crooked letter & you cant straighten it?

Arnie, pffft street party & fireworks, easy peasy, Im superwoman, dont you know?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:46 pm
Keeping Busy

Pen, cos y is a crooked letter & you cant straighten it?

Arnie, pffft street party & fireworks, easy peasy, Im superwoman, dont you know?
OK Superwoman, I've put you down for 2 festive menu's!!!

See you & Mr D there!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 12:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

OK Superwoman, I've put you down for 2 festive menu's!!!

See you & Mr D there!
LOL!! You'll keep .
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Nothing to do with anything but AHC have just "stolen" £510 out of our bank account - aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Does that mean it's too late to change my mind
Old Nov 5th 2004, 9:03 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nothing to do with anything but AHC have just "stolen" £510 out of our bank account - aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Does that mean it's too late to change my mind
YES! Far far too late now, you should have thought about it before you slept with him the first time (thats what I call forward planning!) .
Old Nov 8th 2004, 8:53 am
Just Joined

No problem Carl.

I will bump this thread in about 10 days, but meanwhile perhaps you can let me know if you want the festive menu and how many of 'you' will be coming.

Cheers
Look forward to meeting you on the day
Yes I would like to enjoy the festive menu and there will be 2 Adults eating

Carl
Old Nov 8th 2004, 9:12 am
Keeping Busy

Just a quick summary of who I have down as coming so far:-

Carl 2 Festive Meals
Sally & John & Hayley 3 Festive Meals (1 Veggie Option)
Erica 2 Festive Meals
Penny 2 Festive Meals
Sue & Mick 2 Festive Meals?
Graham & Nikki 2 Festive Meals

Any more at this stage? Have I got it right? Any other children coming or does poor Hayley have to talk to me?!!
I'll update in 10 days and then book final numbers.

See you all on the 12th
Old Nov 8th 2004, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Just a quick summary of who I have down as coming so far:-

Carl 2 Festive Meals
Sally & John & Hayley 3 Festive Meals (1 Veggie Option)
Erica 2 Festive Meals
Penny 2 Festive Meals
Sue & Mick 2 Festive Meals?
Graham & Nikki 2 Festive Meals

Any more at this stage? Have I got it right? Any other children coming or does poor Hayley have to talk to me?!!
I'll update in 10 days and then book final numbers.

See you all on the 12th
I have 2 children attending - 1 who is 5 years old and the other is 1.5 years old

Carl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.