Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

Old Nov 9th 2010, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by neila72
When thinking about where to live in Perth I have jotted down my must haves. I would appreciate everyones recommendations. I'm visiting Perth in a couple of weeks and want to visit areas that fit my criteria. My preferences are:

1. Has to be Quiet and not overly populated.
2. Professional area ideal for people with no kids.
3. Either close to the beach, or semi-rural towards the hills.
4. Semi-rural and choice of property with plenty of privacy.
5. Good transport links into CBD.
6. Established area but with modern living (not old dated properties).

I really hope you can offer some advice that I can use on my reccie. Thanks.
I'd be looking for a farm (if indeed farmers are professionals) with it's own helipad.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:30 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by verystormy
Actually it pretty much describes where i live. I live in an area south of Mandurah called Dawesville, but in particular known as Southport. The area is next to Pyramids beach, which is one of the best kept secrets in WA - has a great surf club, safe for swimming, but produces competition level surf in one part. But very quiet. The area is VERY quiet and is made up of a mix of proffessionals and VERY high end second homes (i cant imagine the salary people must earn to have them). The area is srrounded by the Cut Golf club, so the houses are basically on a golf course. It has a rural feel about the area with lots of kangeroos and things. However it isnt cheap. There are some new appartments that have been built there called Oceanique. The smallest start as 3/4 million. Google it and have a look.

We are about 10 mins south of Mandurah, we as a town we love, and then 50 mins by train from Perth.
It's funny, when I was reading the original spec the poster wanted, Dawesville/ Port Bouvard/ The Islands came to mind! Just totally falls down in that it is so far from Perth (compared to what she wants).
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:46 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

When thinking about where to live in Perth I have jotted down my must haves. I would appreciate everyones recommendations. I'm visiting Perth in a couple of weeks and want to visit areas that fit my criteria. My preferences are:

1. Has to be Quiet and not overly populated.almost everywhere quiet in perth
2. Professional area ideal for people with no kids almost everyone has kids here - doesn't exsist u will all so pay a fortune.
3. Either close to the beach, or semi-rural towards the hillsagain you will need to be rich.
4. Semi-rural and choice of property with plenty of privacy.
5. Good transport links into CBDwont be able to get good transport close to beach or in hills very few and far between.
6. Established area but with modern living (not old dated properties)this does not exsist places are either old suburbs or brand new, lego land suburbs.

I really hope you can offer some advice that I can use on my reccie. Thanks.
Good luck
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kar-kier
It's funny, when I was reading the original spec the poster wanted, Dawesville/ Port Bouvard/ The Islands came to mind! Just totally falls down in that it is so far from Perth (compared to what she wants).
As i posted earlier, i would say Dawesville and it is only an hour to Perth - i used to work on St Georges Tce and did the commute every day.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

2. Professional area ideal for people with no kids.
What's a 'Professional area'?
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It is a ropey term. But generally used to mean the residents are going to be educated to degree level or above and work in areas such as accountants, teachers, doctors......
Old Nov 9th 2010, 4:21 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It is a ropey term. But generally used to mean the residents are going to be educated to degree level or above and work in areas such as accountants, teachers, doctors......
Fair enough. Do areas like that really exist? If so, they sound really f**king boring.

I was going to suggest Kalamunda but we have a few bogans up here so I don't think the OP would like it.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep, lots of them and i live in one. I wouldnt describe it as boring, just quiet. Which i like. It means there is so an issue with parties getting out of hand or lots of hoons. In lots of areas on a saturday night you here hoons racing or loud music blaring. All i can here is the ocean and thats the way i like it.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Can any of these 'proffesional' people spell properly?

(sorry )
You do mean 'professional' don't you?

BTW, I'm not
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:08 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You do mean 'professional' don't you?

BTW, I'm not
er...I think that was the intended joke!
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
er...I think that was the intended joke!
Joke about spelling?

Not allowed, sorry
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for clearing that up... I was thinking one of those industrial estate properties where you are given a pricelist for extras would meet the spec... no kids, professionals, semi rural... etc etc etc...
Old Nov 10th 2010, 3:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Where I'm from it's the area where the "professionals" hang out. AKA the red light district.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

I was going to suggest Kalamunda but we have a few bogans up here so I don't think the OP would like it.
I'm in Kalamunda and there's not that many bogans; unless you're including all the senior citizens in that category as well!
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Are those people not likely to have children?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.