British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Here I come, whinging again........ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/here-i-come-whinging-again-287679/)

Pollyana Mar 3rd 2005 10:50 am

Here I come, whinging again........

.....actually, no, maybe I won't this time! I know some people think a lot of my posts are whinging and negative, while others view them as realistic.
Well, heres a positive statement for you all........I love Australia! (well, this week, anyway)

We got off the plane in Melbourne yesterday and the weather was - and still is - fabulous! Its warm, but not Brisbane-type warm. The Bloke is finding it a little chilly, I'm just finding it British! Nice chilly morning, lovely slow sunrise, slow sunset tonight - it was still light at 8.30 (just) - and when put together with the beautiful scenery in this bit of Victoria.......well, I always knew I was lucky to be here, guess I just needed reminding. :)
Good company, good beer, good scenery, feeling really content. Long may it last. And thanks to Hevs and HUP and the children, for their hospitality and friendliness, which has cheered me up immensely :)

(and not a power cut in sight still......arghhhhh, some woman has just turned the lights out to wind me up!!!!)

Brissiegirl Mar 3rd 2005 10:54 am

Re: Here I come, whinging again........

glad you're having a good time Polly.. sounds fab.. enjoy! :) :beer:

artep Mar 3rd 2005 10:59 am

Enjoy your stay Polly......oh and if you see that famous red car driver.....poke him in the eye so he can't see to drive wiil ya? :D

Petra

Bordy Mar 3rd 2005 11:16 am

Sounds good Polly but where did you find the good company???? ;)

hevs Mar 3rd 2005 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
Sounds good Polly but where did you find the good company???? ;)

Same place as you frequent :p

Petra, i'm gonna see if i can bribe her to knife the crouts tyres :D

FITCHETT FAMILY Mar 3rd 2005 11:29 am

Originally Posted by hevs

Hi Polly ,
I HATE YOU !!!!! LOL.
Only joking, glad your having a good time, wish we were there now, still waiting for that bloody envelope.
:) :beer:

markeh Mar 3rd 2005 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
.....actually, no, maybe I won't this time! I know some people think a lot of my posts are whinging and negative, while others view them as realistic.
Well, heres a positive statement for you all........I love Australia! (well, this week, anyway)

We got off the plane in Melbourne yesterday and the weather was - and still is - fabulous! Its warm, but not Brisbane-type warm. The Bloke is finding it a little chilly, I'm just finding it British! Nice chilly morning, lovely slow sunrise, slow sunset tonight - it was still light at 8.30 (just) - and when put together with the beautiful scenery in this bit of Victoria.......well, I always knew I was lucky to be here, guess I just needed reminding. :)
Good company, good beer, good scenery, feeling really content. Long may it last. And thanks to Hevs and HUP and the children, for their hospitality and friendliness, which has cheered me up immensely :)

(and not a power cut in sight still......arghhhhh, some woman has just turned the lights out to wind me up!!!!)

Hiya Polly,

it's the good times that make it all worth while. :)

Bye
Mark

Bordy Mar 3rd 2005 12:10 pm

I might just frequent you on Monday night for an hour. ;)

ps, Will Matt be in this time. :D

moneypenny20 Mar 3rd 2005 1:28 pm

The bloke is never happy is he :D - if he's got the air con on 24/7 how can he find Melbourne in March chilly - silly sod :p

Don't drink tooooooo much, enjoy the racing and an added beg to the others - perleeease put the witchy evil eye on the german chin.

gajjitt Mar 3rd 2005 1:38 pm

Cool!! I'm so happy (jealous) for you. Glad that you are happy in Melbourne, good that you found good company too. I love beer and hot weather, I esp. like Victoria Bitter :beer:.

Wish it was us.... Hopefully someone will buy our flat, and we will be in Perth by May, yeah!!

Have fun and take care

Paul

Sandra Mar 3rd 2005 3:57 pm

Apart from being Jealous

I have changed jobs and have restricted access to internet so being on this time in the morning is on my own cost :scared:

anyway reason for this post.............my better! half states Melbourne is always cold (shiver) and only mad eejits live there.

Have an excellent time and enjoy the GP ....along with staying with the mad melbourne lot!

Cheers Sandra

Merlot Mar 3rd 2005 6:34 pm

So Pol, Melbourne is the place to move back too :D

Wonderful to hear your spirits being lifted!

M :D :D

NJJ Mar 3rd 2005 6:57 pm

good beer

You've found the Melbourne Bitter then :D

artep Mar 3rd 2005 7:31 pm

hehehehehe......that's the way.... :D If she wimps out...smuggle your chainsaw in an do it yourself!! You'll be a heroine!!!!!!!!! :D

HUP Mar 4th 2005 12:21 am

Originally Posted by Bordy
ps, Will Matt be in this time. :D

No I'm actually just a figment of her imagination :D.