Here i come!!!

Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

weealbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Here i come!!!

After much deliberation I’ve booked a ticket to Aus. 1 way, 12 month visa, already have a job lined up and can stay with family for a few months. Life just can't get any better I thought, then it occurred to me. I'm 22, I’m an electrician and I have all my certificates to prove it. I can drive cars and motor cycles so why not go it alone and try the new life from the beginning. This is where all you great people around this topsy turvy globe come in handy! I am looking for a property to rent in the Brisbane area either close to the city (within 10km) or close to Beenleigh/Edens Landing/Bethania. Could anyone please point me in a vague direction as to how I could acquire a rental property in one of the above areas? Thanks for your help and look forward to all your helpful answers.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here i come!!!

Originally Posted by weealbie
After much deliberation I’ve booked a ticket to Aus. 1 way, 12 month visa, already have a job lined up and can stay with family for a few months. Life just can't get any better I thought, then it occurred to me. I'm 22, I’m an electrician and I have all my certificates to prove it. I can drive cars and motor cycles so why not go it alone and try the new life from the beginning. This is where all you great people around this topsy turvy globe come in handy! I am looking for a property to rent in the Brisbane area either close to the city (within 10km) or close to Beenleigh/Edens Landing/Bethania. Could anyone please point me in a vague direction as to how I could acquire a rental property in one of the above areas? Thanks for your help and look forward to all your helpful answers.

I can't help but wanted to wish you luck with your travels.

Tracey
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:49 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

This may help, as I did a search of the forum for 'Renting' and 'Brisbane' and a list of threads came up:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=139040

Hope you find something in there, and good luck
Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:31 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Try looking on www.realestate.com.au for loads of info. Prices will be around the $200 per week for a house, less for a unit (flat).
We spent time in the Beenleigh area last year as my family live in Mount Warren Park. That's where we're hoping to move to.
Good Luck with your new life.
Julie
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:36 am
Just Joined

weealbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. This forum has been great and it's amazed me how many nice and genuine people are out there 24 hours a day ready to lend a hand. If someone can't help they always seem to have an email address of a friend of a friend who can. It's people like you that are a real credit to expats and a real bonus to society. Thank you.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 10:39 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Try that way first...----->, if you don't have any luck try this way..<-----