Henry's gone

Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:32 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Henry's gone

Sold my parrot today and I'm still crying my eyes out. Australia wouldn't let him in. Now I've got no one to talk to all day.

Jane
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

Awww i no how u feel...we sold our chickens last week...not quite the same as a parrot as they never spoke back...but had kept them for over 9 years, we started keeping them the year my son was born so he has never known life without them.
Still tears when i watched them go tho

Claire
Old Nov 20th 2003, 12:25 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hehe very funny..i tried to sell my hubby but nobody wanted him!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Jane, you poor thing, must feel like leaving a friend behind. I've always kept hamsters - I remember how devastated I was to find I can''t keep one here.

First time I went to the M-in-Ls place, I remember seeing the cat next door, perched on the fence - the way they do in the UK when trying to catch sparrows. So I looked up into the tree next to the cat - and it was trying to catch PARROTS! Very surreal, small rosella parrots, with the cat trying to pat them as they flew past!
So chin up Jane, you may have them in your garden before long.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:43 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

having pets is pretty heartbreaking isn't it?

I took my elderly cat to the vets the other night and it turns out she has a large cancerous tumor in her stomach. No point in operating, it's attached to all sorts of things. The vet says she has a couple of week before it will be kinder to end it all.

It's all really sad but in a way, I'm relieved as I wouldn't've put her through the travelling to Oz as she's old and I was having problems trying to find a home for her. At least this way I know she's peaceful.I'm going to but a rose bush and she'll be going in the garden with it.

Still going to be terrible though.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:01 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been trying to find homes for 2 of my pedigree burmese cats for weeks now and I am not having any luck Im beginning to panic a bit now about what to do with them as we are moving into mums over xmas and we cant take them with us.
pollyanna I have always kept hamsters I think theyre lovely and cute I just have one left now I had a lovely black and white one but she has just died from old age, my niece says she will look after my remaining one when we go.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:06 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you tried contacting the Burmese Breeders assc, I'm sure there must be some organisation for these cats as they are so expensive and are really sought after for the show ring.

F.A.B the Feline Advisory Bureau will know how to contact one I'm sure... Just a thought for you
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:13 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

I used Adtrader and I had loads of enquiries on the first day. I was able to make sure that Henry went to a good home. He has a cockatoo for company and in a few weeks he'll be moving to a farmhouse where he'll be out all the time and will have lots of fuss made of him. I'd still prefer him to be here though. Its still 6 weeks before we go to Brisbane. Got to keep reminding myself he's in a good place.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
Ive been trying to find homes for 2 of my pedigree burmese cats for weeks now and I am not having any luck Im beginning to panic a bit now about what to do with them as we are moving into mums over xmas and we cant take them with us.
pollyanna I have always kept hamsters I think theyre lovely and cute I just have one left now I had a lovely black and white one but she has just died from old age, my niece says she will look after my remaining one when we go.
Hi Sky - poor you, having to say goodbye to your cats. We have two Burmese too, and are planning on taking them to Oz with us (though I can say that is the one thing I am most worried about).

I do remember though, when we took our kittens home from the breeder, she said if ever circumstances changed and we couldn't look after them any more, we should contact her in the first instance as either she would take them back or she would know a good home for them. The other option, as someone else mentioned, is the Burmese cat society rehoming service - see http://www.burmesecatsociety.org.uk/bcsrescue.html , and I'm sure the Asian cat society would have something similar.

I hope it works out for you - don't panic, I'm sure it will get sorted out.

K_M
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:27 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by TraceyW
Have you tried contacting the Burmese Breeders assc, I'm sure there must be some organisation for these cats as they are so expensive and are really sought after for the show ring.

F.A.B the Feline Advisory Bureau will know how to contact one I'm sure... Just a thought for you
Thanks Tracey
Yes I will have to get in touch with them if I dont find good homes for them myself.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:34 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Henry's gone

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Sold my parrot today and I'm still crying my eyes out. Australia wouldn't let him in. Now I've got no one to talk to all day.

Jane
Hey janeandjim
Sorry about your parrot sad that. When you get to OZ look out for all the cockatoo's and kookaburras. We used to have about 20 Cockatoo's on our balcony and when we lived in the Blue mountains had kookaburra's coming over for food. Not the same I know but the wild life in OZ is magic.
Attached Thumbnails Henry's gone-kookaburra.jpg  
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

sarah d is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody want two slimy under-water toads!!!

My son loves them and is going to be really sad when they have to go, but I cant wait because guess who has to clean them out......uuurrrgghhh
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:53 am
Born to be ignored

Originally posted by nicholls clan
Hey janeandjim
Sorry about your parrot sad that. When you get to OZ look out for all the cockatoo's and kookaburras. We used to have about 20 Cockatoo's on our balcony and when we lived in the Blue mountains had kookaburra's coming over for food. Not the same I know but the wild life in OZ is magic.
We were walking in a park in Melbourne at Easter watching the parakeets and I said to my son, "there won't be any cockatoos here, because we're in the city". A cockatoo flew straight over our heads at that exact instant. Joseph has never laughed so much! We had a great time watching the wildlife. We saw koalas and emus in the wild, and on our last day, we saw an echidna walking along the side of the road. I love those little guys! Even Jim said 'aaaah'.

The wildlife is something we're really looking forward too. I'm even quite excited about having snakes in the garden, which is a bit bizarre! We'd always promised Joseph we'd get him a tortoise, but when we were over, we found out that you can't get them there. Most pet shops hadn't even heard of them, kept calling them turtles.

We'll get another bird when we're there, but not until we're really settled. I don't want to have to leave another one behind.

Jane
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:56 am
sky
Banned

Originally posted by koala_mac
Hi Sky - poor you, having to say goodbye to your cats. We have two Burmese too, and are planning on taking them to Oz with us (though I can say that is the one thing I am most worried about).

I do remember though, when we took our kittens home from the breeder, she said if ever circumstances changed and we couldn't look after them any more, we should contact her in the first instance as either she would take them back or she would know a good home for them. The other option, as someone else mentioned, is the Burmese cat society rehoming service - see http://www.burmesecatsociety.org.uk/bcsrescue.html , and I'm sure the Asian cat society would have something similar.

I hope it works out for you - don't panic, I'm sure it will get sorted out.

K_M
Hi koala
Thanks for the reply we are taking one of our burmese but cant take all 3 so I have to let 2 go. I know casper our boy will travel the best he is so chilled out and unbothered about everything he is always trying to sneek into our car when we go out as he loves to travel. I have had loads of people in the past saying they would love one of our cats but they all disappear back into the shadows when it comes to it
Old Nov 20th 2003, 5:45 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Originally posted by JaneandJim
We were walking in a park in Melbourne at Easter watching the parakeets and I said to my son, "there won't be any cockatoos here, because we're in the city". A cockatoo flew straight over our heads at that exact instant. Joseph has never laughed so much! We had a great time watching the wildlife. We saw koalas and emus in the wild, and on our last day, we saw an echidna walking along the side of the road. I love those little guys! Even Jim said 'aaaah'.

The wildlife is something we're really looking forward too. I'm even quite excited about having snakes in the garden, which is a bit bizarre! We'd always promised Joseph we'd get him a tortoise, but when we were over, we found out that you can't get them there. Most pet shops hadn't even heard of them, kept calling them turtles.

Jane
Wait until you are hanging your washing out and the Kangaroo's come through the garden. We also had green tree frogs on the balcony, they used to thud around all night. But the worst is possums in the roof, scratching and peeing to their hearts content.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.