Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help would be helpful

Help would be helpful

Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:20 am
Just Joined

footwearguy is a jewel in the roughfootwearguy is a jewel in the roughfootwearguy is a jewel in the roughfootwearguy is a jewel in the rough
Smile Help would be helpful

I’m 24 and in the next two months I’m coming to Australia on a exploratory business trip by myself. I want to set up my own footwear company somewhere around the country. Obviously Sydney, Melbourne and Perth are my main focus but does anyone know any footwear companies over there so I can get some info before I leave. I’ve tried googling but come up with little. Any help would be great even if its just to tell me where to look. Is there a yellow pages in Oz? Plus can anyone give me some tips before I leave on flights, hotels and rented accommodation. Thank you. Ps I’ve just found this site and love it, very helpful. Carl the footwear guy
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:33 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help would be helpful

For yellow pages:
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/

For accomadation:
http://www.wotif.com/
This site is good for deals when you're booking about a month before your stay.

Don't have time to look up much more. You could start by searching on google for the information. It took me about 2 seconds to find the link for the yellow pages.

Also I'd learn how to search this forum. It's a great way to go through all the past information just on this site. More often than not what you're looking for could be found in a quick search.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/search.php

That's the link for the seach page, but you can also find the link on the pink bar at the top of the page on the right (under the blue bar). Once you're on the search page make sure to pick just the Australia and Barbie forums to look in, otherwise you'll get stuff from all over.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help would be helpful

Originally Posted by footwearguy
I’m 24 and in the next two months I’m coming to Australia on a exploratory business trip by myself. I want to set up my own footwear company somewhere around the country. Obviously Sydney, Melbourne and Perth are my main focus but does anyone know any footwear companies over there so I can get some info before I leave. I’ve tried googling but come up with little. Any help would be great even if its just to tell me where to look. Is there a yellow pages in Oz? Plus can anyone give me some tips before I leave on flights, hotels and rented accommodation. Thank you. Ps I’ve just found this site and love it, very helpful. Carl the footwear guy
www.blundstone.com.au
www.mongrelboots.com.au
www.tboots.com.au

should give you a start