Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help (Welfare worker)

Help (Welfare worker)

Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

kathk is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help (Welfare worker)

I trying to figure out the welfare worker assessment system in Australia. I am starting my NVQ 4 in Health and Social Care thinking that this was a route for a visa.

Does anyone know how you are assessed for this? It seems that the criteria that they require is covered in the NVQ 3 Care and Support, but they do not recognise that qualification.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help (Welfare worker)

Originally Posted by kathk
I trying to figure out the welfare worker assessment system in Australia. I am starting my NVQ 4 in Health and Social Care thinking that this was a route for a visa.

Does anyone know how you are assessed for this? It seems that the criteria that they require is covered in the NVQ 3 Care and Support, but they do not recognise that qualification.
Hi KathK

Welcome to BE, i am currently applying for a 136 skilled independent visa as a Welfare Worker, they may except a NVQ 4 in this area as long as you have the relevant work experience which is a few years, you might want to visit an immigration agents web site and complete an online skills assessment form, it can help to add up the points and see if you have enough.

minibelle
Old Jan 14th 2008, 5:45 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

I cant help with this one, but I do know that they dont recognise the DIPSW so it looks like I may have to retrain.
good luck
bec
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

I have 13 years experience so hopfully that will help
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

KathK

I have a HND in Health and Social care and a degree in social work, they didnt even request the info for the degree the diploma was enough.

Hi Bec

Did you try to register as a SW? Have a look at the Case officers jobs, it seems to be the closest role i can find. The money isnt bad.

minibelle
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Hi Minnibelle

thanks for that. it has put my mind at rest a little
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:00 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by minibelle
KathK

I have a HND in Health and Social care and a degree in social work, they didnt even request the info for the degree the diploma was enough.

Hi Bec

Did you try to register as a SW? Have a look at the Case officers jobs, it seems to be the closest role i can find. The money isnt bad.

minibelle
thanks minnibelle, will do
bec
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by minibelle
KathK

Hi Bec

minibelle
Hi Minnibelle

Have you applied through the pathway A or B. As i can see pathway B is harder
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Kathk

Sorry to sound a bit thick but i dont remember what the pathways are, i am going on a 136 Skilled independent visa, its now changed to a 175 skilled independent.

minibelle
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

hiya

its not you, probably me not explaining effectly. I think that pathway A you need a degree and B was or is where you have to get evidence of the work you have done
Old Jan 16th 2008, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

I needed at least a Higher Diploma level, but i had to prove i had studied full time for 2 years and at least 36 months work experience, I also have a NVQ 4 registered managers award but the agent didnt include this.

minibelle
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Ah, so it looks like i'm going to need to another qualification as well as my NVQ 4 Health and Social care.

Oh dear, more studying. This moving to OZ lark is a lot harder than i thought. I thought i might have been ok with just NVQ.

It seems to be slipping away from year to another year..

Thank you for your help and information
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kathk
Ah, so it looks like i'm going to need to another qualification as well as my NVQ 4 Health and Social care.

Oh dear, more studying. This moving to OZ lark is a lot harder than i thought. I thought i might have been ok with just NVQ.

It seems to be slipping away from year to another year..

Thank you for your help and information
Hi KathK

I would contact an agent to find out, please dont take mine or anyone else's word for it unless they are a registered agent, you may have enough points or you may be able to get your visa applying under a different role, the welfare worker role is flexible, there are also other roles but they may not give you as many points

minibelle