Help Wanted

Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all
Default Help Wanted

Hi All
Well I am not offering advise this time im asking for it.
Has anyone moved to Mackay, I want to know the good and bad, the shopping the beaches ect, any help and info would be a great help to me, my oh has been offered a transfer to Mackay from Townsville, and i just want to know everything about the place. The good living areas ect..

Thanks in advance
Sharon
Old Dec 30th 2008, 3:56 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all
Default Re: Help Wanted

Hi we have been in Mackay for 3 months now. Mackay itself is OK. There are some lovely beaches although we found them to be mostly deserted. The main shopping center is called "Canelands" and it has Big W, Target and a few individual shops but I find it very confined and always busy. I find there isn't a very good selection but thats only my view as I used to love looking round shops but now I just get in and get out asap. It has everything u need - just! We had trouble getting a rental as there were so many people going after the same house. . The houses in the nice areas get snapped up very quickly. We got a house in the end just outside Mackay in Walkerston. Mackay is very spread out so you have to drive everywhere. There are a few restaurants, a cinema and a water lagoon. There are some nice areas to live and most areas are being expanded as Mackay is a growing town. I personally find it quite boring but thats just me. It's not a bad place to live and the people seem friendly enough but we are just not feeling the vibe here.

Nikki