Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help:want Our Dream To Become Reality

Help:want Our Dream To Become Reality

Old May 2nd 2007, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

pebbles28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help:want Our Dream To Become Reality

Hi everyone this is my first time posting and well i just tried in another section so you may see this question twice,sorry first time ever doing this.

HELP PLEASE.In order for our dream to become a reality we need help.My husband and I and our two kids( nearly 4 year old and 8 month) are wanting to relocate from New Zealand to Perth and would really love to suss a job out first!

SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP ; My husband is a solid plasterer and has been in this industry for 12 or more years.He is a hard worker and puts 100% into anything he does.IF ANYONE NEEDS A TRUST WORTHY HARD WORKING PLASTERER HE IS YOUR MAN!!!

The hard thing we are finding is we do not have a date as such becauce of not having a job and also need to be there whne our stuff gets shipped over and that takes time..So it has made it tricky!

HOPEFULLY SOMEONE OUT THERE WILL BRING THE LUCK OUR WAY!

hoe to hear from anyone regarding jobs at all(if u can tell us if there is many jobs plastering..anythiing will be of help).

cheers
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help:want Our Dream To Become Reality

Originally Posted by pebbles28
Hi everyone this is my first time posting and well i just tried in another section so you may see this question twice,sorry first time ever doing this.

HELP PLEASE.In order for our dream to become a reality we need help.My husband and I and our two kids( nearly 4 year old and 8 month) are wanting to relocate from New Zealand to Perth and would really love to suss a job out first!

SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP ; My husband is a solid plasterer and has been in this industry for 12 or more years.He is a hard worker and puts 100% into anything he does.IF ANYONE NEEDS A TRUST WORTHY HARD WORKING PLASTERER HE IS YOUR MAN!!!

The hard thing we are finding is we do not have a date as such becauce of not having a job and also need to be there whne our stuff gets shipped over and that takes time..So it has made it tricky!

hoe to hear from anyone regarding jobs at all(if u can tell us if there is many jobs plastering..anythiing will be of help).

cheers
With the building boom in Perth he shouldn't have any trouble finding work. Look at either www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au for jobs. You can apply from NZ, but really he's better to be in Perth and apply at the builders' offices.
Old May 2nd 2007, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
With the building boom in Perth he shouldn't have any trouble finding work. Look at either www.seek.com.au or www.careerone.com.au for jobs. You can apply from NZ, but really he's better to be in Perth and apply at the builders' offices.
Hi,thanks for that yes i had a look on seek but its so tricky with not knowing dates.Yes we thought the same about just comming over(scarey with no income).I think what would be nice is for somone to say hey sure just give me a ring when your over here and there will be work..lol..If only

Thanks for the info about building boom.
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:34 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Are you New Zealand citizens?
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:37 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Hi,thanks for that yes i had a look on seek but its so tricky with not knowing dates.Yes we thought the same about just comming over(scarey with no income).I think what would be nice is for somone to say hey sure just give me a ring when your over here and there will be work..lol..If only

Thanks for the info about building boom.
My hubby a plasterer here...and yeah it is hard work! He worked for a few folk and now on his own......U need anything just ask. Where abouts are you moving to?
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clanwylie
My hubby a plasterer here...and yeah it is hard work! He worked for a few folk and now on his own......U need anything just ask. Where abouts are you moving to?
Hi,wow thats soooo cool..we are not sure where we will move to any where i guess at monent).We will need to sus a house out on line so we have somewhere to go. Oh can i ask if your hubby would be keen for a worker hope thats not checky that would be such a huge weight of our shouders..even if your hubby needed a hand for a while.Then we could get the ball rolling.Here's hoping.
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

cheers
You wont have any worries at all here. They're screaming out for plasterers big time. Going rate is $250 - 300 per day.

Wednesdays paper there were 21 adverts for plasterers. Most were looking for more than one for plastering teams.
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Hi,wow thats soooo cool..we are not sure where we will move to any where i guess at monent).We will need to sus a house out on line so we have somewhere to go. Oh can i ask if your hubby would be keen for a worker hope thats not checky that would be such a huge weight of our shouders..even if your hubby needed a hand for a while.Then we could get the ball rolling.Here's hoping.
Pebs there's more work here than you can poke a stick at. From unskilled to skilled. Many unskilled jobs will pay $20+/hr or daily rates of around $150.
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nzer57
You wont have any worries at all here. They're screaming out for plasterers big time. Going rate is $250 - 300 per day.

Wednesdays paper there were 21 adverts for plasterers. Most were looking for more than one for plastering teams.
Really ,oh i'm getting so excited I wanted to get excited before but I was to scared just cause at the moment we are trying to sell stuff to get funds to get to Perth therefore I knew we would need an income straight away to cover cost of the house we will rent! So if anyone knows of anyone who would help us out with a job before we get there that would be cool but good to know there is work out there thanks for that info ,it sounds promising.Thanks SO MUCH for all your help..you are all so kind

Does anyone know how much cars are to buy over in Perth..nothing flash just for hubby to get to work etc?
Also has anyone lined up a place to rent online?
Really I cannot say enough about all the help everyone has been its so refreshing to know there are people who actually like to help...not always easy to find these days..thanks guys!
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Really ,oh i'm getting so excited I wanted to get excited before but I was to scared just cause at the moment we are trying to sell stuff to get funds to get to Perth therefore I knew we would need an income straight away to cover cost of the house we will rent! So if anyone knows of anyone who would help us out with a job before we get there that would be cool but good to know there is work out there thanks for that info ,it sounds promising.Thanks SO MUCH for all your help..you are all so kind

Does anyone know how much cars are to buy over in Perth..nothing flash just for hubby to get to work etc?
Also has anyone lined up a place to rent online?
Really I cannot say enough about all the help everyone has been its so refreshing to know there are people who actually like to help...not always easy to find these days..thanks guys!

The rental markets tight. Best way to do it is to get as much as your stuff sorted out before hand and hubby to go ahead of you. It'll be easy for him to get single digs while he looks for a rental, vehicle etc and then you guys follow once he's got the basics sorted.

That's how I did it 8 years ago.
Old May 3rd 2007, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

This is the URL for the main newspaper here in Perth

http://www.thewest.com.au

It's got everything you need in the classifieds
Old May 3rd 2007, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nzer57
This is the URL for the main newspaper here in Perth

http://www.thewest.com.au

It's got everything you need in the classifieds
Thanks will check it out..
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:20 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Does he need to be recognised as a qualified plasterer in Perth before he can get a job, or will his NZ qualifications be cool?
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stormz
Does he need to be recognised as a qualified plasterer in Perth before he can get a job, or will his NZ qualifications be cool?
They're cool. Never known anyone to ever ask for quals, certs etc. You can either do the job or you can't and any prospective employer will know in five minutes.

Kiwi's and other imports are usually highly regarded compared to Aussies. They have a habit of turning up to work day in day out in the main. Ozzies like to go walkabout, throw sickies (favourite past time here) or stay at the pub.
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stormz
Hi there..hmm not sure.In New Zealand there is no qualification needed .My hubby has had 12 years experience in the industry.If anyone knows about the rules for a plastere in Perth to be able to work please let me know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.