Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with toll road through Sydney

Help with toll road through Sydney

Old Feb 24th 2005, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold
Default Help with toll road through Sydney

All you Sydneysiders I need info on the toll roads in Sydney.

Do the toll roads have pay booths where you can pay when you enter the toll road or is it like Melbourne where you have to pre pay to use the toll roads as their are no toll booths. Brisbane has both Toll Booths and E toll lanes.

Last time I drove through Melbourne I got lost and ended up on a toll road and for the next 6 months I thought I would be recieving the $80 fine for not having prepaid. Don't want the same to happen when I go through Sydney.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:48 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with toll road through Sydney

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
All you Sydneysiders I need info on the toll roads in Sydney.

Do the toll roads have pay booths where you can pay when you enter the toll road or is it like Melbourne where you have to pre pay to use the toll roads as their are no toll booths. Brisbane has both Toll Booths and E toll lanes.

Last time I drove through Melbourne I got lost and ended up on a toll road and for the next 6 months I thought I would be recieving the $80 fine for not having prepaid. Don't want the same to happen when I go through Sydney.
They still have both although the harbour bridge may soon be e-tag only. My e-tag works in Melbourne and Brisbane. Just keep out of the E-tag only lanes.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

If you happen to go through the e-tag lane by mistake, just take the form and send them the cheque. I think it's only a very small amount for admin fees. It's only a big fine if you ignore it.
Old Feb 24th 2005, 11:49 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocaholic
If you happen to go through the e-tag lane by mistake, just take the form and send them the cheque. I think it's only a very small amount for admin fees. It's only a big fine if you ignore it.
toll plus $5
done it a few times
Old Feb 25th 2005, 3:28 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I once went through the e-toll lane by mistake, 100m later there's a sign with a number to call if you didn't pay, barely enogh time to see it never mind find a pen. Anyway on return home, told the woman at the booth and she gave me the number to call - rather than take the payment there and then.

Sooo... called the number and paid by credit card over the phone - 90c.

Wonder how much that cost in admin?
Old Feb 28th 2005, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the info, I'd do the research myself but I'm in Kosciuszko NP at the mo and they charge $10 per hour for internet access so this way was quicker and cheaper.