Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with taking dog

Help with taking dog

Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:42 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold
Default Help with taking dog

Hi all, we are in the process of getting our dog sorted to take to Brisbane. We seem to have come to a standstill as we need an address in Australia before we can even apply for the import licence. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so how have you sorted it? I cant bear to think of leaving her, she has been part of the family since she was 8 weeks old {shes 7 now}. Any advice would be much appreciated,
Angie.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

wendyclewley89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help with taking dog

Hi, ask your pet shipper what normally happens? If she is an actual breed of dog, maybe one of the breed clubs in Oz will help.

I'll watch your thread with interest as I have 3 dogs to take with us (visa pending of course).

Wendy
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:24 pm
Living in the sun

connollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to beholdconnollys.home is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wendyclewley89
Hi, ask your pet shipper what normally happens? If she is an actual breed of dog, maybe one of the breed clubs in Oz will help.

I'll watch your thread with interest as I have 3 dogs to take with us (visa pending of course).

Wendy
Thanks for replying. We have spoken to pet shippers, they told us we couldn't go any further without an address. She is a full pedigree{Lhasa Apso}, hadn't thought about contacting breed clubs. I hope all goes well with you and your dogs and of course your visa. Angie
Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

wendyclewley89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I found the Australian Lhaso Apso online community for you, this will have all the Aussie breed clubs just email the secretary of the club closest to you.

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/...lhasa_apso.asp

You'll probably be able to make online contacts through the sites as well.

Wendy
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:16 pm
Living in the sun

Originally Posted by wendyclewley89
Hi I found the Australian Lhaso Apso online community for you, this will have all the Aussie breed clubs just email the secretary of the club closest to you.

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/...lhasa_apso.asp

You'll probably be able to make online contacts through the sites as well.

Wendy
Thanks so much Wendy, it would have taken me forever to find that myself as I'm useless with computers. I will email them straight away and let you know how it goes.Angie
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 12:55 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Luckily we had my mum's cousin to ask for help. I phoned them up one day, introduced myself and then asked if I could use their address and landline phone number. Thankfully they agreed. The quarintine station then duly sent our Bill to them!!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Alot of people seem to use the address of the hotel they are going to be staying at when they first arrive. When you have something more permanent you just get in touch with your pet shippers and update it. Good luck!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by connollys.home
Hi all, we are in the process of getting our dog sorted to take to Brisbane. We seem to have come to a standstill as we need an address in Australia before we can even apply for the import licence. Has anyone else come across this problem and if so how have you sorted it? I cant bear to think of leaving her, she has been part of the family since she was 8 weeks old {shes 7 now}. Any advice would be much appreciated,
Angie.
have sent you a private message

Sharon