Reload this Page >

Help! Sudden thought!

Help! Sudden thought!

Old Mar 6th 2007, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

sparklebelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help! Sudden thought!

Hiya peeps,
Can you help me please? Have just been advised that Citizenship has been granted. Great news! However,.....am travelling to Sydney at end of March and have to go in on an Aussie passport so will be applying asap as it takes 10 days. Problem is, I will have to leave UK on my UK passport (with no tourist visa in it because I have to enter Australia on my Aussie passport). Do I have to advise UK passport agency that I now have dual citizenship? Hubby and I were talking about this just now, and I am now in panic in case they won't let me leave UK! Silly question I know, but if someone can put my mind at rest I shall be forever grateful! You are all so helpful when asked questions that I am keeping my fingers crossed that someone will be able to answer my question. Thank you. Love Sparkles xx
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Re: Help! Sudden thought!

sparklebelle - my husband has dual citizenship. When we visit oz on hols he exits the UK on his British passport and enters Aus on his Aussie passport. So as far as I know you should be fine!
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

sparklebelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! Sudden thought!

Rachel, thanks for that. I was hoping that would be the case but just had this manic fear that UK people would not let me leave the country! Have you got a spouse visa? I now need to start filling in the copious paperwork for that for my hubby - so maybe I could do that on the long flight to Aus! Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it. Love Lou x