Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP: Spouse Visa - Meds referred to Australia

HELP: Spouse Visa - Meds referred to Australia

Old May 26th 2005, 5:00 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy HELP: Spouse Visa - Meds referred to Australia

I sent my application for my Spouse Visa to AHC in London on 12th May. I received a letter dated 17th May stating that my medical results have been forwarded to Australia because the panel doctor had noted that my blood pressure was slightly above the required level. (I knew my blood pressure was slightly high and had provided a letter from my own GP along with ECG and blood/urine test results provided by my GP - all the results were normal). The panel doctor included these letters with my medical form.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so, how long did it take before you heard anything back from AHC London. We are assuming the rest of the application was fine as they haven't asked for any further information from us.

Hope someone can put our minds at rest - we are pretty sure we will get the visa but are just a bit worried that the referral to Oz will take forever !!!

Thanks again for all the help provided by the members of this forum. It has been a Godsend !!

Wendy (Jim's better half)
Old May 26th 2005, 5:09 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP: Spouse Visa - Meds referred to Australia

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
I sent my application for my Spouse Visa to AHC in London on 12th May. I received a letter dated 17th May stating that my medical results have been forwarded to Australia because the panel doctor had noted that my blood pressure was slightly above the required level. (I knew my blood pressure was slightly high and had provided a letter from my own GP along with ECG and blood/urine test results provided by my GP - all the results were normal). The panel doctor included these letters with my medical form.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and if so, how long did it take before you heard anything back from AHC London. We are assuming the rest of the application was fine as they haven't asked for any further information from us.

Hope someone can put our minds at rest - we are pretty sure we will get the visa but are just a bit worried that the referral to Oz will take forever !!!

Thanks again for all the help provided by the members of this forum. It has been a Godsend !!

Only going by what people have said on here, shouldn't take too long to get a response from Aus. They may ask you to go back and have another one done or just take note of the other info you provided. You may get more of a feedback from the immigration forum by people it has happened to.
Old May 26th 2005, 9:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've heard, ANY medical with anything unusual gets referred - even if it has all the stuff with it to explain the problem. Anything unusual gets a "B" rating, and all "B"s have to be sent to Oz - mainly because the guys in London have no medical training so the decision has to rest with the Sydney medical panel.
Doesn't sound too horrendous, so hopefully you will get through OK.

I know its easy to say, but try not to worry too much. People have been granted visas with far more serious conditions.
Old May 26th 2005, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

The Noo-noo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus

Hi Wendy,

Hubby had exactly the same problem with his medical. High reading at medical so he included tests done by gp with his medical results and all was fine. I think we had the visa through within 4 weeks and that included the xmas and newyear bank holidays.

Try not to worry too much, I'm sure your application will be fine too.

Good luck.
Old May 27th 2005, 3:48 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Noo-noo
Hi Wendy,

Hubby had exactly the same problem with his medical. High reading at medical so he included tests done by gp with his medical results and all was fine. I think we had the visa through within 4 weeks and that included the xmas and newyear bank holidays.

Try not to worry too much, I'm sure your application will be fine too.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. That has put my mind at rest. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer. (Fingers crossed)

Thanks again guys !!

Wendy