Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP re-training

HELP re-training

Old Jan 12th 2011, 10:10 am
Just Joined

ranj76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP re-training

Anyone on here who could advise me about re-training possbilly as a wall to floor tiler i dont want to do the wrong courses the aim of be re-training is so i could get to OZ via the sillied visa route. Im aware that not only do ineed to be qualified but also need 12 months work exprenice I just dont want to end up paying lots of money for the wrong training courses. I'm starting from scratch so have no exprence in this trade but looking at all my options becoming a tiler might be best way.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

perth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to allperth tiger is a name known to all
Default Re: HELP re-training

i would think that tiling wouldnt be a skill in need over here. certainly in west oz you dont need qulifications to do wall or floor tiling.

perth
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ranj76
Anyone on here who could advise me about re-training possbilly as a wall to floor tiler i dont want to do the wrong courses the aim of be re-training is so i could get to OZ via the sillied visa route. Im aware that not only do ineed to be qualified but also need 12 months work exprenice I just dont want to end up paying lots of money for the wrong training courses. I'm starting from scratch so have no exprence in this trade but looking at all my options becoming a tiler might be best way.
Ranj76 your already in the police so why not look into security type jobs then a least your keeping the job theme in a similar area.

There should be lots of retail companies who employ loss prevention officers/auditors so you may not need to re-train. I know in the Uk alot of retail companies employee ex police as security managers. If you need anymore info pm me.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for reply's back I think you might be right about the demand re tilers in Oz will have to look into security jobs see if that is a option.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

What about the police force?
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Already been looking into that it's a non starter no Oz forces currently taking on brit cops I have to be a Australia citizen if I want to apply.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ranj76
Already been looking into that it's a non starter no Oz forces currently taking on brit cops I have to be a Australia citizen if I want to apply.
Not strictly true, you can apply if you have permanent residence. Hence the reason for the 457 temp residence. Wait for 2 years and apply for the Pr.

The trouble with re-training is that you will have at least 6 months to get qualified and then you will need probably 12 months experience before most companies will even consider you for a 457

Last edited by mvagusta; Jan 13th 2011 at 2:55 pm. Reason: extra info
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Was meant to say Pr it's all the same if ur I'm the Uk I've explored most Aves in the last few days including migration agents all said the same thing.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I may have mentioned this before, but have you looked into the New Zealand police?

If they are recruiting then that would be away into Oz. Join them for two years and then apply to Oz for pr. Due to an agreement is easy for kiwi's to get Pr.

Keep on trying as things change. I thought there was no chance of me getting in and it now looks like it may be possible without having to spend loads of money on a parent visa.

I also looked at the Usa and it's even more difficult to get there from the Uk. But if your an Ozzy it's easier.

Last edited by mvagusta; Jan 13th 2011 at 3:06 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

ranj76 it appears that New Zealand will accept you

Have a look at the link below

http://www.newcops.co.nz/application...o-can-be-a-cop

It may not be exactly what your looking for but it's alot closer to Oz than the Uk and maybe an easier way to get to Oz with a pr without re-training.
Old Jan 13th 2011, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvagusta
If they are recruiting then that would be away into Oz. Join them for two years and then apply to Oz for pr. Due to an agreement is easy for kiwi's to get Pr..
What agreement?

As far as I know it is no easier for NZ-ers to get PR than for anyone else.