Help PR Visa

Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

goodwnsherratts is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Help PR Visa

Hi everyone
can anyone help looks like our PR visa might be through when we are actually on holiday in OZ. I will have access to my e-mails on hols so can keep upto date with progress just wondering wether anyone knows if you can get your pr visa and validate it whilst on hols in adelaide, would save another trip next year to validate just incase house not sold etc in time.
Hope this isn't too confusing
jill
:scared:
Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:09 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help PR Visa

Originally posted by goodwnsherratts
Hi everyone
can anyone help looks like our PR visa might be through when we are actually on holiday in OZ. I will have access to my e-mails on hols so can keep upto date with progress just wondering wether anyone knows if you can get your pr visa and validate it whilst on hols in adelaide, would save another trip next year to validate just incase house not sold etc in time.
Hope this isn't too confusing
jill
:scared:
Hello

as I understand it, you cannot be granted an offshore PR visa whilst in Australia. ASPC will wait until you are back home before granting it, unless you manage to get it granted before you leave.

This happened to a friend of mine who was asked by ASPC to contact them as soon as they arrived back in the UK. When they did this they were told it was granted and they would have to go back to AUS to validate it.

Sorry if this is not what you would like to hear

Mel
Old Aug 27th 2003, 4:48 pm
earlswood

Goodwnsherratts,

mika24me is absolutley right. You would have to leave the country and then re-enter OZ to validate the visa.

Earlswood

Old Aug 28th 2003, 5:45 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

A skilled visa cannot be granted while the applicant is in Australia => I suggest you take the initiative and advise your case officer or your agent of your whereabouts if the visa has not been granted before you visit Australia.

If your visa is ready to be granted when you are in Australia it might be worth arranging for your visa to be evidenced in NZ, as you could then return to the UK via Australia, validating the visas en route.

Best regards.