Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help please....question for my friends....

help please....question for my friends....

Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:03 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default help please....question for my friends....

hiya all........

a quick question thats probably only specific to our friends so despite searching i cant find the answer!

right...
friends' situation is.....
female friend......previuosly married (ex hubby still alive)with 2 sons..one age 19(left home 3 yrs ago..totally independant)
other age 17 but in army!...still training though

defacto relationship of 9 yrs ish...one daughter...age 7

wanting to migrate under skilled australian sponsored route...(male friend's dad lives here...has done for donkeys years)

they are using an agent..based in sydney..dont know name of but is supposed to be mara reg.

the agent seems to think that its ok to put the 17yr old on their application...even though in army...cos he is < 18 is dependant...

i dont know if he's classed as dep still due to being in army????..

the other thing is...would their application fail...if he is included and cant be classed as dependent???

many thanks for anyones help on this matter

i would hate them to waste their money including their 17 yr old son if he cant be...they would be better leaving him off and letting him apply in his own right when he leaves??...or can he transfer to oz army??....doubt that though!
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

little miss c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help please....question for my friends....

Originally posted by yvsie
hiya all........

a quick question thats probably only specific to our friends so despite searching i cant find the answer!

right...
friends' situation is.....
female friend......previuosly married (ex hubby still alive)with 2 sons..one age 19(left home 3 yrs ago..totally independant)
other age 17 but in army!...still training though

defacto relationship of 9 yrs ish...one daughter...age 7

wanting to migrate under skilled australian sponsored route...(male friend's dad lives here...has done for donkeys years)

they are using an agent..based in sydney..dont know name of but is supposed to be mara reg.

the agent seems to think that its ok to put the 17yr old on their application...even though in army...cos he is < 18 is dependant...

i dont know if he's classed as dep still due to being in army????..

the other thing is...would their application fail...if he is included and cant be classed as dependent???

many thanks for anyones help on this matter

i would hate them to waste their money including their 17 yr old son if he cant be...they would be better leaving him off and letting him apply in his own right when he leaves??...or can he transfer to oz army??....doubt that though!
Hi not sure about the army, but we included our son who turned 18 in the process of the application.....we were asked after he turned 18 to prove he was dependant i:e still at college, not earning any money. as we couldn't it was easy enough to write to DIMI and have him removed from our application.
Some one else might be able to help with regard to the army, but you can alway remove people from the application at a later stage.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:11 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Under 18 he's a dependant full stop!
They have to include him as a dependant so if he validates he still would have the 5 yrs to decide.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough

Hi for the 17 year old you might have a problem with him being in the army as for getting leave to go and validate we was going to have the same problem as my 16 year old was going to join the army but medical reasons kept him away for 12 months so he has now decided to come with us. does he want to go to oz to live or does he want to stop in the army and then just go over as and when ? your friend could get in touch with australian army to find out if he could get a transfer.
if the agent has said its ok then i shouldnt see a problem but i really do feel for your friend as like i said we nearly had the same problem.
sorry i cant be more help but i hope they can find the answer they are after
Debs xxxx
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

little miss c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by cresta57
Under 18 he's a dependant full stop!
They have to include him as a dependant so if he validates he still would have the 5 yrs to decide.
agreed but if he turns 18 before the visa's are granted. dependancy will have to be proved.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:05 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

my son turned 18 during the application process and i didnt have to prove dependency...but......
i cant see how he will be classed as dep cos he is in army..and another friend says cos in army he cant apply until discharge paapers signed??...any light on that???

thanx for your help though guys

just thought..maybe i shouldve asked this in the other forum....me thinks

Last edited by yvsie; Jul 14th 2004 at 12:47 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yvsie
my son turned 18 during the application process and i didnt have to prove dependency...but......
i cant see how he will be classed as dep cos he is in army..and another friend says cos in army he cant apply until discharge paapers signed??...any light on that???

thanx for your help though guys

just thought..maybe i shouldve asked this in the other forum....me thinks
Visa applicants who are in the forces are expected to resign before visa grant. (So we have been told in relation to my hubby who's in the Navy.) This would also apply to dependants over 16 so your friend's son would have to leave the Army and produce his discharge papers which are required by DIMIA as part of their character checks before visa grant.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:02 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

thanks nicstids..my fears were justified then
I had better be the bearer of bad news eh??