Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help please again!!!

Help please again!!!

Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:52 pm
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice
Default Help please again!!!

Having a look at flights on the internet and found a cheap one with Malaysia Airlines can anyone tell me if they are ok and found the flight on ebookers once again thanks for any help. And still drinking wine and stressing 5weeks to go an counting
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:12 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help please again!!!

Hi there, weve booked also with ebookers with Malaysian......i got the best fare I could at the time, ive asked around and Malaysian seems fine, the only thing is some Airlines will give you 40kg luggage if your emigrating however Malaysian stick to 20kg...we flying out on 25 June. Word of warning, if you do go ahead a book check double check and check again that all you details are correct on your booking, i miss spealt a name, slip of the finger, rang them as soon as i was off line but had a real battle getting them to change it, they did it in the end, apart from that I found them very efficient...........hope this helps, im off to start my wine now x
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Emmaline
Having a look at flights on the internet and found a cheap one with Malaysia Airlines can anyone tell me if they are ok and found the flight on ebookers once again thanks for any help. And still drinking wine and stressing 5weeks to go an counting
We flew with them last year for Easter. We found it all OK, every one polite and friendly. (mind you haven't flown with anyone else to Australia) If you have kids remember to book their meals beforehand as we didn't realise that we could book different meals for them.
Try and get a seat behind the galleys as you get alot more leg room.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search on the forum for Malaysia - most that has been said about them is good. We're most probably going to fly with them as well as their prices are really good.

Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Malaysian are meant to be quite good. Try looking them up on this: www.airlinequality.com

I find ebookers good, if you want to know where else to look for flights too try this:

www.yellabrickroad.com/flights
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Hi

We (2 adults + 2 children) flew with Malaysian Airlines in January this year. We was stuck with the 20kg limit though. Saying that we were staying over in Kuala Lumpur and probably would not have taken more than 4 suitcases.

We stayed two and a half months with relatives and our shipment did not arrive until the end of March and we managed with the four suitcases of clothes. Makes your wonder how much rubbish you really need. Malaysian Airlines were good, we came with Singapore Airlines last time to Oz and they are about the same.

Good luck
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:02 pm
Kanga1

Emmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really niceEmmaline is just really nice

Thank you everyone for your help. I think we will book it. It costs £289 which I thought was brilliant just tax on top of that.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:28 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of

Thank you everyone for your help. I think we will book it. It costs £289 which I thought was brilliant just tax on top of that.
Where did you find it for £289??? I have also been looking at Malaysia Air and for 2 adults and 1 child we're looking at £1300 all in and I thought that was a good deal (this is to Adelaide).
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:29 pm
Living the dream!

crystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud ofcrystal113 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crystal113
Where did you find it for £289??? I have also been looking at Malaysia Air and for 2 adults and 1 child we're looking at £1300 all in and I thought that was a good deal (this is to Adelaide).
Doh!!! Just re-read your original thread and it SAYS whre your saw it - sorry I am dimebar!!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Flew Malaysian via KL last year. Found them pretty good on the whole, although their response to everything is straight from the 'smile and nod' school of passenger management.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Great website for flights, thanks for this. Will these fares be classed as migrant fares? And will you then be permitted to carry 40kgs?

cheers,

Ros
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:13 pm
Kanga1

It was on www.ebookers.com hope this helps

Originally Posted by crystal113
Old Apr 26th 2006, 8:15 pm
Kanga1

I dont think you get extra baggage allowance I need to find that out but I think someone told me with Maylasia Airlines you dont.

QUOTE=rpa34]***

Great website for flights, thanks for this. Will these fares be classed as migrant fares? And will you then be permitted to carry 40kgs?

cheers,

Ros[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:29 pm
Kanga1

Got our tickets yestesday and they are all ok. Ive checked double checked and checked again they came through in two days the more people I talk to the more they say Maylasia Airlines are fine so Im all set well nearly got the cat to sort out still then be ready
Old Apr 28th 2006, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Also check the prices with trailfinders, as sometimes the price can differ, or u could go on a similar airling for a better deal.