Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help please, Advertised jobs!!!!

Help please, Advertised jobs!!!!

Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:36 am
Just Joined

vmax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please, Advertised jobs!!!!

Hi All

Been looking at jobs adverts for Australia, some adverts state that "No residency necessary". Anyone know more detail or had experience on these?

Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2007, 9:49 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please, Advertised jobs!!!!

Originally Posted by vmax
Hi All

Been looking at jobs adverts for Australia, some adverts state that "No residency necessary". Anyone know more detail or had experience on these?

Thanks
Can you elaborate please?

If you want to live/work in Australia I believe you need to be a resident.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Can you elaborate please?

If you want to live/work in Australia I believe you need to be a resident.

We are currently looking at options for getting to Australia, but are struggling to get a Permanent visa. So, looking at jobs for my skill set (data/voice networks), I see employers are stating on the advert the following:

Residency: No residency necessary

or

Residency: Must have residency
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:15 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

We are currently looking at options for getting to Australia, but are struggling to get a Permanent visa. So, looking at jobs for my skill set (data/voice networks), I see employers are stating on the advert the following:

Residency: No residency necessary

or

Residency: Must have residency
Thanks vmax. To be honest I've never seen this, only the adverts where residency is required.

All I can think of is it may be work you can do from where you are based i.e from UK. Is it that sort of work? [apols as I don't know what data/voice networks is]

I can't think of any work you can do inside Australia that doesn't need some kind of visa. Have you asked on the Immigration forum?
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Thanks vmax. To be honest I've never seen this, only the adverts where residency is required.

All I can think of is it may be work you can do from where you are based i.e from UK. Is it that sort of work? [apols as I don't know what data/voice networks is]

I can't think of any work you can do inside Australia that doesn't need some kind of visa. Have you asked on the Immigration forum?
Many thanks for your replies. It's probably my wording of the question that's caused you problems.

What I was hoping for was that I could apply for a job that didn't require me getting a visa of any kind and so the employer would sort all that stuff out if I was successful in the job application!

Cheers
Old Nov 20th 2007, 10:31 am

Many thanks for your replies. It's probably my wording of the question that's caused you problems.

What I was hoping for was that I could apply for a job that didn't require me getting a visa of any kind and so the employer would sort all that stuff out if I was successful in the job application!

Cheers
Oh I see.

Some companies do take on overseas candidates and apply for a visa on the candidates behalf. I believe it's a temp visa and the company has to demonstrate you have the right skill set and these skills are not already available in the Aussie market.

It's a long and drawn out way of doing things and most employers veer away due to the amount of time and effort it takes to get this past DIAC. Also, I belive the employer has to guarantee 2 years work. You are also tied in to the job I believe and if the job is crap or the boss takes advantage, it's tough.

I may be rambling here as I'm not sure if this is what you mean. I'm sure if any of the above is incorrect, someone will correct my understanding. At least this is a start to getting you some answers

Good luck!