Wikiposts

Help please

Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:36 am

RooksieJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help please

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
i cant really offer you any advice but give you my best wishes,i hope things turn out ok.

regards,Lee

( Karma sent )

thanks
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RooksieJ
thanks sam.

i dont have PND by the way but i can see why you would think i have!!!
Oh god, Im getting my letters the wrong way around.

I thought you said you had, but reading back I can see Ive got all confused (nothing new there )

I just think you have been through alot and I dont blame you for being worried about money. We are worried and we dont have kids.

Changing the subject slightly, have you got snow in Torquay?
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

I thought you said you had, but reading back I can see Ive got all confused (nothing new there )

I just think you have been through alot and I dont blame you for being worried about money. We are worried and we dont have kids.

no snow. quite gutted really.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:57 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

no snow. quite gutted really.
The kids outside have built a huge snowman. They were having a ball throwing snowballs.

I say kids, some late teens. It was nice to watch them enjoying themselves.

I must admit, it looks so pretty outside.

I was looking at property prices in Torquay last week, they have shot up havent they?

Abdel and I will struggle to get on the property ladder. No sign of the visa so we are looking to buy ourselves.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:57 am

have you got your soddin visas yet?????
Old Feb 8th 2007, 2:58 am

oooops our posts crossed!!!

that is what is killing us here now. we have a HUGE mortgage
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:03 am

oooops our posts crossed!!!

that is what is killing us here now. we have a HUGE mortgage
I think the whole process is underestimated. The dream of getting to oz is the easy part.

The wait is mentally tiring, you cant plan, you cant move forward too far and if you have waited a year like us, you start to plan a life in England as you dont want to be waiting another 6 months.

The move is even harder, I reckon homesickness is so much harder than people envisage, the lack of support family wise - the feeling of vulnerability.

And if you do move back, you deal with those emotions in reverse.

Nope, I reckon once started on the migration journey, your 'safe life' is mixed up, turned upside down and tipped out again.

I check property prices every day, and if we dont hear from DIMA soon, then some major decisions will have to be made.

That is why if I were you, I wouldnt rush. Things may well seem clearer in 6 months time and at least that is time you have on your visa.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 3:50 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks mate. thing is, i think if we do stay we will probably regret not giving it another go. its hard to explain, but i get really really bad with hyperemesis when im pregnant (not something i plan to do again!!!) and i get depression with it. what bloody timing eh!!!! we didnt stand a bloody chance to be honest.

if we stay i will be lefting feeling as though there is something missing from my life.

that said, if we go that something missing will be money!!

hey ho!!

j xxxx
sounds like you answered your own question there chick.

I know it may be hard but could jed go out without you to test out the water, jobs, houses etc?

Kxxx
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by possoms
sounds like you answered your own question there chick.

I know it may be hard but could jed go out without you to test out the water, jobs, houses etc?

Kxxx

Bordy asked the same question but thing is mate i need jed here to pay the mortgage n stuff. besides, id probably never hear from him again!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:54 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Bordy asked the same question but thing is mate i need jed here to pay the mortgage n stuff. besides, id probably never hear from him again!!!
aw sorry mate didnt see Bordy's reply

it is difficult mate maybe you could come and live in a teepee in our garden
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:06 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Jacs, I really don't envy your position.

I know you guys used all your cash moving last year, and if I were you I'd sit tight, try and save some money and then maybe rethink in a couple of years time. Another thing to think of it to borrow enough against your mortgage (so low repayments) maybe to do a decent reccie to a different area.

I assume you have family here who can help out. If that's the case then that's vital at this time. If not, then maybe you should move after all - better to be skint in the sun - a trip to the beach is free.

In the meantime, get Jed applying for every job that he can in Aus. Having a job to go to would make the world of difference to how scary the move is.

I truly feel for you all.

Gill
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by herrchook
Oh Jacs, I really don't envy your position.

I know you guys used all your cash moving last year, and if I were you I'd sit tight, try and save some money and then maybe rethink in a couple of years time. Another thing to think of it to borrow enough against your mortgage (so low repayments) maybe to do a decent reccie to a different area.

I assume you have family here who can help out. If that's the case then that's vital at this time. If not, then maybe you should move after all - better to be skint in the sun - a trip to the beach is free.

In the meantime, get Jed applying for every job that he can in Aus. Having a job to go to would make the world of difference to how scary the move is.

I truly feel for you all.

Gill

thanks mate - its tough
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

thanks mate - its tough
I feel like I shouldn't be answering this cause its a bit personal, but you did ask so here goes.

Who wants to go back to austalia, kids inculded who wants to go back?

Will the problems you felt last time be solved by a move to another place?

Wasnt missing family one of them, I think people need to realise what it costs to go home to UK with a family here, its bloody incredible, can you budget around $11,000++ just for airfares if you want to go home.

I saw your thread the other day asking for honest answers, I didnt reply, scared reply might sound too personal, but you said something that worried me, that the gold coast would have so much more to do than the SC. Yes GC has 4 theme parks and bigger shops, but apart from that??? we have lived on both coasts and life for kids is almost identical, the areas are less than 2 hours apart, similar access to brisbane for whats on there, both have beach and countryside, life will be much the same. Climate which you found hot ? is the same too.

I would not answer if you should stay UK or come back but do ask yourself some brutally honest questions, like will your kids not miss family this time because its a different place?

If you do come back, rent till you get back on your feet financially, we rented an old shack (trust me it was not the aussie dream that one!! LOL) but it was cheap, think even now with rising rents it was re let at $320 a week.

Good luck its a horrible decision once you have kids old enough to be vocal and emotional about it all, I should know, my lot are still vocal & emotional and dont agree on where we should live and its only been 6 flippin years.

Last edited by jad n rich; Feb 9th 2007 at 7:40 am.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:43 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Even if nobody replies i just want to offload.

When we moved out last year and came back to UK because of my pregnancy we basically lost everything financially. We are now back in the UK and flat broke and struggling to live day to day. Jed wants to give Oz another go. I am worried because it would be shit or bust for us as we have no reserves in the bank and i cannot work because Eve is still a baby. There is also the fact that Grace and Daisy would be dragged out of their school yet again and split up from their friends - this could really mess them up, especially Grace who has just started secondary school.

I am sick with worry and it is affecting our relationship. I am scared stiff about going back to Oz and having no money in the bank whatsoever.

Feel like crying - my life is a mess

J

Is there anything stopping you from including in a plan to return to OZ a saving timetable to get yourselves back on your feet?

Why not agree in principal but put some key targets down - ie:

Ensure you have sufficient savings to pay for cost of living for first 3 months
Enough savings for return flights?

If you are really on the bread line at the moment my advise would be not to return straight away. Your then just looking for trouble. Better to plan ahead and if OH is so focused on Oz they will see the need to get some cash back in reserve.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 7:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Polly, do you think you will ever pursuade your hubby to live in the UK?

I find it so sad that you are living somewhere you dont want to be. I realise what you are saying when you say that your husband feels that Aussie is his home, but I just wondered if you ever saw yourself going back to the uk at all.
Not hijacking Rooksie, just wanted to answer PP - trust me I've though about it - he couldn't live in the UK, lots of rose tints about it being cooler and a better lifestyle (!!!) but he's a Qlder at heart - he'd hate the grey skies, he hates it here when it rains, paces the house like a caged Bix, and has the Aussie mentality that we can't go out and do things cos its raining, but more than that he likes the space - no way would we have as big a house, and being a big bloke he couldn't cope in the sort of place we'd have over there. I had a spacious (for the UK) 1 bed flatt, and he found it poky. He likes big cars, lots of room around him, space to spread out, and the UK is just sort of smaller, if you know what I mean.

Also, if I've had problem adjusting here, he is far less tolerant than me and would never cope with adjusting to the UK on a longterm basis.

And now back to our Rooksie and her dilemma........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.