Help.....please

Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:47 am
Just Joined

nyasaland is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Help.....please

I've just arrived in Australia.I'm living in the Tweed Heads area.Is there anyone out there who can give me a bit of moral support.I'm feeling very confused and lonely.I've no family left in U.K. My son lives here but I don't want to be ontop of him.I'm house hunting but no luck so far.I did find one but it failed miserably with pest and building inspection-scary.There was a divorce in U.K. so I'm out here alone. I want this to work but at the moment.....well!!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:09 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help.....please

Originally Posted by nyasaland
I've just arrived in Australia.I'm living in the Tweed Heads area.Is there anyone out there who can give me a bit of moral support.I'm feeling very confused and lonely.I've no family left in U.K. My son lives here but I don't want to be ontop of him.I'm house hunting but no luck so far.I did find one but it failed miserably with pest and building inspection-scary.There was a divorce in U.K. so I'm out here alone. I want this to work but at the moment.....well!!
hello there just got here myself how old are you what do you for a living etc?
and what state is tweed heads in
Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:11 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Keep your chin up, it can be a bit daunting when you dont know anybody, that was us last year, now we have plenty of good friends. It will work if you give it a chance, its a new start, so dont be frightened, get out there and go for it.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wengerboy
hello there just got here myself how old are you what do you for a living etc?
and what state is tweed heads in
Tweed Heads is up in New South Wales, borders Queensland. Apart from house hunting I'm also job hunting,but no luck yet.I'm over 21 and under 55!!! What I want to do for a living, I really don't mind, well, within reason.I used to live in Africa and have done all sorts of things.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Keep your chin up, it can be a bit daunting when you dont know anybody, that was us last year, now we have plenty of good friends. It will work if you give it a chance, its a new start, so dont be frightened, get out there and go for it.
Thanks,pleased it's all worked out for you.Yes, it's certainly daunting. I used to live in Africa,Malawi,was known as Nyasaland.A couple of very good friends moved to Perth.As we all moved from Malawi to various parts of the world we all lost touch. I e-mailed a local Perth paper to see if they could be traced but never got a reply.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:46 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Tweed Heads is up in New South Wales, borders Queensland. Apart from house hunting I'm also job hunting,but no luck yet.I'm over 21 and under 55!!! What I want to do for a living, I really don't mind, well, within reason.I used to live in Africa and have done all sorts of things.
i`ve had a bit of bother job hunting! started one monday but out of work by thursday night(terrible job) start doing a bit of casual for a guy on monday who seems ok it`s only for a month but buys some time!
p.s was`nt being nosey bout your age
Old Sep 17th 2005, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wengerboy
i`ve had a bit of bother job hunting! started one monday but out of work by thursday night(terrible job) start doing a bit of casual for a guy on monday who seems ok it`s only for a month but buys some time!
p.s was`nt being nosey bout your age
AGE-no problem.My old mum had a wonderful saying-Age is a state of mind,if you don't mind it doesn't matter. Good luck with the 'new' job.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 7:38 am
Up The Arse!!

AGE-no problem.My old mum had a wonderful saying-Age is a state of mind,if you don't mind it doesn't matter. Good luck with the 'new' job.
cheers if it`s anything like the first i`ll need all the luck i can get
my dad says your as old as the woman your feeling! i`m not that bloody old
Old Sep 18th 2005, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Stay strong nyasaland. Tell your son how you are feeling I am certain he will help you get through this difficult time. Don't panic and leave.. think to the future and the life you want to have. If you want something bad enough it is within reach!!! Good luck, love Trev xx
Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:34 pm
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Hi nyasaland
well done on your move!
You have done the hardest part in moving out there, just give it time and everything will work out
at least your family are near by. We are leaving ours in the UK!
My partner Simon used to live in west africa but is an australian citizen and we are intending to move over sometime next year when my spouse visa comes through.
Angie
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of lightbill drinkwater is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,sorry to here things a bit rough for you at present,sure it will pick up soon! We are hoping to arrive in the Tweed Heads area about jan/feb as my wife will be doing a college course at Kingscliff.How are you finding the area around there,Kingscliff,Tweed Heads,Coolangatta etc,hope you are going to say its nice!!Good luck,Bill.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:27 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone else here said this not too long ago....no longer with us though...
Old Sep 20th 2005, 1:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bill drinkwater
Hi there,sorry to here things a bit rough for you at present,sure it will pick up soon! We are hoping to arrive in the Tweed Heads area about jan/feb as my wife will be doing a college course at Kingscliff.How are you finding the area around there,Kingscliff,Tweed Heads,Coolangatta etc,hope you are going to say its nice!!Good luck,Bill.
Hi and thanks for your reply.
Have no worries, this is a lovely area. Kingscliff is undergoing a few changes. They have built a new area by the seafront. Don't panic, it's just a small complex of shops and cafes. It's a lovely beach front with cafes and resturants overlooking the beach. Kingscliff is been marketed by the estate agents as 'trendy'. Tweed Heads and Coolangata themselves are not my cup of tea, too Americanised, but they have all the facilities you need. Murwillumbah, about 20mins drive inland is a nice old style Ozzie town. I've driven a lot around the area, from Byron, up the coast to here, and inland. I discovered Nimbin, very colourful and very alternative!! Please keep in touch. Maybe we can all meet up for a coffee in Kingscliff. Anything else you want to know- just ask.
Good luck with all the move entails.

Ann
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
Hi nyasaland
well done on your move!
You have done the hardest part in moving out there, just give it time and everything will work out
at least your family are near by. We are leaving ours in the UK!
My partner Simon used to live in west africa but is an australian citizen and we are intending to move over sometime next year when my spouse visa comes through.
Angie
Hi Angie,thanks for the encouragement. Good luck with your move.

My son came here 5years ago. Watching him go thru' customs at Heathrow was just awful. Be prepared, leaving family is so so difficult.

Ann
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:21 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be worth checking out local libraries - I know that sounds old and dated but they really helped me find my way about and many had local area classes and groups. We are not all young mums coming over and making friends can be daunting.

I understand about the pest inspection scarey and expensive - but good on you for checking it out, better than being stuck with a lemon.

Your local Tafe may also have classes they would be worth going to - I haven't been cause I keep getting bogged down in work and things but loads I really fancy. Also might not be your thing but volunteer groups are always gagging for new members. And one for old fogeys - Me! The local bowls club, yes I can hear you all laughing but you never know what connections you can pick up and local information....along with a drink of course. Oy! I am only 40 and it works for me.....some clubs have all age groups represented and it can be a lot more fun learning to play than the pokies at the RSL. PS I was actually so bad I am now only a social member!

Are you actively religious, cause I know this area is over whelming with churches they want me to join. Not my cup of tea but defintely very socially active compared to my area in the UK.

And if it young at heart you are, what about surf lessons, never too old ... or so I am told, I have still to try that one but I am told the talent at the surf club is quite good!

Chin up and I hope you feel less daunted soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.