Wikiposts

Help Please

Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about
Default Help Please

Hi could anyone help me work out what I need to do to work in Queensland as an electrician, I'm not really a instalation sparky more maintenance and plc type work. I hope to be coming over on a spouse visa as my partner is a full aussie, so do I still need to do the TRA thing or not?
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:18 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please

Originally Posted by Pickle
Hi could anyone help me work out what I need to do to work in Queensland as an electrician, I'm not really a instalation sparky more maintenance and plc type work. I hope to be coming over on a spouse visa as my partner is a full aussie, so do I still need to do the TRA thing or not?

You dont need to do a TRA for a spouse visa, just miles of paperwork!

Go to the DIMIA website and follow all the links to spouse visas.

Good luck
Claire
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

If going under a defacto visa you do not need your skills assessed in order to obtain visa - search "MLBonner" who posted about what you needed for a defacto visa.

Going back to the skills - like I said you wont need these assessed for your visa but may require some kind of assessment once you arrive in order to obtain the relevant licence. Unfortunately I cant help you there but if you do search for "electrician" etc on this and the other aus site should come up with heaps of info. Im sure there is someone out there who can tell you what you would need to do but you only need to do it when you arrive.

all the best
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:32 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pickle

You don't need to do the TRA thing. My hubby has just got his spouse visa, and all that was asked of him (besides proving relationship is genuine etc) was what his job was, no proof needed, as he is being sponsored by me the aussie citizen.

If you need anymore info I will try to help

Louise
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:36 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Yes as far as I understand, you don't have to do the pre-migration TRA Assessment, but if you want to work in Queensland as a sparky, you will have to do the TRA License test (Trade Skill Certification for Australian Residents ) I think........

Check out the TRA website: http://www.workplace.gov.au/tra

Claire
x
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

cheers for all the info.
there does seem to be a lot of paper work involved but it will still be easier to do it via a spouse visa than as a skilled migrant and a little bit cheaper I hope