Help! Please!

Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:04 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help! Please!

Please help,
I am thinking about moving to Perth and have even gone as far as getting together the info for skills test! I'm a RGN and understand they are fast-tracking nurses at the moment. My problem is that I work 19 hours (2 nights a week) and I understand that you need to be working at least 20 hours. Has anyone any advice on what I can do to get a visa? (skilled migration).
From the skills test form it doesn't ask for evidence of hours worked but I believe I will have to provide a wage slip with my visa application. What about if I increase my hours just before I send off the form so that I will have a wage slip with more than 20 hours? I hope someone can help as I desperately want to go.!!!
regards, Tracey
Old Oct 2nd 2003, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd go with that idea Tracey.If you have read that you need to do at least 20 hours then do it,otherwise you'll be sorely dissapionted for the sake of an hour.good luck.
Chris&Row.
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 1:23 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Chris,
I intend on increasing my hours, that is not a problem. But the thing is, I want to make sure before I apply that it will be OK to do this. I would hate to send in the application form and money and then be asked to produce further evidence which may show that I have only recently increased my hours.
I have spoken to one migration expert who could not really give me any advice. I just don't know what to do and keep thinking that maybe we will be refused.

Is there anyone out there that can help?
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Tracey

A friend of mine has just gone to Perth - his wife is a nurse and her skills got them there. It was the quickest migration I've ever witnessed - they didn't apply until something like Feb/March and went around August!

I'd say try another migration agent - perhaps you were just unlucky with the first one. They can advise you on all this sort of stuff. I'd put a post on asking for nurses to let you know agents they used and try again.

Good luck

Jayne
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Tracy, there are a lot of nurses on this forum from what I have read in the past. Perhaps you should have posted your heading with Nurses help please, then maybe someone in the same situation may beable to help you.
Good luck anyway.

Whisky
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help! Please!

Originally posted by tracey brien
Please help,
I am thinking about moving to Perth and have even gone as far as getting together the info for skills test! I'm a RGN and understand they are fast-tracking nurses at the moment. My problem is that I work 19 hours (2 nights a week) and I understand that you need to be working at least 20 hours. Has anyone any advice on what I can do to get a visa? (skilled migration).
From the skills test form it doesn't ask for evidence of hours worked but I believe I will have to provide a wage slip with my visa application. What about if I increase my hours just before I send off the form so that I will have a wage slip with more than 20 hours? I hope someone can help as I desperately want to go.!!!
regards, Tracey

treacey

when i applied for my skills assessment i didnt have to send in any wage slips all they wanted was a reference from my employer and proof that i was still employed as a nurse from the hr department

no mention of hours and didnt send any proof of any hours i worked

hope this helps

arlene
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:31 pm
happy to be here!

Thanks everybody!
You have put my mind at rest!! I will talk to a couple more migration experts just to make sure, but as you have said, Arlene, you wasn't asked to provide proof of hours so hopefully it will be OK. I might just increase my hours though, just to make sure, in case they ask.
I just had to break off there for a minutes cos I heard someone at the front door - it was two lovely men from the church of something or other, wanting me to discuss the meaning of life. I won't repeat what I said, needless to say, they've gone, thank god!!!!!!! Hopefully when we get to Oz life will have a totally different meaning!
thanks again, Tracey
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tracey,

I would suggest you read through the skilled migration booklet available free on the www.immi.gov.au website. Here is a link - hope it works http://dima.cardgate.net/General_Ski...ation/1119.pdf

From my understanding you must satisfy the basic requirements which includes recent work experience. Employment is defined in the booklet as paid employment of more than 20 hours per week. The basic requirement for a 60 point job is 12 months of the past 18 in paid employment. You do have to provide proof of recent work experience at the time of your application. They may not check it as part of the skills assesment but you must provide the proof of employment to DIMIA, this includes letters of reference stating your duties, salary and hours of work from your employers.

Hope that doesn't dampen your spirits, but I think you may have to increase your hours and then wait for the 12 months until you satisfy the requirements before applying. The other alternative you have is to look at employer sponsored immigration. Best to speak to a migration agent.

Best of luck,
Hazel