Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help over Emigration

Wikiposts

Help over Emigration

Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help over Emigration

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Because we are wanting to go to the South west area (Bunbury) we will be on a RSMS which I'm told is a permant visa and is OK isnt it

YES, that visa is fine.I think the only conditions are that you have to make a positive effort to work for the sponsoring company for the first 2 years.
Good luck with your application, I wish we had that type of visa. We are presently looking for a company to sponsor us for the RSMS or ENS.
I was getting worried about you, but you seem to have everything in control.
Jill
ps. Keep us informed of your timeline, if you can
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WacandJill
Just some advice with our experience. We are aged 45 and 46 and otherhalf is a welder. Because of our age we have had to find sponsors. There is no way you can get out there without a sponsor, whether for temporary residence or permanent - you need a sponsor.
We were granted a 457 visa for 4 years. Please make sure you read about the pitfalls of this visa, ie difficult to get a mortgage, you have to pay for your own healthcare, pay for schooling etc., This is the worst visa to get. The company who have sponsored you can withdraw their sponsorship at any time, meaning you have to leave the country. There is certainly no road to permanent residence with this one, it is purely temporary.

The only other option open to us, is ENS or RSMS. Which in itself isnt straight forward, because of our age, but in certain circumstances the age can be waived, but you need a good agent to fight your case I think.
The ENS visa, in easy to understand terms with regard to your ages, means you have to have a sponsor, but once granted you can work or live anywhere in australia.
The RSMS means you have to have a sponsor, and make a good effort to work for them for the first 2 years, otherwise you are out.
You also have to work in certain areas, not the whole of australia.

We have been having difficulties with our visas, if you want to look at my previous posts, then I think all your questions will be answered. Please be very careful if you are getting a 457 visa.
only my opinion, hope it helps.
Jill
PR is the way to go, and i would not have it any other way, we are designated area , so you are likely to get a sponsor.
We was sponsored, i would not have settled on a temp visa as we are in our early 40s.
A friend of ours was sposored recently, he is 55, so dont give up , if you are job in demand, age does not matter.
Denise
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:22 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Because we are wanting to go to the South west area (Bunbury) we will be on a RSMS which I'm told is a permant visa and is OK isnt it

You posted earlier on:
"The company will sponser me for two years at least and then I get my permanent visa"

RSMS is a permanent visa from Day 1. With a condition to oblige you to work for your employer for 2 years.

Is this the visa you are getting immediately? You need to be very clear about whether it's RSMS or a 457 visa (work permit) as there is a vast difference in your rights in Australia.

If you are going for RSMS immediately, I'd advise doing your police checks now, if you've not already done so.

Jeremy
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
You posted earlier on:
"The company will sponser me for two years at least and then I get my permanent visa"

RSMS is a permanent visa from Day 1. With a condition to oblige you to work for your employer for 2 years.

Is this the visa you are getting immediately? You need to be very clear about whether it's RSMS or a 457 visa (work permit) as there is a vast difference in your rights in Australia.

If you are going for RSMS immediately, I'd advise doing your police checks now, if you've not already done so.

Jeremy
police checks are taking about 3 weeks, my niece has just got hers, i have got her a sponsor here in Bunbury, the 457 temp, but she is only 20, and a hairdresser, so she will be ok getting PR.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 3:05 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Pizza anyone?
Definitely
Old Nov 20th 2005, 6:33 am

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Help over Emigration

Ok everyone we are nearly set to go for it just a few more questions,
1/ At what age do the Rug Rats go to school ? We have one aged 4 would she go to school or child minder or nursery
2/ cars I know what your going to say but I'm going to ask anyway, Are they expensive to run and whats insurance like fully comp or third party. Car prices my wife has a BMW 318 SI M REG how much for the same in OZ, Road tax MOT's ?
3/House hold insurance expensive or what?
4/ Council tax is there such a thing over there?
Gas elec water I take it they are not free what sort of bills for an average family 3 kids 2 adults
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok everyone we are nearly set to go for it just a few more questions,
1/ At what age do the Rug Rats go to school ? We have one aged 4 would she go to school or child minder or nursery
2/ cars I know what your going to say but I'm going to ask anyway, Are they expensive to run and whats insurance like fully comp or third party. Car prices my wife has a BMW 318 SI M REG how much for the same in OZ, Road tax MOT's ?
3/House hold insurance expensive or what?
4/ Council tax is there such a thing over there?
Gas elec water I take it they are not free what sort of bills for an average family 3 kids 2 adults
your little un will go to Kindy, here they do 2 days a week.
I find car ins slightly cheaper, ours is just under 500, that for a 7 seater kia carnival[ sedona in UK]. My daughter is 19, she has a 1.6 ford fiesta, she is paying 900 dollars, she paid a 1000 pound in UK and that was a 1.1.
You get third party with rego, but i would recommend fully comp, with a good car.
Our new house, rates are about 1000 dollars for the year, not moved in yet.
Water rates about the same., not moved in yet.
Gas here at the rental have been between 100-150 dollars for 2 months.
Electric about 120 for 3 months.
I spend roughly 500 dollars a fortnight on shopping.
Phone bill about 100 dollars a month, i phone UK a lot.
foxtel 100 per month, would not be without it.
Rent between 250-300 for a nice place here, we pay 250 but when we move out it will be 260.00 Denise