Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help over Emigration

Wikiposts

Help over Emigration

Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help over Emigration

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Actually my son is 19 and even though he is working he is still a dependant, my other two are 4 and 12 I dont fancy having to pay to send them to school I thought thats what taxes were for?. We are hoping to move to Bunbury in the South western part of Australia.

WA may not have the same policy on school fees as NSW. You need to check, at http://www.wa.gov.au

As regards your older son:

- DIMIA may well view him as *not* dependent because he is working and aged 18+. DIMIA have a rather restricted view of what dependency means.
- If somehow you do get him to Australia then you still have a risk of him being refused a permanent visa later on (due to not being dependent) and if he chooses to study you *will* have to pay overseas student fees.

Is there a particular reason why you are not going for a permanent visa straight away? Bunbury is an eligible area for RSMS even if you don't meet the requirements for ENS.

Jeremy
Old Nov 14th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
WA may not have the same policy on school fees as NSW. You need to check, at http://www.wa.gov.au

As regards your older son:

- DIMIA may well view him as *not* dependent because he is working and aged 18+. DIMIA have a rather restricted view of what dependency means.
- If somehow you do get him to Australia then you still have a risk of him being refused a permanent visa later on (due to not being dependent) and if he chooses to study you *will* have to pay overseas student fees.

Is there a particular reason why you are not going for a permanent visa straight away? Bunbury is an eligible area for RSMS even if you don't meet the requirements for ENS.

Jeremy
Hi , if you are job in demand in Bunbury and you can get a sponsor, age is not an issue,
I have helped a few people in the same situation, one was 55, another 52 and lately a couple that is here at the mo, he is 46. I have pm , so will help all i can.
My daughter came over on student visa, cost me 5000 for 6 month course, i have now got her PR , so now i wnt have to pay international student fees, but she could not work , she had to be totally dependant on us. Denise
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cranni
Hi , if you are job in demand in Bunbury and you can get a sponsor, age is not an issue,
I have helped a few people in the same situation, one was 55, another 52 and lately a couple that is here at the mo, he is 46. I have pm , so will help all i can.
My daughter came over on student visa, cost me 5000 for 6 month course, i have now got her PR , so now i wnt have to pay international student fees, but she could not work , she had to be totally dependant on us. Denise
Hi
Just wishing you all the best, see you when you arrive in Bunbury and Denise will have lots of good info for you, shes a star!

Jan
Old Nov 15th 2005, 2:31 am

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Help over Emigration

We had our first wobble last night it just hit us all of a sudden what the hell are we doing,we sat and talked through everything and managed to get our heads back on track. I dont like rollercoasters but I've this strange feeling I'm on the biggest one of my life.
We are getting some great advice from strangers from the other side of the world by the time we get there its going to be like we're old friends. I've been told that we will get a permenant visa straight away because of the area we would like to go to and because of my trade being in short supply so that sounds OK.
At the start of this ride I phone Wessex migration to get a few facts and was told that no company would take me on without meeting me face to face and because South Western Developement Comm were pushing my CV round all the local companys I shouldnt hold my breath. I guess time will tell.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

We had our first wobble last night it just hit us all of a sudden what the hell are we doing,we sat and talked through everything and managed to get our heads back on track. I dont like rollercoasters but I've this strange feeling I'm on the biggest one of my life.
We are getting some great advice from strangers from the other side of the world by the time we get there its going to be like we're old friends. I've been told that we will get a permenant visa straight away because of the area we would like to go to and because of my trade being in short supply so that sounds OK.
At the start of this ride I phone Wessex migration to get a few facts and was told that no company would take me on without meeting me face to face and because South Western Developement Comm were pushing my CV round all the local companys I shouldnt hold my breath. I guess time will tell.
load of rubbish
you dont have to meet face to face, we was sponsored here, and had not been to Bunbury before, never met our sponsor before. Try another agent, although this visa is straight forward and im sure you could do it without an agent. This visa is also being processed in about 2-3 months, so if you are sure about emigrating you could get things together, police checks , medicals, etc. Denise
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:50 am

Do you think I should get the ball moving by getting my med and police checks done ready for the call up?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Do you think I should get the ball moving by getting my med and police checks done ready for the call up?
Definately, they are valid for 12 months, we had ours already done, and from us geting in touch with Geraldine, we walked in to her office 2 months later.
Denise.
ps , also full birth certificates.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:26 am

What do you have to do to get police checks and do you need them for every member of the family. I've checked out a site and know where I have to go for our meds,but I think I would rather wait and be sure that there is a job offer before parting with any cash.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:35 am

Smile Re: Help over Emigration

I forgot to ask about finding furnished houses and the cost of them until our gear arrives and once our furniture does arrive we will need unfurnished place, and how long do you have to wait until you can start to look at buying a place and put down some roots. When will we stop asking questions?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

I forgot to ask about finding furnished houses and the cost of them until our gear arrives and once our furniture does arrive we will need unfurnished place, and how long do you have to wait until you can start to look at buying a place and put down some roots. When will we stop asking questions?
ok. waittil job offer to be on safe side. medicals and police checks dont take long.
House rentals- most are unfunished, you could just make do or there maybe a chance of part furnished.We came over with just suitcases, and t chest followed about 6 weeks later. we sold everything.
we had beds and suite , fridge,washer , all delevered on the day we came into the house. But did not even have a tspoon.
You can buy as soon as you want, and will get 7000 dollar first home grant, with PR. We ahve built, and move in in 4 weeks , so that is so exciting for us.Building is taking about 12 months at the moment. Ask as many question as yu like, glad to help. By the way we arefrom sunny Morecambe, and have been here nearly 12 months. My hubby is GAS/ PLUMBER
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by cranni
ok. waittil job offer to be on safe side. medicals and police checks dont take long.
House rentals- most are unfunished, you could just make do or there maybe a chance of part furnished.We came over with just suitcases, and t chest followed about 6 weeks later. we sold everything.
we had beds and suite , fridge,washer , all delevered on the day we came into the house. But did not even have a tspoon.
You can buy as soon as you want, and will get 7000 dollar first home grant, with PR. We ahve built, and move in in 4 weeks , so that is so exciting for us.Building is taking about 12 months at the moment. Ask as many question as yu like, glad to help. By the way we arefrom sunny Morecambe, and have been here nearly 12 months. My hubby is GAS/ PLUMBER

Hi we have looked at furnished houses to rent I think Julie said it was 400
dollars a week, we would have to do that until are gear came over. We want
to bring as much as possible because all of it is newish, I'm peeved my new
wide screen tv wont work over there, but Julie want her dining room table
and cabinet over as well as the sofas and beds. I think we want as much brought
over so it will help the kids to have a few familier things still around,
but I'am peeved about my TV. How much is a new one going to cost me?
We have noticed a lot of people tend to buy a piece of land and have
a house built is this the way to go ? how much would that cost ? Julie was
looking at property in and around Bunbury and liked a lot of the houses for
sale I think they were 4 bedroom sort of sizes they all seem larger than
you would get over here.
Cheers for all the advice Julie Davey
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh all this sounds really exciting for you.

The immigration forum may be ideal for you. This one is mainly used for lifestyle/culture.

I felt like was on the rollercoaster with you reading the thread and answers. lol!!!

Good Luck and I hope it goes well for you.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Pizza anyone?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

Just some advice with our experience. We are aged 45 and 46 and otherhalf is a welder. Because of our age we have had to find sponsors. There is no way you can get out there without a sponsor, whether for temporary residence or permanent - you need a sponsor.
We were granted a 457 visa for 4 years. Please make sure you read about the pitfalls of this visa, ie difficult to get a mortgage, you have to pay for your own healthcare, pay for schooling etc., This is the worst visa to get. The company who have sponsored you can withdraw their sponsorship at any time, meaning you have to leave the country. There is certainly no road to permanent residence with this one, it is purely temporary.

The only other option open to us, is ENS or RSMS. Which in itself isnt straight forward, because of our age, but in certain circumstances the age can be waived, but you need a good agent to fight your case I think.
The ENS visa, in easy to understand terms with regard to your ages, means you have to have a sponsor, but once granted you can work or live anywhere in australia.
The RSMS means you have to have a sponsor, and make a good effort to work for them for the first 2 years, otherwise you are out.
You also have to work in certain areas, not the whole of australia.

We have been having difficulties with our visas, if you want to look at my previous posts, then I think all your questions will be answered. Please be very careful if you are getting a 457 visa.
only my opinion, hope it helps.
Jill
Old Nov 15th 2005, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by WacandJill
Just some advice with our experience. We are aged 45 and 46 and otherhalf is a welder. Because of our age we have had to find sponsors. There is no way you can get out there without a sponsor, whether for temporary residence or permanent - you need a sponsor.
We were granted a 457 visa for 4 years. Please make sure you read about the pitfalls of this visa, ie difficult to get a mortgage, you have to pay for your own healthcare, pay for schooling etc., This is the worst visa to get. The company who have sponsored you can withdraw their sponsorship at any time, meaning you have to leave the country. There is certainly no road to permanent residence with this one, it is purely temporary.

The only other option open to us, is ENS or RSMS. Which in itself isnt straight forward, because of our age, but in certain circumstances the age can be waived, but you need a good agent to fight your case I think.
The ENS visa, in easy to understand terms with regard to your ages, means you have to have a sponsor, but once granted you can work or live anywhere in australia.
The RSMS means you have to have a sponsor, and make a good effort to work for them for the first 2 years, otherwise you are out.
You also have to work in certain areas, not the whole of australia.

We have been having difficulties with our visas, if you want to look at my previous posts, then I think all your questions will be answered. Please be very careful if you are getting a 457 visa.
only my opinion, hope it helps.
Jill

Because we are wanting to go to the South west area (Bunbury) we will be on a RSMS which I'm told is a permant visa and is OK isnt it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.