Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP - offer made on house, what to do ?

HELP - offer made on house, what to do ?

Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice
Default HELP - offer made on house, what to do ?

Hi

now before I start, I'm sorry to all those who are still trying to sell their house
especially if you have your visa and it is just he house holding you up.

We Haven't got our visa yet, haven't even got a CO yet, but, we put our house
on the market 2 weeks ago, and had an offer today at just below the asking price
I just dont know what to do now I want to accept the offer so that we dont have
selling the house as something to hold us back, but I'm concerned about where we live
in between the house being sold, and us (pray to God) getting our visa ?
Also, I think it will be hard to find accommodation for what might be only 1 or 2 months,
and, I'm not sure what I will do with the
furniture etc, which we plan to take with us.

Is anyone able to offer any advice and suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - offer made on house, what to do ?

As you are in no particular rush to sell your house wait and see if you get any other offers.

If you do sell your house before you move you could try and negotiate with buyer and stay there and pay occupational rent.

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Hi

now before I start, I'm sorry to all those who are still trying to sell their house

on the market 2 weeks ago, and had an offer today at just below the asking price
selling the house as something to hold us back, but I'm concerned about where we live
Also, I think it will be hard to find accommodation for what might be only 1 or 2 months,

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Neil
congratulations neil and SNAP were in exactly the same boat as you!

were going to stay in a friends caravan i think it should only be for a few weeks though so i'm not bothered, stuff will have to go into storage but i'll worry about that when it comes to it!

good luck

debbie
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:56 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Neil
accept the offer neil. my sister sold her house before she got the visa, she went into rented accom, sold her stuff as she went along. stored it in other peoples places etc. we have had our house on the market for a year now, also put it on the market right at the beginning. fingers crossed our sale is now going through. i would sooner have my visa and no house to sell, rather than have a visa burning a hole in my pocket. if we dont get the visa (god forbid!), so what. still not got our visa by the way, but hey ho, at least we wont be saddled with trying to sell a house when we do get it!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc

were going to stay in a friends caravan i think it should only be for a few weeks though so i'm not bothered, stuff will have to go into storage but i'll worry about that when it comes to it!

good luck

debbie
ps, not told any viewers were emmigrating, just said moving to the coast!!!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:01 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

ps, not told any viewers were emmigrating, just said moving to the coast!!!

snap from us as well, we are going to the coast!!!! lol!!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:02 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
accept the offer neil. my sister sold her house before she got the visa, she went into rented accom, sold her stuff as she went along. stored it in other peoples places etc. we have had our house on the market for a year now, also put it on the market right at the beginning. fingers crossed our sale is now going through. i would sooner have my visa and no house to sell, rather than have a visa burning a hole in my pocket. if we dont get the visa (god forbid!), so what. still not got our visa by the way, but hey ho, at least we wont be saddled with trying to sell a house when we do get it!

Definitely accept offer, we had an offer in first 2 weeks, then it fell thru and now we're doing lots of viewings again and constantly tidying up after the kids! We were going to put our stuff in storage and move into a rented house which wasn't thru an agency so he was happy for us to rent 1 or 2 months at a time - whatever we wanted and we would have been better off financially as the rent and storage together was a lot less that our mortgage!!

I personally feel it's good to put closure on your house - then you're free to go whenever!

Jane
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
snap from us as well, we are going to the coast!!!! lol!!
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Neil

Accept the offer!

Its better to sell your house and put up with a bit of disruption before you emigrate rather than have the constent worry of a house being rented out or on the market in the UK once you are in Australia - I am talking thru experience I dont know your circumstances but i'm sure if you really want this to happen, you will cope You can always put the furniture into storage, not a problem. Finding somewhere to rent/stay for a while - well only you know how easy that will be in your area!

To be free to buy/build once you are here will be great! That 'offer' might be the only one you get for ages - bear that in mind.

Good luck

Gill
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:25 pm
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough

Hi we are in same boat. House sale is going through and no visas yet. We have had three offers first two fell thru after two months of hassles.
We have a caravan which we are going to move into on local campsite for about three months. they only want £250 a month. We shall have to think of it as an extended holiday. John Masons going to store our stuff at £35 a week (full 20 foot containers worth) so thats £390 a month all in, just bottled gas extra. No council tax no elec no life policys house insurance etc. We are aiming to use the saved money to pay off a few bills before we go.
If worst comes to worst you buy another house again. It sure is better than spending time with that visa and no sale!!!
Cheers
Mark
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by myedsore
Hi we are in same boat. House sale is going through and no visas yet. We have had three offers first two fell thru after two months of hassles.
We have a caravan which we are going to move into on local campsite for about three months. they only want £250 a month. We shall have to think of it as an extended holiday. John Masons going to store our stuff at £35 a week (full 20 foot containers worth) so thats £390 a month all in, just bottled gas extra. No council tax no elec no life policys house insurance etc. We are aiming to use the saved money to pay off a few bills before we go.
If worst comes to worst you buy another house again. It sure is better than spending time with that visa and no sale!!!
Cheers
Mark
Selling the house is the worst part. Take the offer , and good luck
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:49 pm
Living the dream

kars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant future

Hi

Take the money and run!!! We have got our visas but the only thing holding us up is the house - 8 veiwings and no offers yet.

All the best
Sally
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Neil
We have gone for it and our house completes tomorrow.We was lucky enough that the buyers are letting us rent it off them until we go.However i know you can take the offer,sign contracts but have date of completion for when you are going .That will depend on how quick your buyers want to move in.if you are sure that there is no reason why you will not get your visa then i would say go for it.But make sure you have a plan B just in case your visa did fall through.We knew that even if we did not get our visa we would move somewhere else anyway so i think this helped us.But please remember even if all of us say go for it at the end of the day you have got to decide for yourself as we do not know personal circumstances.Good luck Nikki
Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:13 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I would accept the offer.

As for renting somewhere short-term: have you got any caravan parks near you? I remember some other people on here who did that. Alternatively, there may be some other types of "holiday" accommodation (i.e. short-term lets) in your area. You could try your local tourist information and if there any houses/flats as holiday lets available, you could negotiate on the rate you pay with the owner.

Gina
Old Apr 26th 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

good luck

debbie
Well congratulations to you too !

Well, to add a bit more to the story, the people buying the house also
happen to be friends of ours !! The problem is they have to be out of their
accomodation (rented) by a set date, so dont want to have to move twice
if you see what I mean.

Thanks

Neil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.