Reload this Page >

Help for a Newbie

Help for a Newbie

Old May 16th 2004, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

davegriff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help for a Newbie

Hi All,
Just came across this forum today, and it looks great !
So, I'll kick off right away, my wife and I are planning to emigrate.
My wife's sister already has permanent residency, and is a teacher in Queensland, just outside Brisbane.
I work in Banking, specifically IT, and my wife is an accountant, not a qualified accountant, but she works in accounts, if you know what I mean.
From what I've seen already, we have achieved 120 points in the skilled independent visa type, and 135 in he skilled sponsored visa type, and we passed in the Skilled Designated Area Sponsored.
This was from migrationexpert.com's free assessment.
Does it make it easier that my wife's sister is a permanent resident ? Has anyone else been down this route ?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We are planning in moving to Sydney.
We have some friends already there, and would love to hear from people who have done it.
We would especially like to hear what sort of things you miss about UK, if any, and if the life in Oz really is everything you thought it would be.
Thanks
Griff
Old May 16th 2004, 8:42 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Help for a Newbie

Does it make it easier that my wife's sister is a permanent resident ? Has anyone else been down this route ?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
We are planning in moving to Sydney.
We have some friends already there, and would love to hear from people who have done it.
We would especially like to hear what sort of things you miss about UK, if any, and if the life in Oz really is everything you thought it would be.
Thanks
Griff [/QUOTE]

Hiya Griff......welcome to the forum

To answer your question:
Your wifes sister, being a permenent resident in Oz, may be able to sponsor you and give you points. Is this what you mean by making it easier?

As for other questions, can't answer I'm afraid as not in Oz yet but I'm sure someone else in this forum can answer.

Maybe you want to read some previous posts on the subject [see search] and also "Back to UK" forum.......

Good luck

Phoenixuk2oz