Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed from commuters using Warnbro/Rockingham train stations

Help needed from commuters using Warnbro/Rockingham train stations

Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold
Default Help needed from commuters using Warnbro/Rockingham train stations

Can anyone who uses Warnbro railwway station to commute to Perth tell me by what time you need to be at the park-and-ride car park at the far end to get a parking spot ?

Was a bit shocked yesterday when I arrived at 8am to catch the 8.25am service for a job interview in the CBD at 9.30am to see a sign saying "Car Park Full".

I drove round anyway in case there was one free spot but nothing.

I've used that car park 5 times in the past two months for trips into Perth after 8am and always managed to find a space but probably through luck more than anything else I think as it always full.

There is no nowhere else to park round there as the station is surrounded by highways and bushland.

I did manage to park somewhere nearby but it was not an ideal place and involved trekking along the highway to get the station. The road into the station has no footpaths and I nearly got run over by a bus.

I don't know if other stations along that line, eg Rockingham are better for parking in the morning.

For this new job I will need to be in Wellington Street near Harbour Town by 8.30am so thinking of taking the 7.35am service. Will I get a space in the car park ?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed from commuters using Warnbro/Rockingham train stations

Originally Posted by kips
Can anyone who uses Warnbro railwway station to commute to Perth tell me by what time you need to be at the park-and-ride car park at the far end to get a parking spot ?

Was a bit shocked yesterday when I arrived at 8am to catch the 8.25am service for a job interview in the CBD at 9.30am to see a sign saying "Car Park Full".

I drove round anyway in case there was one free spot but nothing.

I've used that car park 5 times in the past two months for trips into Perth after 8am and always managed to find a space but probably through luck more than anything else I think as it always full.

There is no nowhere else to park round there as the station is surrounded by highways and bushland.

I did manage to park somewhere nearby but it was not an ideal place and involved trekking along the highway to get the station. The road into the station has no footpaths and I nearly got run over by a bus.

I don't know if other stations along that line, eg Rockingham are better for parking in the morning.

For this new job I will need to be in Wellington Street near Harbour Town by 8.30am so thinking of taking the 7.35am service. Will I get a space in the car park ?
Not sure about that station but at my station if you aren't there around seven then you have no chance.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Not sure about that station but at my station if you aren't there around seven then you have no chance.
Hope that's not the case at Warnbro.

The earliest I will be able to drop my son off for pre-school care is 7am and the drive to Warnbro station takes just under 10 minutes so can't do any earlier.

My first choice child care centre opens at 6.30am but had no availability for half the week so having to use another place which is open 7am-6pm.
I thought the commute to work was going to be simple but it's turning into a nightmare.
Old Mar 21st 2012, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

I know someone who goes to Rockingham as he says the Parking is better than Warnbro, he is normally there for about 6.40am though.