Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP NEEDED ANY ONE WORK FOR BT IN THE UK

HELP NEEDED ANY ONE WORK FOR BT IN THE UK

Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of
Unhappy HELP NEEDED ANY ONE WORK FOR BT IN THE UK

Hi All

Went to log on to my BT internet mail, from here in Aus, put my password in (which I had for years) would it would not let me in, the same thing happened with Facebook, tried to contact BT but spoke to some one in India, could not help me, went to answer the private questions but, can't remember one of the answers, I have just sent out a lot of CV's with my btinternet.com email on, can any one help me PLEASE, PLEASE and also same thing for my SKYPE its the only contact with email that I have with friends back in England.

Any help would be great

Paula
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: HELP NEEDED ANY ONE WORK FOR BT IN THE UK

Hi

Anyone with any HELP

Thanks

Paula
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP NEEDED ANY ONE WORK FOR BT IN THE UK

I still use my BT email. Does it not have a facility that you can click on when you forget your password?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Yes, it does.

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login....yahoo.com/%3f

Haveyou tried it?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Tried this says password invalid

Any other tips

thanks

Paula
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

hhhmmmm, I thought that might have allowed a password re-set. That's my only idea....sorry.

No, actually one thing I remember is that when my husband mucked around with our security settings, it wouldn't give me access to my account. Have a look at that and reduce them and see if it allows you in.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:14 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

1) Don't panic.

2) You can't sign into Facebook or BT/Yahoo webmail or Skype? If so, then it's probably not a fault with BT/Yahoo.

3) Is it the same password for all sites? Are you sure caps lock/num lock is not on/off so that what you're typing is not actually your password? Is there a foreign character set (like Russian or Chinese or something) that's being used on the computer?

4) Have you tried all three sites' "forgotten password" function or do they all depend on having access to your original email account?
https://secure.skype.com/account/password-reset-request
http://www.facebook.com/reset.php

5) if none of the sites are working and all of the passwords were the same, it is possible you have had your password stolen in some way and the thief has changed the password on your accounts? Do you use online banking and have there been any suspicious transactions?

6) Don't panic.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

Hi

To get my password for skype they have to send you a email to the email address, you told them 1st, and I can not login BTyahoo.

Thanks

Paula
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Can you set up a new Googlemail email address as a stop gap while you try and sort this out. Phone one of your friends or family and give them your new email and ask them to email it to all your other friends/ family asking them to email it to anyone else you might know.

It won't solve all your problems but it will be a start.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 5:34 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paula Cox
Hi All

Went to log on to my BT internet mail, from here in Aus, put my password in (which I had for years) would it would not let me in, the same thing happened with Facebook, tried to contact BT but spoke to some one in India, could not help me, went to answer the private questions but, can't remember one of the answers, I have just sent out a lot of CV's with my btinternet.com email on, can any one help me PLEASE, PLEASE and also same thing for my SKYPE its the only contact with email that I have with friends back in England.

Any help would be great

Paula
Hi Paula

If you no longer have BT broadband, I think you have to pay a small amount to BT to keep the .btinternet.com address? If you haven't then it may be BT have discontinued your email account? If you have entered the wrong security details three times they will also suspend you account. Think you will need to try BT again - you may be able to deal with it online rather than on the phone?
Hope you get it sorted soon
Scotty
Old Apr 30th 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for your replies

Paula
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

Sounds silly, but are you using a different laptop/keyboard?

Australian keyboards have a slightly different configuration of special characters. I sometimes do this and expect the keys to be in the same place for home and work
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scotty1
Hi Paula

If you no longer have BT broadband, I think you have to pay a small amount to BT to keep the .btinternet.com address? If you haven't then it may be BT have discontinued your email account? If you have entered the wrong security details three times they will also suspend you account. Think you will need to try BT again - you may be able to deal with it online rather than on the phone?
Hope you get it sorted soon
Scotty

I still have access to my bt account a year after stopping my broadband account. Did you try the security settings?
Old Apr 30th 2010, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Aries_cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I work for BT in the UK and whilst I don't work in the Openworld section I am afraid that it sounds as though your email account has been ceased. Openworld provide an email service to it's customers as an "add on" to internet services. If you do not pay them any longer for broadband then sadly they no longer have to provide and maintain a functioning email address for you. I have seen this happen lots of times.

If you were resident in the UK you could ask for your account to be changed to a "pay as you go" account if ceasing a broadband and can continue to use the email address if you "dial up" from time to time, thus BT is getting some revenue from you for providing the service.

Anyone with a still working Openworld email address that is not a customer any longer, be warned they do mop up excercises from time to time and it won't work forever.

I would strongly advise changing your email address to a free one such as hotmail or google mail as soon as possible.

Sorry.
Old May 1st 2010, 2:10 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty1
If you no longer have BT broadband, I think you have to pay a small amount to BT to keep the .btinternet.com address?
But even if her email account were shut down, it doesn't explain why she can't sign into her Facebook and Skype accounts which are separate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.