Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help! Need ideas for fancy dress!

Help! Need ideas for fancy dress!

Old Apr 30th 2004, 11:29 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help! Need ideas for fancy dress!

We're off to a fancy dress party for my nephew-in-law whos 40 next weekend & cant think of what to go as! Suggestions from the Dagboy so far have been himself as Croc Dundee (dunno what the boys & I are sposed to go as, perhaps the buffalos? ), him as Prince Charles (& me wearing a horse costume & going as CPBowles? ), the boys as Bananas in Pyjamas, gumnut babies or tweedle dum & tweedle dee. My vote goes to his idea of buying a red, yellow, blue & purple polo neck & the 4 of us going as the Wiggles LOL.

Any ideas welcome, anything that will help me escape from having to dress up as Terri to match his Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin :scared: .

And Im not sure if this is how most aussies celebrate their 40th birthday, but its what my family are doing . Help please!!!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:07 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Help! Need ideas for fancy dress!

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
We're off to a fancy dress party for my nephew-in-law whos 40 next weekend & cant think of what to go as! Suggestions from the Dagboy so far have been himself as Croc Dundee (dunno what the boys & I are sposed to go as, perhaps the buffalos? ), him as Prince Charles (& me wearing a horse costume & going as CPBowles? ), the boys as Bananas in Pyjamas, gumnut babies or tweedle dum & tweedle dee. My vote goes to his idea of buying a red, yellow, blue & purple polo neck & the 4 of us going as the Wiggles LOL.

Any ideas welcome, anything that will help me escape from having to dress up as Terri to match his Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin :scared: .

And Im not sure if this is how most aussies celebrate their 40th birthday, but its what my family are doing . Help please!!!
I'm just lost for words, sorry, but I can't provide any good ideas

I did clean my glasses just then, reading the title of this post I thought my glasses were making the words fuzzy

Actually though, the Wiggles does sound a good idea

Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:10 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Get the tightest hot pants you can find, a wig & go as Kylie. At least Mr Dagboy would enjoy it.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:19 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

is there a theme or is it go as anything you want?
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:25 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

I did clean my glasses just then, reading the title of this post I thought my glasses were making the words fuzzy
ABC, not *that* sort of fancy dress, Id be heading off to the local sex shop for those sort of costume .

Originally posted by Bordy
Get the tightest hot pants you can find, a wig & go as Kylie. At least Mr Dagboy would enjoy it.
Bordy .... errrrrrrr .... ummmmmm ........ Im lost for words & that doesnt happen very often :scared: . Even Dagboy didnt quite know what to say when I told him your suggestion - there was a stunned silence for a few moments before he feebly gasped "Ummmmm but you're a bit too tall to pretend to be Kylie dear" LOL.

Fuzzy, no theme, just fancy dress! Should be easy, but Im stumped!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Hiya,

If there isn`t a theme, then turn the clock back 40 years, what was happening then? You could dress in 60s gear or as someone famous in that era.

Groovy!!

Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:29 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

ROCKY HORROR!!

Get those suspenders on!!

Ah, that brings back memories.........
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:36 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by SteveBannister
ROCKY HORROR!!

Get those suspenders on!!

Ah, that brings back memories.........
OMG!!!

Dagboy as Frankenfurter!!!!!

Ohh ohhh, Ive come over all faint all of a sudden just at the thought!!

Marlo, JFK with a hole in his head? (yeah, sick sense of humour, I know )
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Marlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant futureMarlo has a brilliant future

Forget JFK, what about Marlyn Monroe? You can sing happy birthday out of tune too!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 12:45 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Marlo
Forget JFK, what about Marlyn Monroe? You can sing happy birthday out of tune too!
Well at least Ive got more of a chance of being recognised as Marilyn Munro than as Kylie .

Dagboy can be hole in the head man .
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

but you're a bit too tall to pretend to be Kylie dear
My MIL did say he was charming........! Could sell ice to the Eskimoes, couldn't he!
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:04 pm
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

an easy but simple suggestion is to get about 20 balloons either green or purple, blow them up, attach them to a t-shirt and trousers which are either brown or black, and hey presto your're a bunch of grapes. doesnt cost much and you can be sure there wont be anyone else there with the same outfit.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:23 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Im not sure if this is how most aussies celebrate their 40th birthday, but its what my family are doing . Help please!!!
Hows about Al Capone & his gang of mols?

We did this for my graduation

Only things is.......the 5 O'clock shadow turned out to be real and not make-up:scared: :scared: [I'm a girlie...honest]

Phoenixuk2oz

Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't you borrow Poll's broomstick?
Old Apr 30th 2004, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Dagboy could go as Dame Edna

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.