Reload this Page >

Help moving to Perth Jan 09

Help moving to Perth Jan 09

Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

mark and sharon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help moving to Perth Jan 09

HI all,

we are moving to perth in Jan 09 and have two girls under four. Could you offer any advice regarding childcare in the northern area of Perth?

I am a hairdresser and a part time lecturer and my hubby is a plumber, what courses are needed when we get out there for these trades? and whats the prospects of getting work there?

We would like to here from anyone who has done this before us and could offer us any help and advice to make this move as smooth as possible.

Cheers
Old Nov 29th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help moving to Perth Jan 09

hi
just need to have qualifications assessed, both plumbing and hairdressing. may need to do an exam etc hubby had 6 hour exam when we arrived.:curse:hes a painter,that was 17years ago though. you can always do mobile hairdressing, put add in local paper. dont you fancy moving country,good tradespersons ( Pommie) badly needed.we are moving back to uk asap house needs to be sold. large new 4 x 2. this is 3hr drive from perth,beautiful beaches,holiday fishing town.oh well i did try!!! anyway good luck with your move to wa.
audrey:
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
hi
just need to have qualifications assessed, both plumbing and hairdressing. may need to do an exam etc hubby had 6 hour exam when we arrived.:curse:hes a painter,that was 17years ago though. you can always do mobile hairdressing, put add in local paper. dont you fancy moving country,good tradespersons ( Pommie) badly needed.we are moving back to uk asap house needs to be sold. large new 4 x 2. this is 3hr drive from perth,beautiful beaches,holiday fishing town.oh well i did try!!! anyway good luck with your move to wa.
audrey:
Whereabouts do you intend heading for?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:44 am
Just Joined

havn't decided yet all depends on house rent, would like to move joondlup area ,but not sure about prices around that area(on a bit of a budget) do you recomend anywere?
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mark and sharon
havn't decided yet all depends on house rent, would like to move joondlup area ,but not sure about prices around that area(on a bit of a budget) do you recomend anywere?
Yeah Joondalup ok...looking at about $450,000 for a house there (roughly)
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Yeah Joondalup ok...looking at about $450,000 for a house there (roughly)
The 'newer part' is nice, around Neil hawkins park!
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

whats the rent like in kinross and what areas would you reccomend ,would their be any call for hairdressers in that area
Old Nov 29th 2008, 10:57 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

whats the rent like in kinross and what areas would you reccomend ,would their be any call for hairdressers in that area
www.domain.com.au www.reiwa.com.au will give you prices of rentals in the areas you are looking for.

Hairdressers are needed pretty much everywhere and Kinross is pretty easily accessable to anywhere in the northern suburbs, so even if you had to travel a bit it wouldn't be too difficult to get where you're going.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Hi Mark and Sharon,

We have just moved to Perth (Dec 1st) and absolutely love it so far. There is a lot to do when you get here in terms of sorting stuff out, it has surprised us, and we are a pretty organised family. We are currently in Joondalup which is very modern and close to nice beaches. Great shopping centre and the climate is fantastic. The far northern suburbs offer excellent value for money for modern property and from what we have researched so far, I would suggest going North West until you can find something that matches your requirements. Other suburbs that seem nice and are worth considering are south of the river along the Canning Highway (see Google Maps). These are close to the river which we have found to be a really great feature of Perth. There are lots of parks by the river and a lot of family time seems to be spent on and by the river especially at weekends. The houses here are generally older and mainly 3 bed but are all nice. The bus and train services are superb compared with UK and a fraction of the cost and the Northern suburbs seem well connected to Perth CBD in that respect.
It's worth noting down your priorities and using that to focus your attention as there is a lot of choice here and I reckon you want to make as best informed decision as you can as this will help you settle quicker.

Bit of a ramble, but I recognise what you are going through at the moment. Let me know if I can help with anything.

MANDS
Old Dec 17th 2008, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

hiya mands,
hope you're ok. thankyou for taking time to reply. you have made me even more excited to come over. we arrive on the 19th jan. were expecting it to be hectic but am looking forward to the challenge. we are staying in jindalup when we arrive too. our girls are 2 and a half, and 3 and a half so they will enjoy the lakeside family time you mentioned. hope to speak to you again soon. sharon and mark.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 6:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

hiya mands,
hope you're ok. thankyou for taking time to reply. you have made me even more excited to come over. we arrive on the 19th jan. were expecting it to be hectic but am looking forward to the challenge. we are staying in jindalup when we arrive too. our girls are 2 and a half, and 3 and a half so they will enjoy the lakeside family time you mentioned. hope to speak to you again soon. sharon and mark.
Is that Joondalup or Jindalee?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

We have just bought in Kallaroo and love it.
We lived in Tapping near Joondalup and hated it, no trees or soul to the place
My advice take your time and have a good look round the different suburbs
Old Dec 17th 2008, 11:36 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

I am a hairdresser and a part time lecturer and my hubby is a plumber, what courses are needed when we get out there for these trades? and whats the prospects of getting work there?
There's a group of expats (mostly wives ) who meet up on Thursdays at Hillarys. One is a hairdresser, so she could probably give you some pointers on finding work (not sure if she's on this forum).

Cheers
b
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

plumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud ofplumbobs has much to be proud of

hi mark and sharon
we are in the same position as you we are moving to perth january 22nd, pete is also a plumber we have 4 children 13, 12, 5 and 4. my big worry is not having a house to go to and all the estate agents i have been in touch with say you can only apply for rental after you have viewed the property where are you planning to stay when you first get out there i am beginning to think pete will have to go first, get a job and house then i will have to go later which i don't really like
any good ideas gratefully received
sue
Old Dec 18th 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by plumbobs
hi mark and sharon
we are in the same position as you we are moving to perth january 22nd, pete is also a plumber we have 4 children 13, 12, 5 and 4. my big worry is not having a house to go to and all the estate agents i have been in touch with say you can only apply for rental after you have viewed the property where are you planning to stay when you first get out there i am beginning to think pete will have to go first, get a job and house then i will have to go later which i don't really like
any good ideas gratefully received
sue
Kinross rental is about $350 to $400 per week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.