Help meds question.

Wikiposts

Help meds question.

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 4:55 am
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help meds question.

Hi everyone,
Meds booked for 25th Feb,and was wondering how specific you have to be in handing over your medical info from hospital/GP's.
Over the last ten years i have had to visit the quacks twice,
The first was 8 years ago,which i'm only going to desribe as (ahem) gonad related (ok ,you can stop laughing now).
And the other time was about 4 years ago,with a touch of tonsilitis(not related to gonad prob).
Is it really necesary to go to my GP for specific dates and records after this amount of time has passed, or will ASPC want proof ?
The medical probs cleared up on their own,without any follow-up treatment.
My Gp and his staff are the most ignorant and obnoxious gits i know,and getting any info out of them is going to take an eternity.:

Arron.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:20 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Help meds question.

Originally posted by Arron
Hi everyone,
Meds booked for 25th Feb,and was wondering how specific you have to be in handing over your medical info from hospital/GP's.
The first was 8 years ago,which i'm only going to desribe as (ahem) gonad related (ok ,you can stop laughing now).
And the other time was about 4 years ago,with a touch of tonsilitis(not related to gonad prob).
Is it really necesary to go to my GP for specific dates and records after this amount of time has passed, or will ASPC want proof ?
My Gp and his staff are the most ignorant and obnoxious gits i know,and getting any info out of them is going to take an eternity.:

Arron.
If you're unsure about what to put on the form, I would wait until you & your gonads get to the medical, then talk it thru with the Panel Doctor. I did this (no gonads, cos I'm a girlie ) and it ws fine.

Anya.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:03 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Arron.

Arron
As far as Im aware there is no need to hand over any medical records. They do all the checks there and then.
Im sure we didnt hand over any records.
Dont worry your gonads about it, youll be fine.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:17 am

Hi,
Thanks for your replies so far,
What i meant to say rather than "handing over " your medical info ,was more along the lines of how much of your medical history do you disclose on the form?
In my opinion ,my medical history seams very trivial, but would it warrant further investigation by the panel doctor.?

Is this the first sign of PMT (pre- medical tension)

Arron.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:40 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
What i meant to say rather than "handing over " your medical info ,was more along the lines of how much of your medical history do you disclose on the form?
In my opinion ,my medical history seams very trivial, but would it warrant further investigation by the panel doctor.?

Arron.
Yes it is PMT.
You need to declare ONGOING or existing conditions.
Don't tell porkies as if it is found out later your visa can be cancelled.
The medical is very basic.
Be honest on your form and there will be no problem.

Good luck

G
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:44 am

Thanks,
Gonna have a few of these now .
or will alcohol remain in my blood indefinetly OMG i'm off again.....................calm..........calm.....c alm
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Arron

Just wondering where you are having your meds done,are you going to the panel doctor in Salford?.
If you are no worries he is really helpful and he will talk you through what you need to put on your form.
I think to err on the side of caution it is probably worth mentioning

Diane
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:56 am

Thanks for the advise,
We are going to the one in Salford.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Arron.
Just fill it in to the best of your knowledge. The medical was more thorough than I was expecting.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:36 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Amazulu
Just fill it in to the best of your knowledge. The medical was more thorough than I was expecting.
please share
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:39 am
WBB

Originally posted by wengerboy
please share
have you seen the film "roadtrip"?

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:40 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
have you seen the film "roadtrip"?
yup
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:46 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wengerboy
please share
Not quite as bad as 'roadtrip'!. I was expecting a basic medical, based on comments on the site. My medical reminded me of my army medical (maybe not quite as thorough). He checked weight, eyesight, blood pressure, reflexes, gonads!, chest & loads of other things. I guess it depends on the Doctor.