Help me

Old Feb 15th 2006, 7:54 am
Just Joined

pepe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help me

My application arrived at DIMIA in 28 July 2005. Since then I don't have any news.
Is there anybody who can tell me the date that DIMIA processes the applications?
Thanx
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:31 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me

Hi Pepe.

Tell us what type of visa you have applied for.
Other people going for the same type may be able to give you some idea of the usual time taken.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pepe
My application arrived at DIMIA in 28 July 2005. Since then I don't have any news.
Is there anybody who can tell me the date that DIMIA processes the applications?
Thanx

It depends on what region your in as to time scales.

We need more info

Where do you live? What Visa have you applied for?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 11:28 am
Just Joined

I have applied for 136 Skilled Independent Visa.
I live in East Europe (Romania).I suppose I am in Region 3.Am I?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

From looking I would think that you should either have already had a Meds and PCC's request by now, or should have one very soon.

I think a polite e-mail to DIMIA may be in order. Hope that helps.

Wendy
Old Feb 15th 2006, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

The problem is that I don't have a CO.
I have written an email to DIMIA, and they wrote me to have patience.
There is a part of the message I've got from DIMIA:
"Thank you for your e-mail in relation to applying for skilled migration to
Australia.

Please note that due to the large number of applications currently received
by this office, the Department is unable to provide progress reports
regarding the processing of your application.

For information on current processing times of applications, please refer
to the Department’s website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...imefrms.htm#pt

If your application is within these timeframes, we are unable to provide
any further response to your query.

Your case officer will contact you if any further information is required.

rest assured your application is still being processed by support officers.
Your case officer will contact you when necessary"

What would I do?
Should I write again? Should I wait? Till when?
I think I am going crazy.
Is there anyone who can tell me what should I do?

pepe
Old Feb 15th 2006, 2:44 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

I would not assume you are Region 3 - even though this is Europe & UK..... there are many people on the forum that are from the UK but are Region 1, 2, 4, & 5. Is your occupation a MODL one?
I have had a look on the DIMIA website and in the Agents Kit it says that depending whether you are on or offshore & your country of residence is classed as low or high risk will depend on your processing times also. These range from 4 mths to 15mths.
Hope that helps!

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Feb 15th 2006 at 2:50 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 2:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I would not assume you are Region 3 - even though this is Europe & UK..... there are many people on the forum that are from the UK but are Region 1, 2, 4, & 5. Is your occupation a MODL one?
I have had a look on the DIMIA website and in the Agents Kit it says that depending whether you are on or offshore & your country of residence is classed as low or high risk will depend on your processing times also. These range from 4 mths to 15mths.
Hope that helps!

I've looked everywhere to find out times etc. Can't see anything useful at all. Some people from the same country have theirs in 6 months others in over 12 months.

Only thing to do Paka is sit it out.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 3:04 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I've looked everywhere to find out times etc. Can't see anything useful at all. Some people from the same country have theirs in 6 months others in over 12 months.

Only thing to do Paka is sit it out.
i found this http://www.immi.gov.au/agents/info_kit_1_54.pdf and it goes on about it on page 21 i think
Old Feb 16th 2006, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Thank you for all answers.
But I have another question.
Is there anyone who applyed for visa in July 2005? Do you have any answers from DIMIA?
Do DIMIA processes aplications from July 2005? Or they process aplications from other months?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

happymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud ofhappymum has much to be proud of

Thank you for all answers.
But I have another question.
Is there anyone who applyed for visa in July 2005? Do you have any answers from DIMIA?
Do DIMIA processes aplications from July 2005? Or they process aplications from other months?
Some 136 non-modls from June have only just had their requests so this is not too unusual, although frustrating I know. Why not check out www.austimeline.com so you can enter your details and see where others similar to yourselves are.

Good luck! Hope you hear soon.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

lisac is on a distinguished road

Thanx
Hi Pepe,

Some reassurance for you. I'm afraid applications for those of us who applying for a 136 Non MODL visa take far longer to process. So dont fear you have been forgotten!!

We are Non MODL, our application was received by Adelaide on 30 June 2005. And we heard nothing from them, not even to let us know that a case officer had been assigned, until yesterday when we got asked to do our meds and police checks. Apparently this was because we had submitted a full application and they had no cause to be in touch with us, to chase any missing bits, while they were running all the checks.

... Now it is full steam ahead with meds and xrays booked for next Thursday.

As per someones earlier post I recommend looking on www.austimeline.com as you can search for people who are applying in the same circumstances as you.

Good luck, and if mine and austimeline's dates are anything to go by for non MODL hopefully you will be hearing within the next couple of weeks,

Cheers, Lisa
Old Feb 17th 2006, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi lisac!
Thank you for your message.
I would like to ask you what country are you from?
In this way I can count the days.
Thank you.
Have a nice weekend.
Good luck with your meds.
pepe
Old Feb 21st 2006, 7:15 am
Just Joined

lisac is on a distinguished road

Hi lisac!
Thank you for your message.
I would like to ask you what country are you from?
In this way I can count the days.
Thank you.
Have a nice weekend.
Good luck with your meds.
pepe
Hi Pepe

We are applying from the uk??

We have our meds booked for Thursday - and now I have a cold!! I am hoping this wont go to my chest too much as I have heard of unlucky people who have had to redo their xrays because of this.....

Fingers crosseed your request should be through soon, surely they can't make you wait too much longer!

Lisa
Old Feb 21st 2006, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lisa!
Thank you for your answer.
I keep my fingers crossed for you to have luck with your meds.
Hope you'll get better till then.

I also hope I ll have any good news from DIMIA.
Pepe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.