Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help with locations, please ...

Help with locations, please ...

Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:37 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Help with locations, please ...

Could anyone let me know where, in relation to Perth city centre, the following places are?

Forrestfield
Gooseberry Hill
The Vines
Morley

Thanks a lot.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:52 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Help with locations, please ...

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Could anyone let me know where, in relation to Perth city centre, the following places are?

Forrestfield
Gooseberry Hill
The Vines
Morley

Thanks a lot.

hi I can help you with a couple of them

Morely is up in the Northern suburbs about 20 mins from the city - go up Alexander Drive. The Galleria mall is in Morely. My cousins have lived there for over 20 years and like it. Its not bad but quite old properties are there.

The Vines. this is out towards Ellenbrook. Even further north and borders a great golf club. Probably a good 40mins from the city but a ncie place to live if you want to be close to the countryside and Perth hills. My dad has a frined who lives there and they love it - especially if you are a golfer !!

Hope this helps

Warren
Perth in nearly two weeks !!!

Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:26 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
hi I can help you with a couple of them

Morely is up in the Northern suburbs about 20 mins from the city - go up Alexander Drive. The Galleria mall is in Morely. My cousins have lived there for over 20 years and like it. Its not bad but quite old properties are there.

The Vines. this is out towards Ellenbrook. Even further north and borders a great golf club. Probably a good 40mins from the city but a ncie place to live if you want to be close to the countryside and Perth hills. My dad has a frined who lives there and they love it - especially if you are a golfer !!

Hope this helps

Warren
Perth in nearly two weeks !!!
Thanks for that.

I assume when you say '40 minutes from Perth' that you mean by car. But is that rush hour driving or during the rest of the day?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:39 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.

I assume when you say '40 minutes from Perth' that you mean by car. But is that rush hour driving or during the rest of the day?
rush hour in Perth aint the same as in the uk, add 10 mins onto ya journey.

Also I think Forrestfields is south of Perth out by Jandakot Airport, so my guesstimation is about 25 minute drive, about 20 to 25 clicks

Walla
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

junekelly is an unknown quantity at this point

From a Real Estate Reps point of view if you can afford morley , that would be the suburb I would choose. Its not to far from the city and has reasonably easy access to most places. Forrestfield being south of the river is a little cheaper. The Vines can be fairly expensive , but has some nice properties, still a little out nowhere in my opinion.

Really depends on what, whom and where you want to be close to
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:30 pm
Confused member

Just realised I forgot to include Mindarie.

Any opinions on it? And where is it?!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Just realised I forgot to include Mindarie.

Any opinions on it? And where is it?!
Mindarie is further north than you have been looking. It is roughly 40km's north of perth
Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:19 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Well I wouldnt call Forestfield south its east and at the base of the hills, same with Gooseberry Hills. Its ok but i wouldnt live there. Morely is OK, established older area. Vines is a lifestyle area to live, as Warren said if you love golf then go to the Vines. Mindarie is a newly built area with a marina etc, its nice, bit overpriced for my liking for how far out it is.

But anyway have a look at this Map site so you know where things are in Perth
Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:25 pm
Confused member

Originally Posted by Siren
Well I wouldnt call Forestfield south its east and at the base of the hills, same with Gooseberry Hills. Its ok but i wouldnt live there. Morely is OK, established older area. Vines is a lifestyle area to live, as Warren said if you love golf then go to the Vines. Mindarie is a newly built area with a marina etc, its nice, bit overpriced for my liking for how far out it is.

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to decide which is the best area to live and have looked at quite a few areas.

To turn the question around: where would you recommend? The nicest areas are (probably) the most expensive and I don't think I'd want to be more than 30 minutes from Perth.

I'm going over on a recce in a few weeks and want to narrow the choices down!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:41 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to decide which is the best area to live and have looked at quite a few areas.

To turn the question around: where would you recommend? The nicest areas are (probably) the most expensive and I don't think I'd want to be more than 30 minutes from Perth.

I'm going over on a recce in a few weeks and want to narrow the choices down!

Well that would depend a bit on your circumstances.... work, kids, and how much you want to spend. Perth is very spread out.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 4:47 pm
Confused member

Well that would depend a bit on your circumstances.... work, kids, and how much you want to spend. Perth is very spread out.
No kids. Can work from home but would need access to the CBD.

Budget would be around $500k.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:01 pm

No kids. Can work from home but would need access to the CBD.

Budget would be around $500k.
Then you could look at the western suburbs, like Cottesloe, Mosman park, Claremont, Subiaco. All older areas of Perth and some beautiful houses.

Then you could go north towards City Beach, Carine, Sorrento, Carine.

All these places you could get into the city within 20 mins, maybe 30 if the traffic is real shit. The beaches are within a stones throw. Plenty (too many for my CC liking) of shopping centres around.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 5:16 pm
Confused member

Then you could look at the western suburbs, like Cottesloe, Mosman park, Claremont, Subiaco. All older areas of Perth and some beautiful houses.

Then you could go north towards City Beach, Carine, Sorrento, Carine.

All these places you could get into the city within 20 mins, maybe 30 if the traffic is real shit. The beaches are within a stones throw. Plenty (too many for my CC liking) of shopping centres around.
Thanks Siren! I'll be eyeing these places up in a few weeks!
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Siren! I'll be eyeing these places up in a few weeks!
Think that is good advise Siren for the amount of money being spent and circumstances. I Definately go with what your suggesting.

Location is all to do with the amount of money spent, location to schools , and of couse how far away from work it is.

Most people if they're not working in Perth don't mind living as far out as Mindarie or Butler , but if your going to go that far out Iluka, is a higher priced area and is considered better because its a little closer into perth.

Personally I go into Perth once a year if that. So when people say its to far out, I wonder what its to far out from?. Most areas are pretty built up now and Joondalup has night spots,restaurants , cinemas, large shopping centre and whitfords city isn't to far either.The train station has just opened in Clarkson and takes around 30min to get into the city( Alot better than a peak hour drive)
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Think you would be great in Real Estate Siren.
I see you live out in the Northern suburbs, that would make you somewhere between Perth and Two Rocks, the same as me.
Good luck for friday, hope the weather will be nice for your special day

Last edited by junekelly; Oct 11th 2004 at 10:43 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.