Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help-local knowledge in Perth /What to do

Help-local knowledge in Perth /What to do

Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

ugez009sumi will become famous soon enoughugez009sumi will become famous soon enough
Default Help-local knowledge in Perth /What to do

Hi,

1) I am coming across to Perth for the cricket this weekend. Can anyone recommend some decent bars and a nightclub for the saturday night and a decent place for an Indian. I have been living in Sydney a few months and struggling to get a good curry.

2) Also any ideas if I can go boat fishing on the Sunday night, say like 8 pm till 2 or somehting with a charter.

3) Also send me a mail at [email protected] as well as my friend wants to know if their are any strip clubs, not my scene, but one of my cricket group form UK touring australia has asked me this question. Maybe I will take an indian that night.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:45 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help-local knowledge in Perth /What to do

Originally Posted by ugez009sumi
Hi,

1) I am coming across to Perth for the cricket this weekend. Can anyone recommend some decent bars and a nightclub for the saturday night and a decent place for an Indian. I have been living in Sydney a few months and struggling to get a good curry.

2) Also any ideas if I can go boat fishing on the Sunday night, say like 8 pm till 2 or somehting with a charter.

3) Also send me a mail at [email protected] as well as my friend wants to know if their are any strip clubs, not my scene, but one of my cricket group form UK touring australia has asked me this question. Maybe I will take an indian that night.

Can't help with Perth, but when you get back to the real world, the best curry in Sydney is in (like many other things) Balmain. There are two good choices - The All Indian at the junction of Darling and Montague, and the Indian Palace On Darling, not far From Woolworths.

The Indian Palace serve a fantastic Lamb Madras, which is really hot and spicy! Yum. The peshawari naan is really good too - all home made and stuffed with fruit...

I've made myself hungry just thinking about it...

S
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

ugez009sumi will become famous soon enoughugez009sumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Can't help with Perth, but when you get back to the real world, the best curry in Sydney is in (like many other things) Balmain. There are two good choices - The All Indian at the junction of Darling and Montague, and the Indian Palace On Darling, not far From Woolworths.

The Indian Palace serve a fantastic Lamb Madras, which is really hot and spicy! Yum. The peshawari naan is really good too - all home made and stuffed with fruit...

I've made myself hungry just thinking about it...

S
S, I will try. Thanks for that. I live in resturant central i.e Surry Hills. I have built up a network of some great italians, thai (check out Longrain) etc etc but have not found an Indian I an happy with.

CM
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

1) Head to Northbridge. On Friday & Saturday night it's going to be buzzing due to all the cricket fans out & about. The Brass Monkey is a good pub followed by The Mustang for an Aussie, rough & ready bar. There are some Indian restaurants in Northbridge but do not know what they are like.

2) Sorry can't help with fishing. Google it & you should find something.

3) There are some strip clubs on William Street in Northbridge (one across the road from The Brass Monkey). Also should be good fun this weekend.

Hope you have agreat time in the best city in Australia.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cricket should be good.

Amazulu has answered 1 and 3.

http://www.millscharters.com.au/index.html is a good fishing charter company based at Hillarys. I haven't had a look at their website but a few friends have used them. Hillarys is about 25 mins north of the CBD.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 3:32 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Northbridge as Amazulu says, or Moon and Sixpence or the Belgium bar on Murray St in the City, or Tiger Lils (http://www.tigerlils.com.au/) bit further along (against the flow of traffic) is better from about 10pm onwards.
For a cury, id skip all of them in Northbridge(pretty average in my view) and go for Nine Mary's (www.ninemarys.com.au) have the platter as an entree and the Crayfish Massala(pretty spicy) as a main, its just round the corner from tiger lils too, if your really trashed there a crap rip off karaokee bar also close by.
Enjoy!