Help with Job

Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

airlineguy1980 will become famous soon enough
Default Help with Job

I got my aussie PR in feb 2012. Validated it in aug 2012. Now trying to make a move. Due to some financial commitment. I cant resign my job and sit out in aussie until I find a new one.
The first method I am doing is trying to get a job by remaining overseas and trying for internal transfer. But no positive results so far.

Now I am trying to think how can I make a move without damaging my financial commitment. I need some advice to that.

I require 2500AUD a month in savings to meet the commitments plus basic living expenses for one person. is this possible working in a job like waiter? whats the average rate per hour I mean realistic as I came across that the min wage in aussie is 14AUD/HR. how about over time pay is it 1.5 or 2 times the normal rate.

I am just trying to work out a financial plan.any kind help from people WHO have done it before will be of great help for a 33 yr old person with less international exposure. How easy is it to find these type of job in hospitality industry.? is the jog agency of any use?

thanks
Old Dec 19th 2013, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Help with Job

Just to add
Currently I work as an aircraft maintenance engineer. I have degree from UK in aircraft engineering. but i know to work in aussie in this field i need a license conversion which i eventually will do slowly once i settled in aussie
Old Dec 19th 2013, 4:48 am
Dobro

huey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nicehuey is just really nice

Don't know about waiting but I'm pretty sure you would get work immediately in your field whilst you wait to do the LAME conversion.

AME & LAME's always seem to be in demand.

If you was only employed on the apprentice rate which is about the same as you quoted for waiters you'd potentially get by. You would then also be in a great position to get the conversions done quicker.

But what do I know, I'm only a pilot
Old Dec 19th 2013, 11:17 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Williamtown air base near Newcastle are currently looking for aircraft maintenance engineers I believe. Googly it.
Old Dec 20th 2013, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help. Will look into that. I also got a interview via phone on 2 January. Hope some good comes out of it.