Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help, I don't know what to expect!!

Help, I don't know what to expect!!

Old Jan 9th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all
Default Help, I don't know what to expect!!

Hi there,
Hope there are other people out there like me. I am 11 years old and we have applied to go to Australia. We have already been there in 1997 but I do not remember it. A bit scared about move and excited at the same time. Anyone in the same position? I live in Glasgow and we are hoping to move to Aus middle of 2006 and are going to Melbourne.

Nicole
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help, I don't know what to expect!!

Originally Posted by Sandra and Jim
Hi there,
Hope there are other people out there like me. I am 11 years old and we have applied to go to Australia. We have already been there in 1997 but I do not remember it. A bit scared about move and excited at the same time. Anyone in the same position? I live in Glasgow and we are hoping to move to Aus middle of 2006 and are going to Melbourne.

Nicole
Hi Nicole, I'm in Houston, Texas but just wanted to say hi and wish you well. How exciting for you to have the chance to experience life in another country. With email and web cams it will be so easy to keep in contact with your old friends back in the UK. Hopefully you'll be hearing from some folk down under. Take care and safe trip
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

Nicole
Hi Nicole

We live in Melbourne, my daughter came over here last year when she was 11, I will ask her to pm her when she wakes up (school hols here so late to bed!!)

good luck

Caz
Old Jan 9th 2006, 10:18 pm

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about

Hi there,

Nicole
Hi Nicole,

Australia is a nicer and warmer version of the UK. Its not like you are going the other side of the world (well you are actually but you would not know it).
You can easily keep in touch with the UK and Australia really is a nice place.

If we keep bumping your message up a little I am sure you will get lots of feedback.

Good luck.

Brian.

Last edited by bjbrian; Jan 9th 2006 at 10:21 pm.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. It would be nice to ask your duaghter some questions about school, friends and eveything else about moving to and meeting new people in Australia. We have just gone back to school after 2 weeks off at Christmas. Very cold and very rainy today.

Thank you
Nicole

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi Nicole

We live in Melbourne, my daughter came over here last year when she was 11, I will ask her to pm her when she wakes up (school hols here so late to bed!!)

good luck

Caz